G2 USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Studio Artist Interview

Studio Artist
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at G2 USA in January 2010.

Interview Details – The HR manager during the interview process was professional and thorough as was my supervisor.

Interview Question – None that I can think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-combative.

Strategic Planning Intern Interview

Interviewed at G2 USA

Interview Details – I applied via email and interviewed on the phone and over Skype. The process went very smoothly - I received a call the same day of the Skype interview offering me the internship position.

Interview Question – It was a lot of your typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Interactive Project Manager Interview

Interactive Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at G2 USA in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 2 in-person "sessions"--you meet multiple people in each. Not a lot of back and forth with salary, they are pretty generous up front but never give you a raise.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for, which was fair at the time.

Account Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at G2 USA in September 2010.

Interview Details – It took over a year for them to follow up with me. Went through three rounds of interviews, they seemed interested every step of the way. HR manager told me they wanted to hire me but went with someone cheaper. They contacted me six months later to try to negotiate me down because the person they hired was not qualified. After not backing down they eventually hired me at my asking price which was still lower than their competition, but in this economy I took it. People were nice, albeit weird. I felt like I was doing the interview rather than the other way around. It was all very low pressure, people were nice, they just wouldn't budge on salary.

Negotiation Details – Not so much negotiate as I refused their offer. When they were desperate from hiring someone incompetent for lower, they came around to hiring me. I think their bottom line is more important than hiring someone good. Obviously that rarely works in the long run. Also, good luck ever getting a raise when a company operates like this.

Analytics Interview

New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at G2 USA in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is weak disconnect between HR and Hiring Manager.
Weak culture huge disconnect between Account and Delivery.
As an interviewee I was asked to create 2 presentations. Be careful they use this to get IP from other sources. It's not like you are going for Google or Razorfish. It's G2 no one has heard of them.
Make sure you ask for exactly what they want else a couple of their folks will totally submarine you.

Interview Questions

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at G2 USA in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went into the agency to interview for an insurance account, the same type of work I've done in a previous position. It was about noon and all of the employees were sitting at their desks in dim lighting, quiet, with their eyes fixed to their computer screens. I thought, "This place could use some life."

In the conference room in which the interview took place, the interviewer, who was a new Account Supervisor at the agency, asked me what I look for in an agency. I said that I prefer a nurturing environment in which everyone gets along and isn't so stiff; after all, advertising is a creative industry. He gave me the death stare. He told me that work is a place of business. He then proceeded to insult me by saying I was unprofessional. I sat there wearing a suit and tie, not a clown outfit. And this was all within the first 3 minutes.

Interview Question – What do you look for in an agency?   Answer Question

S/W Engineer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at G2 USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was really cool. I was asked on technical front...where i was able to answer smartly...

Interview Question – technical qns and was also asked abt how i implemented them, why, what...etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was unable to negotiate...the offer is good...

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at G2 USA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Several question about PHP and database schema design

Interview Question – What will you do if a PHP script always timeout?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at G2 USA in December 2009.

Interview Details – Met with HR first day and with the entire team in a 1 on 1 setting for the second round

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at G2 USA in November 2009.

Interview Details – Heard decent things so decided to apply for an Account Director position working on a large pharmaceutical account. Was brought in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager in spite of the recruiting manager showing a clear lack of interest in my background during the phone screen. Hiring manager was decent, but the recruiting manager not so much. However, the new office on 5th Avenue is sweet.

Interview Question – Why do you wish to work here?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for G2 USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at G2 USA interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by G2 USA employees and interview candidates.