Future US Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Future US

Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Future US.

Interviewed with multiple people. It was so long ago things may have changed.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Future US in March 2010.

I sent in my resume etc via email and only had a phone interview. Guess I did well?

Interview Questions
    Do not accept the first offer. Ask for more.

Online Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Future US in May 2008.

- Applied for the job online and then heard back for a 1 on 1 interview in their office
    - Interviewed with two different people
    - Both interviews were 1 on 1 and scenario based
    - Know your resume well
    - Lots of fit and personality questions
    - No real technical questions about online marketing

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to persuade someone. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Future US in July 2010.

the interviews were rather odd because it wasn't clear who would be working for whom and who would be making the final decisions. I returned twice, the second time presumably to help them decide between final candidates. one of the interviewers, a more senior one, was very candid about the management, salary negotiations, and the job. That person was the one that convinced me it was a job worth taking. unfortunately, he left not long after i started. The culture was described as "wacky" and "creative," yet when you got to the bottom of it, it's just like any other place. Management dictates the limits of creativity. Ask about room for advancement. Ask for job security b/c of prevalent layoffs. HR is very green and tends to spout the company line.

Interview Questions
    • What salary are you making at your current job?   View Answer
    Negotiation was minimal. I was eager for the job and willing to concede too much. The company doesn't provide much in the way of upward mobility or salary reviews/raises, so remember that while negotiating.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Future US in December 2009.

Very casual interview. I arrived, went into a private office, and was asked to describe my personality, and goals.

Trading Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Future US in January 2010.

Telephonic and panel interview. 1 week gap between two. Lot of financial questions. Options pricing, strategies, derivatives pricing. Bonds, forex, swaps, FRAs, equity etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Future US? Contribute to the Community!