G4S Secure Solutions North America Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

Initially they call to ask your schedule and outlook on the job, you schedule a face to face interview at their main office. Once you arrive you interview, being asked your ideal work place environment, what you look for most in a job and why you are interested in the job,

Interview Questions

• What type of environment are you looking to work in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are asked where you live and they suggest sites to work at from there, usually closest is best but pay varies from site to site so be sure to ask what the pay is before "pulling the trigger" so to speak.

Other Interview Reviews for G4S Secure Solutions North America

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

You need to keep in mind that you have to be a sharp personality to do this job. Its not about written skills, it is all about customer service and interacting with people. Medium computer skills is a plus but show that you are easy to talk to and communicate well and you are sure to get the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions about your background. This company does DETAILED background checks. Every letter you put on your application will be verified. Be honest about yourself. If you had a crummy title in your last job just list it. Pet Waste Trainee with a good personality will get a job hands down, Pet Waste Manager (if you werent one) will get you booted from the process. They WILL call and they WILL ask. Just be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, salary is based on customer contract. Get in the door and transfer later to higher paying contracts.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I was scheduled for an interview. I waited in the waiting area of the office for a few minutes, then I met the site manager. It was a very easy, non-stressful interview. The site manager asked very basic questions. The interview took no more than 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot. I think the interview process is way too easy and G4S will hire anyone who can breathe.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Excellent, the interviewer seemed to understand exactly the type of person she was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Where did you get you certifications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Cleveland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

You generally meet with the site supervisor and some representative of the client, that is, your real employer. They'll go over your experience or lack thereof in security, discuss what they do there, and ask you standard questions you would find in just about any interview that touch on things like your affinity for teamwork, your flexibility, your desire for overtime, and personal anecdotes that they feel may give them some idea of your character.

Interview Questions

• They presented me with scenarios to get a feel for my ethics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I didn't have a Interview. I was referred to the company by the Director of Security because he knew my work performance and I have prior Military experience. I was giving the Job base on my Resume and working in the Security Field for 3 years.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online. They called me within a week for an interview. They offered me the job at the interview. It was a really easy, and relaxed process. I don't know what else to say about it.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall what questions were asked. It was a long time ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was hired from the Anaheim branch because I knew someone who worked at the post I was stationed at. I had an interview with a trainer than a branch manager

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

I only had one interview. I was asked basic questions relating to prior experience and education. The interview process was easy. The most difficult part was the extensive background check. If you have lived in multiple states, then the background check delays your start date.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question, related to the job was how do I feel about standing in adverse weather for the entire duration of my shift.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negation phase. All officers starts at the same pay, based on which site you accept or what the client pays.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S Secure Solutions North America in January 2009.

Interview

Board type atmosphere

Interview Questions

Negotiation

na