G2 Inc. Interview Questions in Annapolis Junction, MD

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.3

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

During my initial interview, I was handed a puzzle ball and asked to take it apart and put it back together in 60 seconds. When the time ended, the recruiter told me that that was just a quirky thing that they like to do during their interviews and it didn't have any real impact on the overall interview. After chatting with the recruiter for a few minutes, she left as a project manager and security engineer entered to begin the position specific portion of the interview. I was offered a position contingent on contract award which unfortunately was not. I kept in contact with a recruiter was brought back in to discuss a position on a recently awarded contract. Since I had already made it through the interview process, this was a less formal discussion where we discussed the contract and the position to see if I was interested in pursuing it further.

Interview Questions

• Disassemble this puzzle ball and reassemble it in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I was in my last semester of college and applying to many different places. I had been going through different phone interviews, when I got a call from the recruiter at G2. This didn't seem like an average phone interview. Instead of asking me to try and code or answer programming questions over the phone it was more like questions about my goals and what I wanted to do after graduation. After talking for about twenty minutes I was invited to come in for an in person interview at G2 Inc. I was very nervous and did not know what to expect. I tried looking up reviews for interviews with G2 and there didn't seem to be much out there. I studied as many common interview questions as I could. I wanted to prepare myself, but did not know how or what to review. I came in on a Friday morning and right away I felt very comfortable. The recruiter came down the hallway on a scooter and was very welcoming. The first part of the interview was a critical thinking portion which lasted an hour with the recruiter. The next half hour was a technical interview just to ask about my resume and the programming languages that I had studied in school. The last half hour was a project discussion about the company and a little about my resume to see how I would potentially fit in with the company. I went from very nervous to relaxed pretty quickly. After the two hour interview I received a small tour of the office, and was told that my interview had went well, but they had to talk to about my interview before we could go any further. I then left and received a phone call fifteen minutes later with an offer. It was an overall great experience and I am very glad I got the opportunity to interview with a great company. Everyone that I met with the company was so nice and inviting, I immediately felt like I fit in and found a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• There was a device that had been developed by someone who worked at G2, that I was asked to figure out what it did. I was told nothing about the device, and had to ask yes or no questions until I figured out what it did. I almost did not get it, but got the answer just as I was running out of time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was very quick to respond to the initial referral, emailing me back for an interview within a day or so. The interview was set up for the next week. The interview was over two hours long but very unique and forcing the me to be quick on my feet. The environment was great - it was relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable. There were activities I immediately noticed that encouraged this environment, such as a Foosball table and remote control race-cars (not to mention the interviewer greeted me by riding up with a scooter). The interview itself consisted of three stages: first was critical thinking, where I was to listen to a hypothetical scenario and solve it as best as I could; next was the technical interview, where I was asked basic questions related to Computer Science; and finally was project discussion, where I was asked the basic interview questions and discussing some resume details (this is where I learned most about the company, what they did, and what their work environment consisted of). Overall, It was a unique experience but thought it was a genuine way for myself and the company to learn about each other.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was when the interviewer gave me a hypothetical scenario, and asked me to stand up and create a detailed diagram representing how I would solve the problem. Unexpected - yes - forcing me to think on the spot and be creative - absolutely.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I asked for in my application, so there was no need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was dominated by HR, rather than working engineers. It was an entirely negative experience where the interviewer left no stone unturned to prove to the applicant that he is far too stupid and incapable to work there. Overall, the tone of the interview was a kind of masked aggression. The impression that one derives, at least from from the interview, is that the company tacitly accepts and perhaps encourages a hostile workplace atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The candidate is asked to determine the purpose of a custom hardware breadboard device by asking questions of the interviewer. You are not allowed to ask what it is or what it does.   1 Answer

Infosec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

Great building, great atmosphere from what I could see. Brand new accomodations, tons of in-office perks, and the staff is extremely friendly. Everything you need done is under one roof from management to HR. Solid. Be prepared for a long conversation between yourself and the management prior to getting to any negotiations. Also be prepared to play with a puzzle during the interview. Dont chuck it against the wall if you get frustrated, its just for fun. I encountered numerous phone calls, one in-person interview, and then an offer phase. Very friendly staff, and very easy to get through the process. The interviews do have a lot of technical bredth to them, however, so be prepared to demonstrate some mastery if you want to get further into the process.

Interview Questions

• What is an area where you have failed, and how did you eventually fix the situation or recover from the failure?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I was interview after a friend that worked at G2 found out i was already talking to an HR recruiter. G2 checked my resume and since PM had worked with me for a few year already , knew my skills. Once the customer had interviewed me and liked me. i was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• what besides work is important to you   Answer Question
    • How would you build / install a IBM blade center with ESXi with fall over and HA   Answer Question