G2 Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.4

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at G2 Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

Wow I can't say enough great things about the interview process. First off Lee Wanless is the smiling, warm, and extremely happy team member I met first and with in seconds I felt I was family. Lee didn't hide any fact that they are not looking for a warm body but rather a driven team member thats going to cut a path with the rest of G2. That set the pace in understanding G2 is on the move and will be at the forefront not a body factory IT company where your just a number and a contributor to the bottom line. I felt at G2 your just as important as anyone else and you really do make a difference.

Once in the conference room it was a three part interview Technical interview, Critical thinking (white board problem solving) and finally Project Discussion. All of the interviewers were warm not ego driven. They know they can pound you with questions that are caned but instead they tailor the interview to your resume and personality. I never felt they were trying to play stump the chump like panel interviews do, but rather bring out my personality and make me want to talk with them freely.

During the white board session I felt they wanted to see how you worked out a solution, why you did what you did and also keep a conversation to see your multi tasking ability and what was a priority or if you could balance it all and do so with poise.

If I had to do it all over again, I would just to experience a company that not only cares about its people but cares about the people they are interviewing! With out even saying it you know they want quality and they what the best and in that interview I wanted to do more and better with each challenge and question. Hands down the best interview I have ever experienced!!!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, they tailor the questions to make you fell at ease but challenged.   1 Answer

G2 Inc. Response

Jan 27, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you left your interview with a positive experience and understanding the types of people we are looking to hire ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

They are ok. Culture seem ok. Hiring was pretty good. Pretty cool looking office, Google like. Interviewed with 3 managers for about 2 hours. I received an offer about 3 days after.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I was in my last semester of college and applying to many different places. I had been going through different phone interviews, when I got a call from the recruiter at G2. This didn't seem like an average phone interview. Instead of asking me to try and code or answer programming questions over the phone it was more like questions about my goals and what I wanted to do after graduation. After talking for about twenty minutes I was invited to come in for an in person interview at G2 Inc. I was very nervous and did not know what to expect. I tried looking up reviews for interviews with G2 and there didn't seem to be much out there. I studied as many common interview questions as I could. I wanted to prepare myself, but did not know how or what to review. I came in on a Friday morning and right away I felt very comfortable. The recruiter came down the hallway on a scooter and was very welcoming. The first part of the interview was a critical thinking portion which lasted an hour with the recruiter. The next half hour was a technical interview just to ask about my resume and the programming languages that I had studied in school. The last half hour was a project discussion about the company and a little about my resume to see how I would potentially fit in with the company. I went from very nervous to relaxed pretty quickly. After the two hour interview I received a small tour of the office, and was told that my interview had went well, but they had to talk to about my interview before we could go any further. I then left and received a phone call fifteen minutes later with an offer. It was an overall great experience and I am very glad I got the opportunity to interview with a great company. Everyone that I met with the company was so nice and inviting, I immediately felt like I fit in and found a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• There was a device that had been developed by someone who worked at G2, that I was asked to figure out what it did. I was told nothing about the device, and had to ask yes or no questions until I figured out what it did. I almost did not get it, but got the answer just as I was running out of time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G2 Inc. in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is quick. From the time picking up to the phone to the time start working takes about a few weeks which is fast and it is pretty straight forward, very technical. They will check your background and all. The company will disclose everything, nothing hidden but look carefully at all the offer the pay is well but the benefit and health is lousy.

Interview Questions

• technical questions directly to your area   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair and forward

G2 Inc. Response

Dec 8, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to make improvements to our benefits package. So that we can better understand your suggestions for improvement, we would like for you to provide us ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was very quick to respond to the initial referral, emailing me back for an interview within a day or so. The interview was set up for the next week. The interview was over two hours long but very unique and forcing the me to be quick on my feet. The environment was great - it was relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable. There were activities I immediately noticed that encouraged this environment, such as a Foosball table and remote control race-cars (not to mention the interviewer greeted me by riding up with a scooter).
    The interview itself consisted of three stages: first was critical thinking, where I was to listen to a hypothetical scenario and solve it as best as I could; next was the technical interview, where I was asked basic questions related to Computer Science; and finally was project discussion, where I was asked the basic interview questions and discussing some resume details (this is where I learned most about the company, what they did, and what their work environment consisted of). Overall, It was a unique experience but thought it was a genuine way for myself and the company to learn about each other.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was when the interviewer gave me a hypothetical scenario, and asked me to stand up and create a detailed diagram representing how I would solve the problem. Unexpected - yes - forcing me to think on the spot and be creative - absolutely.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I asked for in my application, so there was no need to negotiate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at G2 Inc. in May 2013.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiting manager and discussing my strengths and goals and hearing a bit about the culture at G2, we scheduled an in-person interview session. The interview was scheduled for two hours, and involved several unique exercises that were focused on seeing how candidates approach problem solving. These initial exercises were followed up with a technical discussion with one of their engineers and a business-related discussion with one of their business unit leads. Not only was the interview process exciting, it was a great opportunity to see how the company works, get a chance to see their office, and learn more about how the company tries to separate themselves from the traditional government contracting job.

Interview Questions

• One of the exercises involved trying to determine what a physical device did by asking questions, similar to the game "Twenty Questions." The device happened to be a prototype that one of the employees built during an internal research & development effort, and was a unique way to showcase some of the benefits of working at G2, while providing an opportunity for G2 to see how candidates respond, how they think, and how they interact with others.   Answer Question

I found a job significantly closer to family.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was dominated by HR, rather than working engineers. It was an entirely negative experience where the interviewer left no stone unturned to prove to the applicant that he is far too stupid and incapable to work there. Overall, the tone of the interview was a kind of masked aggression. The impression that one derives, at least from from the interview, is that the company tacitly accepts and perhaps encourages a hostile workplace atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The candidate is asked to determine the purpose of a custom hardware breadboard device by asking questions of the interviewer. You are not allowed to ask what it is or what it does.   1 Answer

Infosec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

Great building, great atmosphere from what I could see. Brand new accomodations, tons of in-office perks, and the staff is extremely friendly. Everything you need done is under one roof from management to HR. Solid.

Be prepared for a long conversation between yourself and the management prior to getting to any negotiations. Also be prepared to play with a puzzle during the interview. Dont chuck it against the wall if you get frustrated, its just for fun.

I encountered numerous phone calls, one in-person interview, and then an offer phase. Very friendly staff, and very easy to get through the process. The interviews do have a lot of technical bredth to them, however, so be prepared to demonstrate some mastery if you want to get further into the process.

Interview Questions

• What is an area where you have failed, and how did you eventually fix the situation or recover from the failure?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G2 Inc. (Annapolis Junction, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I was interview after a friend that worked at G2 found out i was already talking to an HR recruiter. G2 checked my resume and since PM had worked with me for a few year already , knew my skills. Once the customer had interviewed me and liked me. i was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• what besides work is important to you   Answer Question
    • How would you build / install a IBM blade center with ESXi with fall over and HA   Answer Question