G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at G&K Services (Louisville, KY) in September 2008.

Interview

I posted my job on careerbuilder.com. A recruiter contacted me. She did an initial phone screen interview asked me a couple of basic questions. How I handled certain sales oriented issues. (ie...what do you do if your sales are down..) Set up second interview with District Sales Manager met him at a Chili's asked behavioral interview questions. (ie..tell me about a time that you had an issue with another employee what was the outcome?) They use Oxicon for there interview process. I had to then take a personality test. At which point I had a third interview with the Director of Sales. He described the position a little more in detail and asked a few more questions. Finally, I had an interview with the General Manager. He asked me the same types of questions. Before they made an offer I went on a ride along with one of the reps. When I got backe they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did not agree with something your manager wanted you to do.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate anything. $37,000 + commission which is kind of tough to obtain. Also, reps get a car allowance. He said thats all I can do. Take or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at G&K Services in August 2009.

Interview

I went through a phone screen, phone interview, online assessment, in-person interview, ride-along, followed by three more in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• In my experience, I have never had it work out when I hired someone from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview process took about 6 weeks. Very professional process. Led to believe it is a great organization to work for with opportunities for advancement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

3 Part Interview

Negotiation

Salary negotiation

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in March 2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G&K Services (Bensenville, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR after that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager then a face to face with the Sales Manager a face to face with the General Manager and then a half a day ride along with a Sales Representative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Albany, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter-> HR -> District Sales Manager -> Regional Sales Manager -> then back to DSM for questions and conversations ranging from 10-60 minutes in length. The majority of the questions were basic interview questions catered towards the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with dirty laundry?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and sent a direct message to the recruiter. An hour later I received a response and scheduled a phone interview for later that day. Went on to do a face to face with the district sales manager. Then scheduled and did a face to face with the sales manager and a ride along. Final step was a phone interview with the regional sales director. Receieved a call the next day that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate base but they stick to thier guns.

Make sure sales is what you want to do and be sure you can see yourself making a long term career move. They invest a lot in the hiring process to get the right people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G&K Services (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

3 step process.
    Recruiter, Personality test, In person interview
    If you get past the recruiter part you should be good. They rely heavily on the screening provided by the recruiter. The actual interview is fairly easy. They don't dive into anything crazy just don't try to be something that you're not. They look for smart and coach able people. Check your ego at the door. They don't care about what company you were at before. They will train you with their own sales philosophies. I loved working there. Dallas is an extremely laid back team but very successful. Wish I still worked there.

Interview Questions

• Explain your sales process
      How do you manage your time?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Unless your bringing clients to the table you will start at $39k. You are wasting time if you try to get more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Graham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Graham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Very Professional. Make sure to wear professional attire. Listen to the questions on how it relates to your selling technique. Be on time and come prepared with a professional resume and references. Also display a confident, positive and enthusiastic attitude.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you learned to benefit our company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a standard pay structure.