G2 USA Interview Questions

2.4

Management Supervisor Interview

Interview

It all happened pretty quickly. I was referred by a recruiter, I interviewed with HR and my direct supervisor and a few days later I received an offer. Once I accepted I receive a offer package in the mail. It was very formal which was impressive.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my major in college, it's been a while since I've been asked about college. I'm usually asked about my work experience.   Answer Question

Strategic Planning Intern Interview

Interview

I applied via email and interviewed on the phone and over Skype. The process went very smoothly - I received a call the same day of the Skype interview offering me the internship position.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of your typical behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is weak disconnect between HR and Hiring Manager. Weak culture huge disconnect between Account and Delivery. As an interviewee I was asked to create 2 presentations. Be careful they use this to get IP from other sources. It's not like you are going for Google or Razorfish. It's G2 no one has heard of them. Make sure you ask for exactly what they want else a couple of their folks will totally submarine you.

Interview Questions

• Presentation   1 Answer
    • Soft skillisland read up on interview profiles..   1 Answer

Interactive Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in-person "sessions"--you meet multiple people in each. Not a lot of back and forth with salary, they are pretty generous up front but never give you a raise.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for, which was fair at the time.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

It took over a year for them to follow up with me. Went through three rounds of interviews, they seemed interested every step of the way. HR manager told me they wanted to hire me but went with someone cheaper. They contacted me six months later to try to negotiate me down because the person they hired was not qualified. After not backing down they eventually hired me at my asking price which was still lower than their competition, but in this economy I took it. People were nice, albeit weird. I felt like I was doing the interview rather than the other way around. It was all very low pressure, people were nice, they just wouldn't budge on salary.

Negotiation

Not so much negotiate as I refused their offer. When they were desperate from hiring someone incompetent for lower, they came around to hiring me. I think their bottom line is more important than hiring someone good. Obviously that rarely works in the long run. Also, good luck ever getting a raise when a company operates like this.

S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

It was really cool. I was asked on technical front...where i was able to answer smartly...

Interview Questions

• technical qns and was also asked abt how i implemented them, why, what...etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

was unable to negotiate...the offer is good...

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at G2 USA (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Several question about PHP and database schema design

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Met with HR first day and with the entire team in a 1 on 1 setting for the second round

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Heard decent things so decided to apply for an Account Director position working on a large pharmaceutical account. Was brought in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager in spite of the recruiting manager showing a clear lack of interest in my background during the phone screen. Hiring manager was decent, but the recruiting manager not so much. However, the new office on 5th Avenue is sweet.

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatboro, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at G2 USA (Hatboro, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

I Interviewed with the creative director who seemed very pleased with my work and experience. The following week, I went on to interview with the executive creative director who came down from the home office (New York, NY). (They were interviewing a large groups of applicants to staff up and so he fit me into a busy schedule. Oddly, he asked that I meet him at his hotel, rather than at the office, which was all of 5 miles away.) We met in the lobby and he did not want to see my portfolio (he said he had already seen the work on my website and spoken with the creative director.) The ECD said he "loved" my work and that he thought I would do a "great job." However, he added that they were "looking for twenty-somethings with lots of energy". He added that perhaps I could be a "mentor" to their "younger" staff. I'm 42 and well known to be full of energy from anyone I have ever worked with. It was a little off-putting to have a near stranger assume that I could not put in all-nighters with the rest of the "young" designers. He added that an offer would be coming my way (as I was also on a short list for a design position for another company at the time). The offer never came and left me wondering if it was because of my age. Needless to say, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to get a look at the real company before I wasted my time and talent. They do have a talented group of designers, but I'm assuming that they know they will burn them out or do not want to pay them much, since he was so concerned with my age. On a side note, they are producing some awesome work there. If you don't mind the politically incorrect attitude, and I suppose if you are young, this might be a good first job to cut your teeth on. But I would highly recommend you take your experience to a firm that appreciates it.