G4S

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.3

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S.

Orientation is three days, and the interview process went great. Interview took about 10 minutes total, and was called for open spots the next day. Once I selected a site I was called shortly to meet with site supervisor who was great, and recommended me for the job. The following week I was hired and doing orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to hard, was all about being professional, and personal presentation. Go well dressed, and talk in a professional manner. Use things like "sir" or "mam" and use proper English.   Answer Question
    None, offers are by the job site and job title.

Security Officer Interview

If you have military,police or corrections experience, its not that difficult to get in. You need to pass a drug test. You also need to pass the MMPI test. You also need to be interviewd by a psychologist which will ask you a series of simple questions to see if you are a fruitcake.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at G4S.

Was called in a few days later after posting my resume to there website. Went in for the interview with the area manager and I was asked relevant information comparing my job history to this job. Very relaxed environment and friendly.

Interview Questions
    Didn't have to negotiate anything. Everything they offered was worth taking. I will let you know that the back ground check is very intense. The training that you get once hired is very good and needed training. What helped me decide to take the job was the free continuing education that you can take during your employment.

Guard Interview

scripted interview, followed the interview questions on the page to a T, didnt vary or go off topic, asked questions about customer service and previous work experience. Some questions about how peers would preserve myself and how co-workers would.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S in May 2014.

Simply Applied on website and waited for a call. They called me two weeks later for an interview. You go into the office and speak with the Recruiter. He is a straightforward gentleman who will ask all of your questions to the best of his ability. From there he will begin your background investigation and ask you to take the guard card class if you do not already have a guard card.

Interview Questions
    • There arent really any hard questions. It's pretty much based on your qualifications.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. You don't find out your salary either until after initial 40 hour training is complete. Unless you apply for a specific location and designation.

Traditional Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at G4S.

Was called shortly after submitting the application online to set up an interview. Atmosphere at the home office was laid back and generally unprofessional.

The interview itself was basic, the interviewer asking vague pre-scripted questions such as "What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?" etc. Interviewer consistently apologized for having to ask the what she called the 'stupid' questions that she 'was required to ask' during the interview, which I found to be a little strange.

Called to follow up more than a week after the interview, HR apologized for not having communicated and requested my return to the office to sign more paperwork. Job offer letter was provided upon getting there.

The most absurd aspect of the hiring process was that they had no uniforms on-hand that fit me and had to order them. This in itself is no entirely unexpected but I went nearly 1 month of working on-site before finally receiving my uniform. In that 1 month span of time I had to provide my own clothes closest to representing their current uniform, which for me was my own nice black suit (way better quality than the uniforms provided) which I had to risk damaging every day I was working because no substitute was offered by the company (All I got from the home office was an insincere apology from HR).

This aforementioned experience helped to set the precedent of how I would feel about the company and the job in the latter months to come.

Interview Questions
    • None, unless you have difficulty answering questions like: "What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What experience do you bring to the table?" and so forth.   Answer Question
    None, pay was set during posting of position and negotiation was declined upon inquiry.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at G4S in April 2014.

This was easy, a few questions about experience and how you could handle the job load. Additional questions covering the reliability and flexibility. Nothing very hard, just keep in mind the flexibility and multi-tasking are huge with this job.

Interview Questions
    • How will you plan to multi-task with interviewing and hiring?   Answer Question

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at G4S in April 2014.

Online application process was unexpectedly detailed so have detailed records of work history, residential; driving record on hand for 7 years minimum. I filled out the application over the weekend and was contacted the following Monday; interviewed the next day. Interviewer was very cordial; questions were typical and also easy. Job offer was made contingent on extensive background verification. So far I have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me is about previous employers and G4S will ask. I did have a very "bad fit" situation a few years ago and I do know that employer gives very derogatory information about former employees. I probably should have risked being seen as unprofessional and explained the situation but it was a lot to explain and I really did not want to be as unprofessional as they are. It likely cost me the job.   View Answer
    Very easy; I felt like I could have negotiated more but I really like the company; I was offered a fair rate of pay so no negotiation. We dicussed site posts and hours; flexible schedules are a big plus with this company. The offer is contingent on full background investigation (work history, education, criminal, driving record, credit, references). If I am called back there will likely be a psychological evaluation, drug screening and physical test.

Custom Protection Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G4S.

Applied online and it took a month to get a reply back. They invited me in for an interview and it was a typical interview. After passing the first interview they sent me over for a second interview at the job site I would be working at. After passing the second interview you get a conditional offer of employment and then have to submit a drug test, psychology test, and physical exam.

Interview Questions
    • Just know yourself and what can you contribute to the company   Answer Question
    No negotiations due to contract

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Got email 2 weeks after applying. Showed up at the corporate office in Ft. Lauderdale. Breifed on job description. Took pee test and psych test