G2 Inc.

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at G2 Inc. in May 2013.

Interview Details – After speaking with a recruiting manager and discussing my strengths and goals and hearing a bit about the culture at G2, we scheduled an in-person interview session. The interview was scheduled for two hours, and involved several unique exercises that were focused on seeing how candidates approach problem solving. These initial exercises were followed up with a technical discussion with one of their engineers and a business-related discussion with one of their business unit leads. Not only was the interview process exciting, it was a great opportunity to see how the company works, get a chance to see their office, and learn more about how the company tries to separate themselves from the traditional government contracting job.

Interview Question – One of the exercises involved trying to determine what a physical device did by asking questions, similar to the game "Twenty Questions." The device happened to be a prototype that one of the employees built during an internal research & development effort, and was a unique way to showcase some of the benefits of working at G2, while providing an opportunity for G2 to see how candidates respond, how they think, and how they interact with others.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found a job significantly closer to family.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at G2 Inc. in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process was dominated by HR, rather than working engineers. It was an entirely negative experience where the interviewer left no stone unturned to prove to the applicant that he is far too stupid and incapable to work there. Overall, the tone of the interview was a kind of masked aggression. The impression that one derives, at least from from the interview, is that the company tacitly accepts and perhaps encourages a hostile workplace atmosphere.

Interview Question – The candidate is asked to determine the purpose of a custom hardware breadboard device by asking questions of the interviewer. You are not allowed to ask what it is or what it does.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G2 Inc. in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interview after a friend that worked at G2 found out i was already talking to an HR recruiter. G2 checked my resume and since PM had worked with me for a few year already , knew my skills. Once the customer had interviewed me and liked me. i was offered a job.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

InfoSec Interview

Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G2 Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – Great building, great atmosphere from what I could see. Brand new accomodations, tons of in-office perks, and the staff is extremely friendly. Everything you need done is under one roof from management to HR. Solid.

Be prepared for a long conversation between yourself and the management prior to getting to any negotiations. Also be prepared to play with a puzzle during the interview. Dont chuck it against the wall if you get frustrated, its just for fun.

I encountered numerous phone calls, one in-person interview, and then an offer phase. Very friendly staff, and very easy to get through the process. The interviews do have a lot of technical bredth to them, however, so be prepared to demonstrate some mastery if you want to get further into the process.

Interview Question – What is an area where you have failed, and how did you eventually fix the situation or recover from the failure?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for G2 Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at G2 Inc. interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by G2 Inc. employees and interview candidates.