G4S Custom Protection Officer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

1.9

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at G4S.

Interview

Was called in a few days later after posting my resume to there website. Went in for the interview with the area manager and I was asked relevant information comparing my job history to this job. Very relaxed environment and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate anything. Everything they offered was worth taking. I will let you know that the back ground check is very intense. The training that you get once hired is very good and needed training. What helped me decide to take the job was the free continuing education that you can take during your employment.

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Simply Applied on website and waited for a call. They called me two weeks later for an interview. You go into the office and speak with the Recruiter. He is a straightforward gentleman who will ask all of your questions to the best of his ability. From there he will begin your background investigation and ask you to take the guard card class if you do not already have a guard card.

Interview Questions

• There arent really any hard questions. It's pretty much based on your qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You don't find out your salary either until after initial 40 hour training is complete. Unless you apply for a specific location and designation.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G4S.

Interview

Applied online and it took a month to get a reply back. They invited me in for an interview and it was a typical interview. After passing the first interview they sent me over for a second interview at the job site I would be working at. After passing the second interview you get a conditional offer of employment and then have to submit a drug test, psychology test, and physical exam.

Interview Questions

• Just know yourself and what can you contribute to the company   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations due to contract

Customs Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at G4S (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I have to say, there was not much of a interview process. I simply received a phone call, they asked if I could swing by the office, I showed up, they asked me when I wanted to begin training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G4S in May 2013.

Interview

I went in expecting an interview and was met with an hiring packet

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a email about scheduling an interview. There was only one interview for the job. The interviewer was pretty relaxed and went through the motions of pretty much going over a checklist of questions. Asked about my history, work experience, expectations etc. One to two weeks of training at minimum wage, but you do become CPR certified, and you go to your full hourly wage after that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected was asked. Asked about military, and employment history. A few "if this situation occurred, how would you handle it". Pretty straight forward and to the point on most things.   Answer Question

Found a position with a different company.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G4S (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

My interview was with just one person, however it could be more. The interview is Oral, face to face which was based on the new interview style with "give me a situation where you....." The mmpi test was administered at the area office in Richmond as well as the short classroom training. A few videos are shown on sexual harassment, vehicle safety etc. The job eventually calls for you to take the armed and unarmed security training. Their are private companies everywhere,( must be Department of Criminal Justice Certified)that you can take on a weekend.

Interview Questions

• Know yourself and be able to list why you would make a good security officer. How would your friends describe you. What is one of your weaknesses. Working with all types of people one needs to know how to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. One must remember you are representing your employer. The contract you are assigned to has rules and regulations as well that has to be adhered to. It is not always what you personally would do in a situation, but what does the contract call for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation...it is all contract work. They do have different levels of security officers along with different pay(CPO is 13.00 in this area and from their it goes down to approximately10.00?) based on your education, military or law enforcement. Department of Corrections and Sheriffs office qualify you for a CPO position)

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at G4S (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called in for an oral interview. When I interviewed for the position the interviewer noticed that I was a former deputy sheriff and stated to me that former police officers ". . .had an attitude problem." Huh? The Custom Protection Officer position that I applied for stated in its requirements that the position was for individuals with prior law enforcement or military experience so what the heck? The interviewer then later stated that her BofA armed guards only carried 38 ca revolvers and that my exposed weapons permit was for 9mm or 40 ca. weapons. Don't know why she mentioned her BofA guards because because the position I applied for was for an unarmed position.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was irrelevant with her comments for the position I was applying for. She never explained the Custom Protection Officer position in Menlo Park.   Answer Question

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G4S (New Orleans, LA) in September 2011.

Interview

Two interviews were conducted.
    HR Manager was easy going not a laid back interview but straight to the point.
    Received offer same day. There were no hard questions.

There were no difficult questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were face with a different task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at G4S (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application to G4S for Custom Protection Officer in July, 2011. I met all of the pre-employment qualifications, with the exception of having a degree. The application process of applying in person is very time consuming, and then G4S only keeps the application for one month. I was not contacted for an interview and wonder exactly what they are looking for. Having served for 20 years in the Navy, served in the Military Police field, graduated from a Military Police academy, reserve deputy sheriff academy, and a state correction officer academy I felt that I was more than qualified for what they might have me doing.

After acknowledging the grooming standards of no beards I observed the General Manager with a goatee. This type of example reflects a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. Maybe this guy didn't go out in the field but this sure was a negative reflection on managements behalf.