Futurestep

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Futurestep.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews. The inital phone screen, a second LONG interview and then a final interview. The recruiter failed to disclose that the onsite interviews (#2 and #3) would be in excess of 2 1/2 hours. I ended up not returning back to work and using some vacation time because I was at the interview for 3 hours...not including travel time.

Interview Question – All of the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They informed me that the salary offered was non-negotiable for the position for which I interviewed.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Houston, TX

I interviewed at Futurestep in February 2013.

Interview Details – My overall interview process was extremely informative and well coordinated. I was able to ask as many questions as possible as a means to be clear that I wanted to make the step to the company. The hiring process was seamless! I literally received all of my information (via overnight mail) to ensure that I was expeditiously uploaded into the company profile on day 1 of hire.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, but still hard to answer, "what are your weaknesses"?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Futurestep in August 2012.

Interview Details – I'm a senior recruiter, they didn't bother interviewing me. Interviewer had less experience that I did.

Interview Question – They didn't have any questions relative to the work I do, it was more like a friendly conversation, not an interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Futurestep.

Interview Details – Loooong. Except to go through a multi-step interview process in which multiple people will (separately) ask you very similar questions but expect different answers.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult or unusual. Just repetitive.   Answer Question

Research Associate I Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Futurestep in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through Indeed.com and got called 3 days later to set up an initial phone interview. We decided on that Friday morning at 10 and I waited until 12 before I left the recruiter (who would also be the manager over this particular position) a message asking her politely if we were still on for the interview. She called back half an hour later and apologized, saying she got called into a last minute meeting and forgot to let me know. She asked if she could get her paperwork sorted out from the meeting and call me back at 3 because she had some other interviews scheduled in between. I said absolutely, whatever works best for you.

She called me back at 3:20 and asked me some general questions until about 4. In return I also asked some questions about the position and she wasn't sure of the answer so she said she would talk to her team and let me know 1) the answer and 2) if I move forward to the next round by 5pm. I said that sounds great but at this point had little expectation that she'd call back. She didn't. I left her a message next Tuesday morning asking if she had managed to find out the information. She called me back that Friday morning and said they had already hired someone else based on experience but would keep me in mind for similar positions. She also thought I had talked to her own boss who would make the final hiring decision, but I hadn't, so at this point it was clear there was also some lack of communication in their team.

Interview Question – What was a time when you were the first person on your team to step up and go above and beyond?   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Futurestep.

Interview Details – Interview process was good and detailed. Hiring decision process was highly mismanaged. Employer was confused at the offer made. No proper answers were given during offer negotiation.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was low and the management was not sure of the offer that was extended.

Recruitment Sourcer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Futurestep.

Interview Details – Very positive. Was contacted after submitting information to a recruiting job website. Did a phone screen, and was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview was very detailed. The questions were challenging, but I did not feel like I was under fire. After the interview they did a thorough background check and reference surveys were sent to my references.

Interview Question – Say you have exhausted every option you have to find a candidate, what are some next steps that you would take?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – .

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Futurestep in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very good interview process, was able to speak with many members of the management team

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Futurestep in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied this job online and around a week later, the HR gave me a call and arranged the 1 to 1 interview in office. The process lasted for 2 hours, mainly focus on my work experience, career plan and skills. It is not difficult and the HR is very nice.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Futurestep.

Interview Details – Applied for job
Phone screened
Face to face interview with HR and Hiring Manager
Second interview with Hiring Manager
Offer

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time when you had to develop a sourcing strategy for a role from scratch?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Futurestep? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Futurestep interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Futurestep employees and interview candidates.