G4S Secure Solutions North America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.6

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America in January 2015.

Interview

This was the biggest joke of an interview I have ever been on. Two person interview with HR and the reporting boss. The HR interviewer read directly off a scripted paper and barely made any eye contact and was not at all engaging. Would of been out of there in 10 minutes had I not come prepared with my own questions. The reporting boss had no questions and was "too tired" to answer most of my questions. Was basically told during the interview it would be impossible for someone to come from outside the company and be successful at filling the potion and that they pretty much only hire from within.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very generic and read directly off the scripted page.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

Initially they call to ask your schedule and outlook on the job, you schedule a face to face interview at their main office. Once you arrive you interview, being asked your ideal work place environment, what you look for most in a job and why you are interested in the job,

Interview Questions

• What type of environment are you looking to work in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are asked where you live and they suggest sites to work at from there, usually closest is best but pay varies from site to site so be sure to ask what the pay is before "pulling the trigger" so to speak.

Unarmed Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America.

Interview

I applied one day online and recieved a phone call shortly after, within days. I scheduled the interview which could have been as soon as the next day, however I was busy so I scheduled it for the day after. I went in to the Phoenix office and spoke to the individual who had called me and found out he was a recruiter. When they bring you back they ask you certain questions. I can't remember exactly what they ask but it was all about yourself. There were no challenging questions that put you in a certain situation to see how you would react just strictly about you questions. I know they asked what I did in the military.

Interview Questions

• none, they were all easy. after you answer the questions they tell you the hourly pay rate [and some details about where youll be working.   Answer Question

Security Officer - Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called in for a 1000hrs interview sat in the waiting area about 20min. went inside with the interviewer. He asked me a couple questions about the jobs I had on my resume. Then he gave me a detail description of the job and how long the company has been in business. Explain how the company expanded into Global Phenomena. That if I am looking to put in the work that I can go as far I want in the organization. They believe in promoting within. He explained the logistic of the job that I was applying for. He asked base on what he explained is this something I would be interested in. He stated yes you get paid weekly but he hope its not just the money that i was there for. The process took about 30-35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the industry as a guard and supervisor? When did you become an Armed Guard?   1 Answer
    • What do you feel that you can bring to the table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

You need to keep in mind that you have to be a sharp personality to do this job. Its not about written skills, it is all about customer service and interacting with people. Medium computer skills is a plus but show that you are easy to talk to and communicate well and you are sure to get the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions about your background. This company does DETAILED background checks. Every letter you put on your application will be verified. Be honest about yourself. If you had a crummy title in your last job just list it. Pet Waste Trainee with a good personality will get a job hands down, Pet Waste Manager (if you werent one) will get you booted from the process. They WILL call and they WILL ask. Just be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, salary is based on customer contract. Get in the door and transfer later to higher paying contracts.

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America in June 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was made from HR representative to come in for an interview, met with HR manager, then met operations manager and General manager of that office. Process took about two to three weeks. Basic questions asked but more related to past experiences with prior employers.

Interview Questions

• What examples of your past leadership and supervisory roles can you provide?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Top pay for position.

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 15 minutes. I was then sent to a room with nothing but computers and sat at a computer for about an hr answering tests and filling out forms. After I was finished the receptionist told me I could go home because someone would be giving me a call at some point.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was how did I enjoy my supervisor.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I was scheduled for an interview. I waited in the waiting area of the office for a few minutes, then I met the site manager. It was a very easy, non-stressful interview. The site manager asked very basic questions. The interview took no more than 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot. I think the interview process is way too easy and G4S will hire anyone who can breathe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Cleveland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

You generally meet with the site supervisor and some representative of the client, that is, your real employer. They'll go over your experience or lack thereof in security, discuss what they do there, and ask you standard questions you would find in just about any interview that touch on things like your affinity for teamwork, your flexibility, your desire for overtime, and personal anecdotes that they feel may give them some idea of your character.

Interview Questions

• They presented me with scenarios to get a feel for my ethics.   1 Answer

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2013.

Interview

Job application was via the company website. I received a call to come in for an interview within two weeks. The interview consisted mostly of a few basic questions on my past experience in Security and why I left my last employer. After a brief description of the types of accounts the branch had in operation, I was offered the job pending the successful completion of a background investigation.

Interview Questions

• There questions were rather simple and straight forward. The only question that required more than a yes or no question was the one regarding the reason I left my last employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non-negotiable. You will be paid the standard base rate for the position you are hired for (Traditional Security, Custom Protection, or Bank Protection Officer) or the rate the client contract spells out, which ever is greater.