GAF Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GAF.

Interview

1 Prescreen interview followed by 3 very lengthy Interviews totaling a little over 5 hours of time. They were formal, professional and went very much in depth. I have performed interviews myself and understand how boring and tedious they can be. What's amazing is they did this for several candidates. Although I was very impressed with all of the people I met, I have to say that asking people to dedicate 5 plus hours of interviews and not giving a courtesy call to let me know that the job was already offered to someone else was very disappointing. I had to call them.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GAF.

Interview

First there was on campus recruiting followed by an on campus interview, with behavioral questions. Then they followed up by flying me out for an on-campus interview, where I interviewed with the managers. This was more of an opportunity for them to meet me as well as for me to meet them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. conflict/resolution scenarios.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

There are 2-3 rounds of interview. In the in-person round, there will be almost all the people from the senior management attending the interview. This might sound to be baffling. But do not get perplexed here. This is just the way they do the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that i remember, most of the questions are easier.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met mechanical engineer manager at career fair, got interview afterward. The manager was very friendly and welcome, would try another chance next summer. Not really, most questions are experience-related. Besides some questions related to company info, typical work day of a mechanical engineer, how you like to work in GAF. 30 char s s s s s ss s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s

Preferred a better option

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GAF in September 2014.

Interview

I talked with 5 pairs. Some engineers, managers, co-ops. It took about 3 hours because we had lunch with them, then, did a tour of the factory for an hour. They just ask you basic behavior questions and about your projects. It would be nice to bring lots of questions so that you can show them how much you are interested in the position and working for the company.

Interview Questions

• are you good at multi-tasking? have you had a conflict with a team member? how do you manage your time? if you have a time that you had to work under the pressure and how did you manage it? etc..   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

streamlined, thorough and efficient. I was allowed to not leave any stone unturned. The leadership team answered every one of my questions and level all my expectations with regard to goals, compensation, benefits etc. it was a very good experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the greatest accomplishments you had at your former employer   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Soon after applying (possibly because of my employee referral,) I was contacted by an admin assistant in HR to schedule a screening call with a human resources rep. The phone screening was short and sweet, and I enjoyed our conversation over the phone. They scheduled me for an interview a few days later. The "interview" consisted of a skills test- verbal, math, and applied math. Pretty easy. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes, and interviewed with three managers in the department.

Interview Questions

• Something to the effect of... What would you do if you strongly disagreed with a company policy?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Interview

Long process. Very tough interviews, 3 stage interview. Takes a while to get offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and received a call about an interview. The first interview was 3 interviews with the managers from different departments --afterward I had to complete an online exam to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a customer   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then in-person interviews on-site. Met with several people from the department and up the chain of command. They also had me do a video interview with off-site team members.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult - they just wanted to see proof that I had done the type of coding needed, and we walked through a couple of projects so I could explain how I contributed.   Answer Question

Current project got extended.