GAF Accounting Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Accounting Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GAF in February 2011.

Was contacted by a friend about a possible job opportunity. Talked to her extensively about the position and the company. I was then contacted by HR the next week and was emailed a link for an assessment survey which consisted of over 300 questions. Was told at the time they did behavior based interviewing. I prepared for it by going to a website to find out what it entailed. About a week later an interview was scheduled. I was told I would talk to HR and then have a group interview and possibly a plant tour. The day of the interview the first thing I had to do was sit and take another test. Basically a problem solving test. And then I spoke to the group. I felt to have focused so heavily on the behavior based interviewing process (which HR did several times on the phone) it was very unorganized questioning. It almost made you think that they may have already picked a candidate. The HR manager did the best job I thought but the plant manager and the other person seemed like they spent about 5 minutes prepping questions. One question rambled on for several minutes.

Three weeks later I had to call them to get any info and was told I was one of the top 2 candidates. But the other person was scheduled to meet the next week with corporate and I wasn't. It's been another week and I still have heard nothing. I think with all the testing and when you have a sit down interview you should always receive feedback by letter or phone. Overall, I was very disappointed with the unprofessionalism of this company.

Interview Questions
  • How would you create the budget process for this location?   Answer Question
  • How did you handle reporting to two different functions with 2 different sets of expectations?   Answer Question

Worked for GAF? Contribute to the Community!