Fuze Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

3.2

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fuze.

Interview

Got call through a consultant, 1st round was with manager of ops team. He explained about the role and asked my experience, few questions. Second round was with 2 devops guys (thats what the HR told me). I had no experience with networking & mentioned at the beginning itself but he asked 90% from networking itself. Worst interview. Just 1 guy was asking all the questions, the other guy just sat and listened. Their attitude was to find fault, never asked anything in the area of my expertise (which is relevant to the requirements).

Interview Questions

• What is subnet, subnet masks? write code in Bash for reverse a string, How to build AMI from scratch (he was expecting some scripting which I still dnt know who does in DevOps cloud environment), how to create networking in building ESXi, FT and HA? Explain default gateway mechanism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fuze (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter. He set me one with the company. Had one interview over their product Fuze (video conferencing software). Had to install product before interview - very nice product : installed on laptop & tablet. Interview with Sr. Director of Engineering. He introduced himself and his experience so did I. It was highly technical but friendly style. A lot of questions on different areas: C/C++, Audio/Video/ VoIP

Interview Questions

• Describe how audio/ video is encoded in SIP protocol? What is MOS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

a few interviews in person with engineering leaders. CEO did not know what to ask but questioned my commitment to his culture. Was trying to figure out my age and asked me twice about my age. That was a turn-off.

Interview Questions

• when asked my age and when it was suggested that younger engineers are the most creative, I lost interest in the job and the company   1 Answer

It was not a company that I could feel good about

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with an opportunity to interview. We talked a little bit about my goals and interests. Afterward I spoke with my current supervisor about the company and its goals. During this first in person interview I was asked to talk about my previous work, views on User Experience Design and what apps I considered "good design." Next I completed a design challenge and then had another in person interview to go over my design process with the design team. In the final interview, I had a QA session with the CEO. The process was fair. Nothing surprising. But at the time I think the team was developing their hiring process, so I did feel like some of the questions were redundant. I guess that goes back to "how you say things" is more important than "what you say."

Interview Questions

• After completing my design challenge I thought the conversation would revolve around that. Instead the team asked me to go over an older project. I've been involved in later hires and this hasn't happened again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Here's what we're offering you...I accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

very good interview process. Lots of questions, good engineering talent at the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it took 2 days

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I loved everyone I met with, but the interview went a lot longer than I had hoped. However, I can't complain because I met the CEO, all the other executives, and individual contributors. It's clear the people were smart, but they didn't know how to run an effective interview process. It was pretty disjointed. That has changed since then because they have a real recruiting team now. The questions were pretty standard for a Recruiter interview, and they wanted to get a feel for how I've worked with managers in the past and what sort of best practices I would bring.

Interview Questions

• None stood out. It was a pretty standard Recruiter interview. The part that I appreciated was that they were thorough in evaluating me. A lot of other companies I interviewed with didn't spend nearly as much time with me.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had one comprehensive first round. Second round seemed to a "close" as they walked me around and introduced me to staff. After an extremely inappropriate interview with the CEO, no offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• CEO mentioned the age of a female executive and was attempting to get my age.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

very difficult company to get selected to join. They hire only "A" players. They only want the best and they hold people accountable. I love it because it's a team of people who have drive and who make things happen. You have to get through at least 7 managers to get accepted. any one manager can vote no and then you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be hired at Fuze and what was the greatest mistake you've ever made?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was not tough. because they know talent and they also know that there is a bunch of weak talent out there, I was quickly viewed as a talented person.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was scheduled by my recruiter. My first interview was with the VP Sales in person at their office. She also had me interview with the Director of Inside Sales that same day. The VP Sales works very closely with and I would say has a mentor/adviser type of relationship with the Director of Inside Sales. You want to be on both of their good sides. They work very closely together. I had another phone conversation with the VP Sales to dig a little deeper into my past experience and more strategy discussion. The next step was an interview with the CEO (VP of Sales is married to the CEO). This is not something that was disclosed until I accepted the position but I feel is something they should tell you in advance. The CEO interview was making sure you understand the vision of the company and his expectations of you. Basically he meets with you and then gives the final yes or no to the VP of Sales before she makes an offer. I received an offer letter via email from the VP of Sales. I received it on a Friday and was given until close of business the following Monday to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe your account strategy approach?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did have a couple of questions and she did not answer my calls or respond to my emails in a timely matter that day so I accepted the offer as-is. I would encourage you to be diligent and even if she is not responding I would wait until she acknowledges you have questions before accepting an offer.

Mac Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The position was for an iOS and OSX software engineer. Had phone interview and was invited for an onsite. I talked to a developer and the director of engineering together. Interview was not particularly hard some Mac and iOS questions. I heard from the company a week later that they were still deciding, then never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages and disadvantages of using delegation vs notifications?   Answer Question