GAF

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.7

QA Analyst Interview

There are 2-3 rounds of interview. In the in-person round, there will be almost all the people from the senior management attending the interview. This might sound to be baffling. But do not get perplexed here. This is just the way they do the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that i remember, most of the questions are easier.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF in October 2014.

Met mechanical engineer manager at career fair, got interview afterward. The manager was very friendly and welcome, would try another chance next summer. Not really, most questions are experience-related. Besides some questions related to company info, typical work day of a mechanical engineer, how you like to work in GAF. 30 char s s s s s ss s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s

Preferred a better option

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GAF in September 2014.

I talked with 5 pairs. Some engineers, managers, co-ops. It took about 3 hours because we had lunch with them, then, did a tour of the factory for an hour. They just ask you basic behavior questions and about your projects. It would be nice to bring lots of questions so that you can show them how much you are interested in the position and working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • are you good at multi-tasking? have you had a conflict with a team member? how do you manage your time? if you have a time that you had to work under the pressure and how did you manage it? etc..   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Soon after applying (possibly because of my employee referral,) I was contacted by an admin assistant in HR to schedule a screening call with a human resources rep. The phone screening was short and sweet, and I enjoyed our conversation over the phone. They scheduled me for an interview a few days later. The "interview" consisted of a skills test- verbal, math, and applied math. Pretty easy. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes, and interviewed with three managers in the department.

Interview Questions
    • Something to the effect of... What would you do if you strongly disagreed with a company policy?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Long process. Very tough interviews, 3 stage interview. Takes a while to get offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and received a call about an interview. The first interview was 3 interviews with the managers from different departments --afterward I had to complete an online exam to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a customer   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Initial phone screen, then in-person interviews on-site. Met with several people from the department and up the chain of command. They also had me do a video interview with off-site team members.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult - they just wanted to see proof that I had done the type of coding needed, and we walked through a couple of projects so I could explain how I contributed.   Answer Question

Current project got extended.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GAF.

There were three different interviewers. A tour of the plant was giving before the interview. Each interviewer asked one to three basic behavioral questions, for example: Can you remember a time when a team member had a conflicting issue and how did you resolve it? What are some of your goals you wish to achieve in your field of study?

Intern/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAF in April 2013.

Standard behavioral questions- What are some projects you have done? How do you work in groups? What are some weaknesses?

2 on 1 interview, One HR person and One engineer

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

They are going to ask you behavioral type questions so be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a tough question would be. How did you handle a failure? That was about as tough as it gets.   Answer Question

Personal conflicts