G&K Services Interview Questions

2.5

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at G&K Services.

3 Part Interview

Salary negotiation

Route Relief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services.

Got an interview through a friend, was quickly scheduled, interview was very basic. Several standard corporate questions, "why the uniform industry?", "tell me about a time where you failed to meet your own expectations" etc. Was scheduled for the second interview with the GM within a week, same sort of deal, very nice guy. Several of the same corporate questions, some small talk.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your qualities that might not have come up in this interview yet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in November 2013.

Applied through a job posting on LinkedIn for the territory sales rep position, but after talking to a recruiter, we both decided I'd probably be a better fit for the route sales rep position. Went in for a face to face interview about a week later which went great. The manager genuinely seemed interested in getting to know the person rather than asking those totally ridiculously questions like, where do you see yourself in 5 years and all that nonsense. The next week I went for a ride along for about 4 hours to see what I'd actually be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but I was asked why G&K. Just make sure you do a bit of research on the company.   Answer Question

Position definitely seemed more service than sales related. Would also get monotonous after a while. Plus I did not want to work 10-12 hour days for $36k a year.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G&K Services.

Interview is simple. Have a clean DMV background and be able to pass the DOT physical and drug test

It was a lie. Starting off at salaried 'non-exempt' means you'll never see a dime of overtime, but can expect to put in 50+ hours a week

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

You used to be able to submit an application online or at location, but now it's online only. After subbmiting an app the HR rep might give it to management who will decide whether or not to interview. After the interview they may hire you.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any. They offered me a job I took it.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G&K Services in November 2012.

Applied for a general labor position online and got a call back about 1 week later. The HR lady interviewed me over the phone and scheduled an interview for the following day with the stock room manager. I got a call back the next morning and was scheduled for a drug test and simple physical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a problem with a co-worker. How did you handle it?

If another employee were to ask you to do something you know is wrong, but it would make the task easier, how would you handle this situation.
        View Answer

Received another job offer around the same time that paid better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, VT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at G&K Services in July 2012.

There were two interviews. The first with the Route Manager and the second with the Regional Manager and the Route Manager. They were both great guys and made it easy for me to communicate my concerns and they asked questions in a respectable manner. They showed a real interest in me as a person and sought to find out what I could offer the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would typically deal with a upset customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They made me an offer that was better than I expected and I took it.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at G&K Services in May 2012.

Brought on-board from another company

Was given a Job Offer and a wage agreement... Both are not being honored.

Trust no one here or anything they say without having it in writing or recorded some how

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at G&K Services in February 2012.

The HR is very nice. She asked some questions about my present work, what is my responsibility. Roughly go through my resume. And She asked me what is the suggestions to their present website, and I talked about two points. She was very satisfied. I got the on site interview after 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at G&K Services in September 2011.

Got a call and answered some general questions also spoke about my resume. Went for an interview on a sat. morning and was just the two of us at the office . 30 minutes later another guy showed up for a interview. the manager was cool and wearing shorts and flip flops so I didn"t feel underdressed ( Khaki pants ,polo shirt tucked in with brown dress shoes and brown leather belt ).The interview was really laid back and not uncomfortable at all. Seemed as if I was gonna get the job and was told I would get a call either way to let me know. I waited a week and called the HR lady I first spoke with and was informed that they were still trying to make a decision, another week another call with same response then repeated again . The forth week i left a mess. but never got a call back and once again the next week. I gave up after that.