Futurestep

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Futurestep.

incredibly long and disorganized process. appear to have a difficult time making a decision. interviewed with multiple people, had to come back several times as interviewers were not available within the same period of time. at the end of the process right at the time of the offer hiring was frozen due to bad financials.recruiter was asking to provide contact info for references and background check after the first interview and was very surprised when had to decline as wanted to go through the interviews and then decide whether it was the right opportunity.

Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Futurestep.

Did not apply online. Went to a job fair and was given an interview with someone who just started with the company. The interview process was not explained and I felt like the person who spoke to me didn't really know why they were interviewing me. They also had no idea what I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were out of the ordinary. But nearly every interview asked the same questions.   Answer Question

They told me they'd like to hire me but never made an official offer. So to be honest I wasn't really sure if there was an offer.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Futurestep.

There were 3 interviews. The inital phone screen, a second LONG interview and then a final interview. The recruiter failed to disclose that the onsite interviews (#2 and #3) would be in excess of 2 1/2 hours. I ended up not returning back to work and using some vacation time because I was at the interview for 3 hours...not including travel time.

Interview Questions
    They informed me that the salary offered was non-negotiable for the position for which I interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Futurestep.

Loooong. Except to go through a multi-step interview process in which multiple people will (separately) ask you very similar questions but expect different answers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult or unusual. Just repetitive.   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Futurestep.

Interview process was good and detailed. Hiring decision process was highly mismanaged. Employer was confused at the offer made. No proper answers were given during offer negotiation.

Interview Questions

The offer was low and the management was not sure of the offer that was extended.

Research Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Futurestep in September 2013.

I applied through Indeed.com and got called 3 days later to set up an initial phone interview. We decided on that Friday morning at 10 and I waited until 12 before I left the recruiter (who would also be the manager over this particular position) a message asking her politely if we were still on for the interview. She called back half an hour later and apologized, saying she got called into a last minute meeting and forgot to let me know. She asked if she could get her paperwork sorted out from the meeting and call me back at 3 because she had some other interviews scheduled in between. I said absolutely, whatever works best for you.

She called me back at 3:20 and asked me some general questions until about 4. In return I also asked some questions about the position and she wasn't sure of the answer so she said she would talk to her team and let me know 1) the answer and 2) if I move forward to the next round by 5pm. I said that sounds great but at this point had little expectation that she'd call back. She didn't. I left her a message next Tuesday morning asking if she had managed to find out the information. She called me back that Friday morning and said they had already hired someone else based on experience but would keep me in mind for similar positions. She also thought I had talked to her own boss who would make the final hiring decision, but I hadn't, so at this point it was clear there was also some lack of communication in their team.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you were the first person on your team to step up and go above and beyond?   Answer Question

Recruitment Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Futurestep.

Very positive. Was contacted after submitting information to a recruiting job website. Did a phone screen, and was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview was very detailed. The questions were challenging, but I did not feel like I was under fire. After the interview they did a thorough background check and reference surveys were sent to my references.

Interview Questions
    • Say you have exhausted every option you have to find a candidate, what are some next steps that you would take?   View Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Futurestep in February 2013.

My overall interview process was extremely informative and well coordinated. I was able to ask as many questions as possible as a means to be clear that I wanted to make the step to the company. The hiring process was seamless! I literally received all of my information (via overnight mail) to ensure that I was expeditiously uploaded into the company profile on day 1 of hire.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, but still hard to answer, "what are your weaknesses"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Futurestep in August 2012.

I'm a senior recruiter, they didn't bother interviewing me. Interviewer had less experience that I did.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any questions relative to the work I do, it was more like a friendly conversation, not an interview.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Futurestep in February 2010.

Very good interview process, was able to speak with many members of the management team