Fuze

Updated Sep 24, 2014

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuze in June 2014.

a few interviews in person with engineering leaders. CEO did not know what to ask but questioned my commitment to his culture. Was trying to figure out my age and asked me twice about my age. That was a turn-off.

Interview Questions
    • when asked my age and when it was suggested that younger engineers are the most creative, I lost interest in the job and the company   View Answer

It was not a company that I could feel good about

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fuze in October 2013.

A recruiter reached out to me with an opportunity to interview. We talked a little bit about my goals and interests. Afterward I spoke with my current supervisor about the company and its goals. During this first in person interview I was asked to talk about my previous work, views on User Experience Design and what apps I considered "good design." Next I completed a design challenge and then had another in person interview to go over my design process with the design team. In the final interview, I had a QA session with the CEO.

The process was fair. Nothing surprising. But at the time I think the team was developing their hiring process, so I did feel like some of the questions were redundant. I guess that goes back to "how you say things" is more important than "what you say."

Interview Questions
    • After completing my design challenge I thought the conversation would revolve around that. Instead the team asked me to go over an older project. I've been involved in later hires and this hasn't happened again.   Answer Question
    Here's what we're offering you...I accept.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fuze in January 2013.

very good interview process. Lots of questions, good engineering talent at the company

it took 2 days

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuze in September 2012.

I loved everyone I met with, but the interview went a lot longer than I had hoped. However, I can't complain because I met the CEO, all the other executives, and individual contributors. It's clear the people were smart, but they didn't know how to run an effective interview process. It was pretty disjointed. That has changed since then because they have a real recruiting team now. The questions were pretty standard for a Recruiter interview, and they wanted to get a feel for how I've worked with managers in the past and what sort of best practices I would bring.

Interview Questions
    • None stood out. It was a pretty standard Recruiter interview. The part that I appreciated was that they were thorough in evaluating me. A lot of other companies I interviewed with didn't spend nearly as much time with me.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fuze in June 2012.

I had one comprehensive first round. Second round seemed to a "close" as they walked me around and introduced me to staff. After an extremely inappropriate interview with the CEO, no offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • CEO mentioned the age of a female executive and was attempting to get my age.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fuze in May 2012.

very difficult company to get selected to join. They hire only "A" players. They only want the best and they hold people accountable. I love it because it's a team of people who have drive and who make things happen. You have to get through at least 7 managers to get accepted. any one manager can vote no and then you don't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you should be hired at Fuze and what was the greatest mistake you've ever made?   View Answer
    it was not tough. because they know talent and they also know that there is a bunch of weak talent out there, I was quickly viewed as a talented person.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fuze in March 2012.

Interview was scheduled by my recruiter. My first interview was with the VP Sales in person at their office. She also had me interview with the Director of Inside Sales that same day. The VP Sales works very closely with and I would say has a mentor/adviser type of relationship with the Director of Inside Sales. You want to be on both of their good sides. They work very closely together. I had another phone conversation with the VP Sales to dig a little deeper into my past experience and more strategy discussion. The next step was an interview with the CEO (VP of Sales is married to the CEO). This is not something that was disclosed until I accepted the position but I feel is something they should tell you in advance. The CEO interview was making sure you understand the vision of the company and his expectations of you. Basically he meets with you and then gives the final yes or no to the VP of Sales before she makes an offer. I received an offer letter via email from the VP of Sales. I received it on a Friday and was given until close of business the following Monday to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your account strategy approach?   View Answer
    I did have a couple of questions and she did not answer my calls or respond to my emails in a timely matter that day so I accepted the offer as-is. I would encourage you to be diligent and even if she is not responding I would wait until she acknowledges you have questions before accepting an offer.

Mac Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fuze in January 2012.

The position was for an iOS and OSX software engineer. Had phone interview and was invited for an onsite. I talked to a developer and the director of engineering together. Interview was not particularly hard some Mac and iOS questions. I heard from the company a week later that they were still deciding, then never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • What are the advantages and disadvantages of using delegation vs notifications?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fuze in January 2011.

good process. the company has staff recruiters who are very helpful. Mgmt is strong and passionate about the company and product

Interview Questions
    • what was the biggest mistake you've ever made?   View Answer
    simple and straightforward

Technical Lead/Senior Role Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fuze in August 2012.

Phone interview with CTO.