G Adventures Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.3

Tour Leader (CEO) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at G Adventures.

I'd previously been working as a Tour Leader for Intrepid Travel, so had a chat with the local management and sent some emails off to people in the Bangkok Office. They hired without an interview or any other procedure.

There was none, they just asked how soon I could start as they had trips to run and no Tour Leaders.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G Adventures in September 2014.

First did an online interview, followed by in person interview, and finally "G Factor" interview. All in 2 weeks time. G Factor interview is used to get a feel of personality to see if you fit in with the culture of the company. You spin a wheel with strange questions and have to answer them. First 1 on 1 interview was basic skills & behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, but G Factor interview is filled with unusual questions that make no sense such as "how would you describe your 2 years in adult film industry" you need to have an easy going personality and not be uncomfortable with odd questions like these.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at G Adventures.

Hiring process is a long and dragged out. Mine started with a online interview followed by a in person. The last interview stage is a interrogation of bizarre questions one can only find on a game show by three current employees.

Interview Questions
    • What would your favourite shoes tell you about yourself ?   Answer Question

Compensation versus the hours expected were not realistic

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G Adventures.

Recruited from a headhunter. Did a phone screen. Was "prepped" on company. However what CEO's vision is not in line with the Director of sales vision.Then was passed on to Director of Sales. Interview done via Skype. Heard mostly what the guy wanted for 30 minutes. Did not get a chance to showcase what I could contribute.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt one. Was shocked at the lack of questions.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at G Adventures in August 2010.

The interview took place over the phone, they called and gave a brief introduction, and then stated that as a part of the process they wanted to conduct a skills test to understand what my knowledge was about world geography. The test consisted of about 15 -20 questions that were wide ranging and not common knowledge unless one spent a lot of time reading travel brochures and magazines. After that we conducted a regular interview with questions about myself, experience and demands of the job.

Chief Experience Officer (At the Time, Tour Leader) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at G Adventures in October 2008.

I learned of the position through a friend who had previously worked for G, when they were Gap Adventures. I submitted the application in August and had an interview via Skype in late October. The interview was friendly, and asked general questions about my past experiences and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Situational question - What would you do if you left with your group on a bus, and left a passenger behind by accident?   Answer Question
    The salary is fixed for all candidates, and the airfare is reimbursed when the contract is completed (start date in 2009). Start date was negotiable, although I believe they gave me a preferred start date, which I was able to meet.