G2 USA Account Associate Interview Questions

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

It took over a year for them to follow up with me. Went through three rounds of interviews, they seemed interested every step of the way. HR manager told me they wanted to hire me but went with someone cheaper. They contacted me six months later to try to negotiate me down because the person they hired was not qualified. After not backing down they eventually hired me at my asking price which was still lower than their competition, but in this economy I took it. People were nice, albeit weird. I felt like I was doing the interview rather than the other way around. It was all very low pressure, people were nice, they just wouldn't budge on salary.

Negotiation

Not so much negotiate as I refused their offer. When they were desperate from hiring someone incompetent for lower, they came around to hiring me. I think their bottom line is more important than hiring someone good. Obviously that rarely works in the long run. Also, good luck ever getting a raise when a company operates like this.