G&K Services Interview Questions

2.5

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at G&K Services in September 2011.

Got a call and answered some general questions also spoke about my resume. Went for an interview on a sat. morning and was just the two of us at the office . 30 minutes later another guy showed up for a interview. the manager was cool and wearing shorts and flip flops so I didn"t feel underdressed ( Khaki pants ,polo shirt tucked in with brown dress shoes and brown leather belt ).The interview was really laid back and not uncomfortable at all. Seemed as if I was gonna get the job and was told I would get a call either way to let me know. I waited a week and called the HR lady I first spoke with and was informed that they were still trying to make a decision, another week another call with same response then repeated again . The forth week i left a mess. but never got a call back and once again the next week. I gave up after that.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at G&K Services in August 2010.

Lengthy process with several interviews, but provided the opportunity to validate and confirm the company's vision and culture.

Interview Questions
    Open to some negotiations, but need to work with the hiring manager directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at G&K Services in June 2010.

I was working with a recruiter who got me the initial interview, which was over the phone with the HR rep. It was very basic and lasted maybe 15 minutes. She then had me take the basic sales personality test and an aptitude test. She passed me along to the Sales Manager who interviewed me a couple of days after the first interview. The second interview lasted about an hour. It started with very common interview questions which the manager told me were required by corporate for every candidate. The manager sailed through these then asked some of her own questions which were more job relevant, but not extremely difficult. The entire interview lasted about an hour including chit chat time towards the end after I had sort of hit it off with the manager. She scheduled me for a ridealong with one of the Sr. Sales reps for a day later that week. The ridealong was very relaxed, I had a good open conversation with the rep, and did some coldcalling (5 or 10 doors) and then it was back to the office by lunch. I then met with the General Manager which seemed like a formality. They then took me to lunch and the offer was in my hand upon return to the office. The entire process lasted about a week and I started working in less than 10 days total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at G&K Services in September 2008.

I posted my job on careerbuilder.com. A recruiter contacted me. She did an initial phone screen interview asked me a couple of basic questions. How I handled certain sales oriented issues. (ie...what do you do if your sales are down..) Set up second interview with District Sales Manager met him at a Chili's asked behavioral interview questions. (ie..tell me about a time that you had an issue with another employee what was the outcome?) They use Oxicon for there interview process. I had to then take a personality test. At which point I had a third interview with the Director of Sales. He described the position a little more in detail and asked a few more questions. Finally, I had an interview with the General Manager. He asked me the same types of questions. Before they made an offer I went on a ride along with one of the reps. When I got backe they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you did not agree with something your manager wanted you to do.   View Answers (2)
    I was unable to negotiate anything. $37,000 + commission which is kind of tough to obtain. Also, reps get a car allowance. He said thats all I can do. Take or leave it.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services.

several interviews, first was a phone interview HR representative and she asked most of the expected questions, very typical. Second stage was another phone interview with the director of sales, he talked a lot and It was hard to get a word in. I felt like he was basically almost trying to talk me out of the position. 3rd interview he told me was just a chance to meet him face to face and ask him any questions I might have about the role. The last interview was with the GM and the vice president of Canadian operations, it was a bit frustrating because I felt like none of the information I had given to the HR and Director had made their way to these individuals. They asked me many of the same questions any nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a bad day and nothing went your way how would you respond and why?   Answer Question
    They did not accept any negotiations

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at G&K Services in June 2013.

I arrived for my interview approximately 5 minutes early and the receptionist was on the phone. Once she was off the phone she informed me that it would be a few minutes as the Hiring Manager was running late. I ended up waiting in the small front entrance area for almost 20 minutes before I was greeted by anyone else.
    Once in the interview, I felt that the majority of the questions seemed ill-related to the types of positions I was applying for. In fact, I remembered applying for an Office Admin position but was being interviewed for a Sales position, and it seemed that they did not remember what I had applied to when I questioned them about it.
    I felt that there was a lot more talking on the end of the Hiring Manager than there was a conversation about the role and how my qualifications may or may not be a fit for them. It was very one-sided.
    I ended up leaving the interview feeling confused about what I had been interviewed for, and frustrated about how they treated me from start to finish in regards to waiting, perception of the company, and the interview questions were not relevant for someone in "entry'-level" positions like I was applying for. They were more aimed at those with Bachelor's Degrees accompanied with industry specific experience.
    Overall I was disappointed with this company's way of interviewing and I left with a sour impression of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • The first question I was asked was to detail my entire educational history starting at age 5 and work my way up through post-secondary school and to include my thought process throughout my life of why I made all decisions I made, and how that related to the position I had applied for. I had applied for an Office Admin position, and I can't honestly say that would have been in the top 5 jobs I wanted when I was a kid, nor going to post-secondary for and I did not see how this was relevant or appropriate to ask given the entry-level position I had applied for. It seemed to be more appropriate for someone with a Bachelor's degree and industry related experience for a position they were applying for (Ie. Asking someone with a Business Degree with a focus on Marketing who is applying for a Marketing position).   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at G&K Services in May 2012.

Initial direct application was rejected however I was able to secure an interview as a result of an referral through a head hunter. The initial interview went for 90 minutes with the VP HR. My impression of the company and it's values were completely aligned with my own. The next interview was with the Regional VP. Followed by a half day session with the company's industrial psychologist. From first interview to offer letter was about a week!!!

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly challenging. The most difficult part of the entire process was getting the VP to share any information.   Answer Question
    There was little direct negotiation. The salary was take it or leave it and all the other benefits were as outlined during the initial interview/job description.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at G&K Services in December 2011.

just got the news from this recruiter and attended cal in interview given by them ,got selected. Finally offer letter produced by them the final stage of interview discussed regarding the salary . Then got visa after some days and joined .

Interview Questions
    • what do you did in maintenance in your last company? what were the procedure you followed   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in January 2011.

Interview process took about 6 weeks. Very professional process. Led to believe it is a great organization to work for with opportunities for advancement.

No negotiation on salary

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in August 2010.

The process was very common, what it surprised me is than on the ride along, the rep. was prettys disatisfied with the company, and complaint about the lack of response from the company, the time that they take to solve issues and that the company doesn't deliver what is promised. Also told me that there is no way of making more 70k a year, because the commission structure is pretty bad.

In other hand, the managers that interviewed me were really nice, not so sure about the general manager that seems arrogant.

Interview Questions
    • If it was okay for me to work as territory sales representative without an assigned territory?   View Answer