Futures First info services pvt Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.5

Derivatives Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Futures First info services pvt.

Rapid Fire Math test - 40 questions in 10 minutes. 1 round on campus, was a mix of behavioral and stress interviews. Try to stretch you as much as possible to assess how you would react/behave under pressure. Quick thinking on the feet, staying calm under pressure and not being nervous would help throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Which sports do you follow? Give me the current standing of the teams in the league/tournament?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Mainly concentrate on the Risk taking ability and different situations you have handled the pressure.
    Everything is a part of trading so its not at all irrelavent.
    Knowing something about the markets could be an icing on the cake.

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Futures First info services pvt.

I applied through College and the process comprised of 2 Written Test, 1 having 30 Simple Math problems to be solved under 5 minutes followed by 1 MAT test on the lines of CAT consisting of 30 Problems to be solved under 25 minutes. After the test is the turn of Interviews. Futures First has a reputation for toughest interviews and they deserve it truly. We had two round Interviews and both rounds tested my decisions in past, went through my full CV. Do expect some out of the box questions, basically to test on the feet thinking. Stress Testing at its best.

Interview Questions
    • If 6 digit number is commodity that you want to launch in the market what will be its bid ask spread.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

First we will have a written test in two phases including aptitude and reasoning. In aptitude we have to answer correctly in terms of decimals too(corrected to two decimal points), and must not use any kind of calculators, if we pass both the sections then we will be allowed to Interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult thing is, we will be given 6 mins to complete 30 questions.   Answer Question

Trainee Market Analyst Interview

There was a written test and after that 2-3 interview rounds. The written test consisted of two sections. Most questions were simple calculation based. The first interview was behavioural and easy. Other one was technical and involved puzzles and questions like " what is the area of this room?"

Interview Questions
    • what is the total of your phone number's digits?
      random questions like 4567 multiplied by 345.. and u have to calculate it without using paper pen or calculator.

Answer Question

Derivative Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Futures First info services pvt.

on-campus recruitment in college. a 25 min test was conducted in the college which had 2 sections. section A had 30 aptitude questions and was given 20 mins and section B was general mathematics 30 ques and the time was 5 mins. out of 750 odd students 43 were shortlisted and were called for an interview in the gurgaon office.
    the interviews conducted were all stress interviews where they try to build a lot of pressure on you and check how you react in such crunch situations. i had 3 rounds of interview, first with the head HR, second with the manager of trades and the final with the VP of the company. all the interviews went on for about 45-60 mins and was a very nice experience. the interviews can be on any topic ranging fro the current affairs to stocks to your handwriting.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult or recurring questions was that why am i not planning to do MBA as my skill set is highly suitable for that kind of thing.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

The hiring process was through an on-campus recruitment program. After clearing the Aptitude rounds, around 25 of us were called to their office for an entire day of interviews.

The first round was a Group Activity, which was basically a test of team work, negotiation ability and decision making. 10 people were removed after this round.

Next, there were 3 rounds of interviews to go through, with most of the questions being HR oriented. We were asked questions like, "What is the area of the room we are in?" or "How many traders are currently trading on this floor", and a few logical questions as well, they were looking more for the approach, ability to be calm under pressure and confidence in oneself, than for the right answer.

The interview process was quite good, and in the end, the reason they gave me for not taking me was that I did not seem passionate enough for the job. They wanted someone with the hunger and zeal for trading and they could not see it in me.

All in all, it was a learning experience and being my first interview ever, it was all the more enriching for me.

Interview Questions
    • Seeing the extremely volatile nature of the market, how can we be sure that you can benefit the firm and not make it incur losses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Futures First info services pvt in September 2014.

First a test was conducted,and the no. of questions were much larger as compared to time allotted.So u need to be good in mathematics and resoning.
    After this interview was held in Gurgaon and it was mainly stress interview.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Futures First info services pvt in August 2014.

Futures First visited our campus on August 1, 2014.

For the hiring process there was a written (MCQ) exam that had:
    1:- 15 Calculation related questions (4 minutes) - mostly easy calculations
    2:- 25 Logical Questions (20 mins)
    3:- 25 Maths Calculation Questions (5 mins) - tougher calculations than 1st part, like 29.685 + 48.528 or 27.562 - 31.758 or 14.8 * 5.

Yes, 29 minute test. If you are still writing in the 30th minute, your paper is cancelled. And yes, they did cancel some papers.
    Main issue was the time. If you are quick in calculations you will get selected. There were also cutoffs for each section.

Then there were 2 interview rounds in their Gurgaon office.
    They gave us a form with some questions related to us and our character like
    -- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    -- What do you want to tell us which is not present in your resume?
    -- Give an example of your quantitative skills?
    -- What does a trader do?
    -- What skills do you have that would be valuable for this job?

The interviews were non-technical. Mainly were math puzzles, questions on approximations and HR questions.
    Like:
    -- Number of squares in a chess board (answer in 30 secs).
    -- Number of triangles or squares (in a given figure) (some 30sec - 1 min).
    -- What would be the area of the room you are sitting in?
    -- Why do you want to join this company?
    -- Some age related question, if this is 1930 and a person's age (who has died) is 1/29 of something something (sorry don't remember). What will be his/her age in 1900 ? (answer in 1 min)

Interview Questions
    • From my answers the interviewer found that I was not interested (or leave in short time) in tedious and monotonous work. So, he asked me why do I want to do a job as a trader where I have to just look and analyse numbers sitting in front of the computer screen for the whole day, 5 days a week?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

They conduct a very short and intense written test. 60 questions in 30 minutes. The interview is very intense and serious. Girls are often not selected. They asked to remember a 16 digit number for 90 minutes, You require very good mathematical skills to crack this one. Not for the light hearted!