G2 USA

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interactive Designer Interview

Hatboro, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at G2 USA in May 2009.

Interview Details – I Interviewed with the creative director who seemed very pleased with my work and experience. The following week, I went on to interview with the executive creative director who came down from the home office (New York, NY). (They were interviewing a large groups of applicants to staff up and so he fit me into a busy schedule. Oddly, he asked that I meet him at his hotel, rather than at the office, which was all of 5 miles away.) We met in the lobby and he did not want to see my portfolio (he said he had already seen the work on my website and spoken with the creative director.)

The ECD said he "loved" my work and that he thought I would do a "great job." However, he added that they were "looking for twenty-somethings with lots of energy". He added that perhaps I could be a "mentor" to their "younger" staff. I'm 42 and well known to be full of energy from anyone I have ever worked with. It was a little off-putting to have a near stranger assume that I could not put in all-nighters with the rest of the "young" designers.

He added that an offer would be coming my way (as I was also on a short list for a design position for another company at the time). The offer never came and left me wondering if it was because of my age. Needless to say, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to get a look at the real company before I wasted my time and talent. They do have a talented group of designers, but I'm assuming that they know they will burn them out or do not want to pay them much, since he was so concerned with my age.

On a side note, they are producing some awesome work there. If you don't mind the politically incorrect attitude, and I suppose if you are young, this might be a good first job to cut your teeth on. But I would highly recommend you take your experience to a firm that appreciates it.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for G2 USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at G2 USA Interactive Designer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by G2 USA employees and interview candidates.