G2 USA Interview Questions

2.4

Interactive Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at G2 USA (Hatboro, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

I Interviewed with the creative director who seemed very pleased with my work and experience. The following week, I went on to interview with the executive creative director who came down from the home office (New York, NY). (They were interviewing a large groups of applicants to staff up and so he fit me into a busy schedule. Oddly, he asked that I meet him at his hotel, rather than at the office, which was all of 5 miles away.) We met in the lobby and he did not want to see my portfolio (he said he had already seen the work on my website and spoken with the creative director.)

The ECD said he "loved" my work and that he thought I would do a "great job." However, he added that they were "looking for twenty-somethings with lots of energy". He added that perhaps I could be a "mentor" to their "younger" staff. I'm 42 and well known to be full of energy from anyone I have ever worked with. It was a little off-putting to have a near stranger assume that I could not put in all-nighters with the rest of the "young" designers.

He added that an offer would be coming my way (as I was also on a short list for a design position for another company at the time). The offer never came and left me wondering if it was because of my age. Needless to say, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to get a look at the real company before I wasted my time and talent. They do have a talented group of designers, but I'm assuming that they know they will burn them out or do not want to pay them much, since he was so concerned with my age.

On a side note, they are producing some awesome work there. If you don't mind the politically incorrect attitude, and I suppose if you are young, this might be a good first job to cut your teeth on. But I would highly recommend you take your experience to a firm that appreciates it.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at G2 USA (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I went into the agency to interview for an insurance account, the same type of work I've done in a previous position. It was about noon and all of the employees were sitting at their desks in dim lighting, quiet, with their eyes fixed to their computer screens. I thought, "This place could use some life."

In the conference room in which the interview took place, the interviewer, who was a new Account Supervisor at the agency, asked me what I look for in an agency. I said that I prefer a nurturing environment in which everyone gets along and isn't so stiff; after all, advertising is a creative industry. He gave me the death stare. He told me that work is a place of business. He then proceeded to insult me by saying I was unprofessional. I sat there wearing a suit and tie, not a clown outfit. And this was all within the first 3 minutes.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was long but smooth. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and great.

Interview Questions

• Meeting with the actual client. It was nerve-wracking!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy.

Senior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at G2 USA in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter who seemed very unenthusiastic. Asked me about salary right away which lead me to believe that they want cheap over the right fit. Made it to the second round but when I told them I was no longer available, they basically hung up on me. Stupid, considering you never know when you might need someone. Why not keep the lines of communication open? I got the impression that if you don't behave exactly as they would like, they drop you. Foolish policy and very old fashioned.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at G2 USA in November 2009.

Interview

Ask about the background,
    self introduction,
    computer knowledge,
    past experience,
    job portfolio,
    personal interest,
    what you proud of in the current job,
    why you would like to apply a new job,
    what you want to do,

Interview Questions

• what is your expected salary   1 Answer