G Adventures

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chief Experience Officer (At the Time, Tour Leader) Interview

Chief Experience Officer (At the Time, Tour Leader)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at G Adventures in October 2008.

Interview Details – I learned of the position through a friend who had previously worked for G, when they were Gap Adventures. I submitted the application in August and had an interview via Skype in late October. The interview was friendly, and asked general questions about my past experiences and skills.

Interview Question – Situational question - What would you do if you left with your group on a bus, and left a passenger behind by accident?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is fixed for all candidates, and the airfare is reimbursed when the contract is completed (start date in 2009). Start date was negotiable, although I believe they gave me a preferred start date, which I was able to meet.

Travel Consultant Interview

Travel Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview Details – Hiring process is a long and dragged out. Mine started with a online interview followed by a in person. The last interview stage is a interrogation of bizarre questions one can only find on a game show by three current employees.

Interview Question – What would your favourite shoes tell you about yourself ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation versus the hours expected were not realistic

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview Details – Recruited from a headhunter. Did a phone screen. Was "prepped" on company. However what CEO's vision is not in line with the Director of sales vision.Then was passed on to Director of Sales. Interview done via Skype. Heard mostly what the guy wanted for 30 minutes. Did not get a chance to showcase what I could contribute.

Interview Question – There wasnt one. Was shocked at the lack of questions.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at G Adventures in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took place over the phone, they called and gave a brief introduction, and then stated that as a part of the process they wanted to conduct a skills test to understand what my knowledge was about world geography. The test consisted of about 15 -20 questions that were wide ranging and not common knowledge unless one spent a lot of time reading travel brochures and magazines. After that we conducted a regular interview with questions about myself, experience and demands of the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for G Adventures? Contribute to the Community!