G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G&K Services (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, was more like a conversation rather than an interview. As soon as I walked in, I was immediately greeted with enthusiasm. The interviewer was a middle-aged gentleman who was very easy going.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and sent a direct message to the recruiter. An hour later I received a response and scheduled a phone interview for later that day. Went on to do a face to face with the district sales manager. Then scheduled and did a face to face with the sales manager and a ride along. Final step was a phone interview with the regional sales director. Receieved a call the next day that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate base but they stick to thier guns. Make sure sales is what you want to do and be sure you can see yourself making a long term career move. They invest a lot in the hiring process to get the right people.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services in March 2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Albany, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter-> HR -> District Sales Manager -> Regional Sales Manager -> then back to DSM for questions and conversations ranging from 10-60 minutes in length. The majority of the questions were basic interview questions catered towards the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with dirty laundry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G&K Services (Bensenville, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR after that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager then a face to face with the Sales Manager a face to face with the General Manager and then a half a day ride along with a Sales Representative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Graham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (Graham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Very Professional. Make sure to wear professional attire. Listen to the questions on how it relates to your selling technique. Be on time and come prepared with a professional resume and references. Also display a confident, positive and enthusiastic attitude.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you learned to benefit our company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a standard pay structure.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services in May 2014.

Interview

The first step is to apply for the opportunity, typically posted online. If you're contacted by the recruiter via email you'll schedule a time to speak. Following they will forward you to an in person interview with the District Sales Manager. The District Sales Manager will schedule a time for you to complete a ride along with a current sales representative. Following you'll have a 30-45 minute phone interview with the Regional Sales Manager. If you complete this step, you'll be scheduled for an in personal interview with the Branch Manager .

Interview Questions

• What time do you generally wake up, are you self motivated?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

3 Part Interview

Negotiation

Salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G&K Services (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

3 step process. Recruiter, Personality test, In person interview If you get past the recruiter part you should be good. They rely heavily on the screening provided by the recruiter. The actual interview is fairly easy. They don't dive into anything crazy just don't try to be something that you're not. They look for smart and coach able people. Check your ego at the door. They don't care about what company you were at before. They will train you with their own sales philosophies. I loved working there. Dallas is an extremely laid back team but very successful. Wish I still worked there.

Interview Questions

• Explain your sales process How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless your bringing clients to the table you will start at $39k. You are wasting time if you try to get more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G&K Services (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Job fair where they asked me to come in next day for in person interview. Aptitude and personality tests followed by another interview. Whole process maybe two weeks until offer made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best qualities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent, take it or leave it offer.