G Research Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G Research in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, who told me that the hiring process involves 3 stages. The first one is a 90 min written test. You need to pass it to go further. I didn't. It took 2 months to arrange the interview. You need a lot of preparation for the test.

Interview Questions

• It was a 90 min written test (7 questions). They leave you in a meeting room alone and you cannot use textbooks or any auxiliary material. The questions cover basic topics, but they can become very difficult if you are not well prepared (in my case, I didn't refresh statistics and I didn't study portfolio management). You don't have too much time to think the answers (it is either you know or not). I highly recommend to prepare very well the test. Questions about mathematics, statistics, probability, portfolio management, programing, and regressions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency and the entire process took about 2 weeks. I've been asked to fly to London (no expense refund) to have the interview. First of all, I've been asked to leave all my belongings in a locker and then I signed an NDA, so I'm afraid I cannot disclose the questions I've been asked. I had a technical test and after that, since I passed, three face to face interviews with three different members of the team: a junior, a recently promoted senior and the manager of the team. I heard about the results two days after the interview: my technical skills were a good match, however the manager doesn't think I'm a good fit for the team. Overall it was a pleasant experience, everybody is very kind. I'd recommend applying for a role at G Research: very interesting company and great location

Quant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G Research.

Interview

Fist a written test, then a couple on-site technical/skills interviews. Final round of interviews with management. I had a positive experience with the technical interviews. I was treated well and the interviewers are quite capable.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

They didn't seem to bothered about taking their time to interview you, i was told the interviews i was waiting for were busy and would have to wait till they were free, the whole interview process took around 2 hours because of this

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter set up an interview in their offices. There was no phone screening involved. I went directly to their offices. The staff was extremely nice. They told me straight away that i did not pass the test.

Interview Questions

• I had to sign a non disclosure agreement so I am afraid I cannot reveal much. They require specific programming languages.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, then I was invited for an on-site interview comprising a preliminary written test. Given the fact that I can't reveal specific questions, I will give you a generic - yet useful in my opinion - piece of advice: do your homework very well, review fundamental Computer Science topics, and be prepared to provide the solution in a short time and with reasonable accuracy. Don't get stuck, keep making progress towards the solution, stay cold and focussed. I got rejected after passing the written test because I panicked under pressure during the subsequent interviews.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come into the office to do a written test. The test involved some relatively easy programming problems and some knowledge questions. I was ensured it was mainly the coding questions that mattered. The test wasn't that hard, and with some practice of standard algorithms the coding questions can be answered well. The knowledge questions felt very out of place and not very effective in weeding out good candidates. After waiting for quite a long time, I got feedback: "your results are borderline so we've decided not to continue". I asked for some further feedback, but this got awkwardly ignored. I have a good memory so I decided to reconstruct most my answers at home, and most worked out of the box save a few syntactical errors. You would think they would at least talk to you for a short time if you were supposedly borderline, particularly having to travel on-site to take this test. I am not sure what the evaluation criteria are, but given the lack of feedback I found this a very frustrating experience. I would not recommend interviewing with them, there is a very high chance (as I have now heard from other recruiters as well) it is a big waste of time...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G Research.

Interview

I applied to G-Research via a recruitment agency. The first step was to take a written, 90-minute test. I don't live near London, so they booked a room in my city where the test was administered. Some of the questions were actually vey tough. The test covered topics in stats, probability, programming and some finance.

Interview Questions

• I can't divulge specific questions, but a solid understanding of the topics mentioned above would be a good preparation for a candidate.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a technical test first. This went through basic development skills that one should be able to handle with a few year's development experience. The test was assessed and if you're successful, an interview happens within about half an hour. The interview was technical and went through most of the answers I wrote down and simply dived a little further to make sure you knew your stuff.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G Research (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 5 interviews: Phone, technical, face to face, technical again and face to face. really long process. The interviews were not really complicated, just technical questions about general IT, questions about background. However the last interview was useless, just someone were asking me for the same questions. After 1 month still haven't got an answer even negative.