G&K Services Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at G&K Services in August 2010.

Lengthy process with several interviews, but provided the opportunity to validate and confirm the company's vision and culture.

Interview Questions
    Open to some negotiations, but need to work with the hiring manager directly.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at G&K Services.

3 Part Interview

Salary negotiation

Route Relief Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services.

Got an interview through a friend, was quickly scheduled, interview was very basic. Several standard corporate questions, "why the uniform industry?", "tell me about a time where you failed to meet your own expectations" etc. Was scheduled for the second interview with the GM within a week, same sort of deal, very nice guy. Several of the same corporate questions, some small talk.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your qualities that might not have come up in this interview yet?   Answer Question

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at G&K Services in May 2012.

Brought on-board from another company

Was given a Job Offer and a wage agreement... Both are not being honored.

Trust no one here or anything they say without having it in writing or recorded some how

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in November 2013.

Applied through a job posting on LinkedIn for the territory sales rep position, but after talking to a recruiter, we both decided I'd probably be a better fit for the route sales rep position. Went in for a face to face interview about a week later which went great. The manager genuinely seemed interested in getting to know the person rather than asking those totally ridiculously questions like, where do you see yourself in 5 years and all that nonsense. The next week I went for a ride along for about 4 hours to see what I'd actually be doing.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but I was asked why G&K. Just make sure you do a bit of research on the company.   Answer Question

Position definitely seemed more service than sales related. Would also get monotonous after a while. Plus I did not want to work 10-12 hour days for $36k a year.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at G&K Services in June 2010.

I was working with a recruiter who got me the initial interview, which was over the phone with the HR rep. It was very basic and lasted maybe 15 minutes. She then had me take the basic sales personality test and an aptitude test. She passed me along to the Sales Manager who interviewed me a couple of days after the first interview. The second interview lasted about an hour. It started with very common interview questions which the manager told me were required by corporate for every candidate. The manager sailed through these then asked some of her own questions which were more job relevant, but not extremely difficult. The entire interview lasted about an hour including chit chat time towards the end after I had sort of hit it off with the manager. She scheduled me for a ridealong with one of the Sr. Sales reps for a day later that week. The ridealong was very relaxed, I had a good open conversation with the rep, and did some coldcalling (5 or 10 doors) and then it was back to the office by lunch. I then met with the General Manager which seemed like a formality. They then took me to lunch and the offer was in my hand upon return to the office. The entire process lasted about a week and I started working in less than 10 days total.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview is simple. Have a clean DMV background and be able to pass the DOT physical and drug test

It was a lie. Starting off at salaried 'non-exempt' means you'll never see a dime of overtime, but can expect to put in 50+ hours a week

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

You used to be able to submit an application online or at location, but now it's online only. After subbmiting an app the HR rep might give it to management who will decide whether or not to interview. After the interview they may hire you.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any. They offered me a job I took it.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williston, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, VT

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at G&K Services in July 2012.

There were two interviews. The first with the Route Manager and the second with the Regional Manager and the Route Manager. They were both great guys and made it easy for me to communicate my concerns and they asked questions in a respectable manner. They showed a real interest in me as a person and sought to find out what I could offer the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would typically deal with a upset customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They made me an offer that was better than I expected and I took it.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasant Hill, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at G&K Services in November 2012.

Applied for a general labor position online and got a call back about 1 week later. The HR lady interviewed me over the phone and scheduled an interview for the following day with the stock room manager. I got a call back the next morning and was scheduled for a drug test and simple physical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a problem with a co-worker. How did you handle it?

If another employee were to ask you to do something you know is wrong, but it would make the task easier, how would you handle this situation.
        View Answer

Received another job offer around the same time that paid better.

Worked for G&K Services? Contribute to the Community!