G&K Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.7

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Phone interview first to talk through resume and why I was searching for a job. Strength & weaknesses. In person interview with 3 people, very casual. Asked me to talk through my resume and why I wanted to work there. Followed up and was told they were still interviewing people and never heard back.

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

I received a call from the headquarters section for a phone interview. Following this, I was moved to a second, in person interview with the plant manager. I was taken on a tour of the facility which they used to gauge my interest in the position further. More questions were asked after the tour. I was notified of a third interview with the general manager in person.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my previous experience and how it can relate to being a production supervisor. Additional questions for which you must be prepared are; why should I hire you? How do you feel you'd perform in a high-stress high-paced environment? Why are you here? What are your goals/aspirations?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

First got an interview phone call and it was pretty basic, they go through your resume and ask you about your background....... After that they called for an actual interview with the sales manager and was also easy and basic.

Interview Questions

• There was no hard questions all basic sales questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G&K Services (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, was more like a conversation rather than an interview. As soon as I walked in, I was immediately greeted with enthusiasm. The interviewer was a middle-aged gentleman who was very easy going.

Assistant to Route Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Hickory, NC).

Interview

HR called me and briefly asked me questions about my resume. Then like a week later I received a call from the Sales Manager to setup a face to face interview. After those three days later the Sales Manager emailed me to set up a time to ride with one of the route drivers. Beware they had me work all day with no pay. Finally, they offer me $12.00 an hour to work for them which was hard to shallow given that I have been a Route Driver for 8 years at another company. If you don't have experience in sales or work experience at a uniform company they will start you out at $12.00 hour and you will be an Assistant to Route Delivery to the Route Driver.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and sent a direct message to the recruiter. An hour later I received a response and scheduled a phone interview for later that day. Went on to do a face to face with the district sales manager. Then scheduled and did a face to face with the sales manager and a ride along. Final step was a phone interview with the regional sales director. Receieved a call the next day that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate base but they stick to thier guns.

Make sure sales is what you want to do and be sure you can see yourself making a long term career move. They invest a lot in the hiring process to get the right people.

Territory Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Runnemede, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at G&K Services (Runnemede, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR
    in person interview with district sales manager
    Phone interview with director of sales

The process was smooth and the recruiter was very helpful and set great expectations on timing and response. Standard, fair, and low stress process

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had an unhappy customer despite you doing all the right things and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair, I was given what i requested

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in March 2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Albany, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter-> HR -> District Sales Manager -> Regional Sales Manager -> then back to DSM for questions and conversations ranging from 10-60 minutes in length. The majority of the questions were basic interview questions catered towards the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with dirty laundry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G&K Services (Bensenville, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR after that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager then a face to face with the Sales Manager a face to face with the General Manager and then a half a day ride along with a Sales Representative