G&K Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at G&K Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – The HR is very nice. She asked some questions about my present work, what is my responsibility. Roughly go through my resume. And She asked me what is the suggestions to their present website, and I talked about two points. She was very satisfied. I got the on site interview after 2 days.

Interview Questions

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at G&K Services in September 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call and answered some general questions also spoke about my resume. Went for an interview on a sat. morning and was just the two of us at the office . 30 minutes later another guy showed up for a interview. the manager was cool and wearing shorts and flip flops so I didn"t feel underdressed ( Khaki pants ,polo shirt tucked in with brown dress shoes and brown leather belt ).The interview was really laid back and not uncomfortable at all. Seemed as if I was gonna get the job and was told I would get a call either way to let me know. I waited a week and called the HR lady I first spoke with and was informed that they were still trying to make a decision, another week another call with same response then repeated again . The forth week i left a mess. but never got a call back and once again the next week. I gave up after that.

Interview Questions

Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at G&K Services in September 2008.

Interview Details – I posted my job on careerbuilder.com. A recruiter contacted me. She did an initial phone screen interview asked me a couple of basic questions. How I handled certain sales oriented issues. (ie...what do you do if your sales are down..) Set up second interview with District Sales Manager met him at a Chili's asked behavioral interview questions. (ie..tell me about a time that you had an issue with another employee what was the outcome?) They use Oxicon for there interview process. I had to then take a personality test. At which point I had a third interview with the Director of Sales. He described the position a little more in detail and asked a few more questions. Finally, I had an interview with the General Manager. He asked me the same types of questions. Before they made an offer I went on a ride along with one of the reps. When I got backe they made an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you did not agree with something your manager wanted you to do.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate anything. $37,000 + commission which is kind of tough to obtain. Also, reps get a car allowance. He said thats all I can do. Take or leave it.

Territory Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview Details – several interviews, first was a phone interview HR representative and she asked most of the expected questions, very typical. Second stage was another phone interview with the director of sales, he talked a lot and It was hard to get a word in. I felt like he was basically almost trying to talk me out of the position. 3rd interview he told me was just a chance to meet him face to face and ask him any questions I might have about the role. The last interview was with the GM and the vice president of Canadian operations, it was a bit frustrating because I felt like none of the information I had given to the HR and Director had made their way to these individuals. They asked me many of the same questions any nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – If you had a bad day and nothing went your way how would you respond and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not accept any negotiations

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at G&K Services in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial direct application was rejected however I was able to secure an interview as a result of an referral through a head hunter. The initial interview went for 90 minutes with the VP HR. My impression of the company and it's values were completely aligned with my own. The next interview was with the Regional VP. Followed by a half day session with the company's industrial psychologist. From first interview to offer letter was about a week!!!

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly challenging. The most difficult part of the entire process was getting the VP to share any information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little direct negotiation. The salary was take it or leave it and all the other benefits were as outlined during the initial interview/job description.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at G&K Services in June 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived for my interview approximately 5 minutes early and the receptionist was on the phone. Once she was off the phone she informed me that it would be a few minutes as the Hiring Manager was running late. I ended up waiting in the small front entrance area for almost 20 minutes before I was greeted by anyone else.
Once in the interview, I felt that the majority of the questions seemed ill-related to the types of positions I was applying for. In fact, I remembered applying for an Office Admin position but was being interviewed for a Sales position, and it seemed that they did not remember what I had applied to when I questioned them about it.
I felt that there was a lot more talking on the end of the Hiring Manager than there was a conversation about the role and how my qualifications may or may not be a fit for them. It was very one-sided.
I ended up leaving the interview feeling confused about what I had been interviewed for, and frustrated about how they treated me from start to finish in regards to waiting, perception of the company, and the interview questions were not relevant for someone in "entry'-level" positions like I was applying for. They were more aimed at those with Bachelor's Degrees accompanied with industry specific experience.
Overall I was disappointed with this company's way of interviewing and I left with a sour impression of the company as a whole.

Interview Question – The first question I was asked was to detail my entire educational history starting at age 5 and work my way up through post-secondary school and to include my thought process throughout my life of why I made all decisions I made, and how that related to the position I had applied for. I had applied for an Office Admin position, and I can't honestly say that would have been in the top 5 jobs I wanted when I was a kid, nor going to post-secondary for and I did not see how this was relevant or appropriate to ask given the entry-level position I had applied for. It seemed to be more appropriate for someone with a Bachelor's degree and industry related experience for a position they were applying for (Ie. Asking someone with a Business Degree with a focus on Marketing who is applying for a Marketing position).   Answer Question

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 6 weeks. Very professional process. Led to believe it is a great organization to work for with opportunities for advancement.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

Territory Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – Starter off with a phone interview. A week later had the first face to face. Went on a ride-along with another sales rep. Then was brought back in to receive an offer. Took about 3 weeks total from the first interview till the offer.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for G&K?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate. They already have your offer drafter and ready for you to sign.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at G&K Services in December 2011.

Interview Details – just got the news from this recruiter and attended cal in interview given by them ,got selected. Finally offer letter produced by them the final stage of interview discussed regarding the salary . Then got visa after some days and joined .

Interview Question – what do you did in maintenance in your last company? what were the procedure you followed   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Sales Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in August 2009.

Interview Details – face to face with 2 different managers