G&K Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in March 2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G&K Services (Bensenville, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR after that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager then a face to face with the Sales Manager a face to face with the General Manager and then a half a day ride along with a Sales Representative

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G&K Services (Rockford, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter. she told me to research the company and get back to her. seems pretty easy going and straight forward. Seems like a very straight forward company with good pay and possibility to move within. She just asked normal questions that any interviewer would ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

further negotiation

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G&K Services (Mebane, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Long process and after the fourth interview and flying me out to Minnesota I did not get the job and never had any feedback why I did not get it?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

3 Part Interview

Negotiation

Salary negotiation

Route Relief Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Got an interview through a friend, was quickly scheduled, interview was very basic. Several standard corporate questions, "why the uniform industry?", "tell me about a time where you failed to meet your own expectations" etc. Was scheduled for the second interview with the GM within a week, same sort of deal, very nice guy. Several of the same corporate questions, some small talk.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your qualities that might not have come up in this interview yet?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through a job posting on LinkedIn for the territory sales rep position, but after talking to a recruiter, we both decided I'd probably be a better fit for the route sales rep position. Went in for a face to face interview about a week later which went great. The manager genuinely seemed interested in getting to know the person rather than asking those totally ridiculously questions like, where do you see yourself in 5 years and all that nonsense. The next week I went for a ride along for about 4 hours to see what I'd actually be doing.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but I was asked why G&K. Just make sure you do a bit of research on the company.   Answer Question

Position definitely seemed more service than sales related. Would also get monotonous after a while. Plus I did not want to work 10-12 hour days for $36k a year.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G&K Services (Coppell, TX).

Interview

Interview is simple. Have a clean DMV background and be able to pass the DOT physical and drug test

Negotiation

It was a lie. Starting off at salaried 'non-exempt' means you'll never see a dime of overtime, but can expect to put in 50+ hours a week

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Mobile, AL).

Interview

You used to be able to submit an application online or at location, but now it's online only. After subbmiting an app the HR rep might give it to management who will decide whether or not to interview. After the interview they may hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any. They offered me a job I took it.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G&K Services (Pleasant Hill, IA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied for a general labor position online and got a call back about 1 week later. The HR lady interviewed me over the phone and scheduled an interview for the following day with the stock room manager. I got a call back the next morning and was scheduled for a drug test and simple physical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a problem with a co-worker. How did you handle it?

If another employee were to ask you to do something you know is wrong, but it would make the task easier, how would you handle this situation.

1 Answer

Received another job offer around the same time that paid better.