GAF Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.7

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Soon after applying (possibly because of my employee referral,) I was contacted by an admin assistant in HR to schedule a screening call with a human resources rep. The phone screening was short and sweet, and I enjoyed our conversation over the phone. They scheduled me for an interview a few days later. The "interview" consisted of a skills test- verbal, math, and applied math. Pretty easy. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes, and interviewed with three managers in the department.

Interview Questions
    • Something to the effect of... What would you do if you strongly disagreed with a company policy?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Long process. Very tough interviews, 3 stage interview. Takes a while to get offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and received a call about an interview. The first interview was 3 interviews with the managers from different departments --afterward I had to complete an online exam to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a customer   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GAF.

Initial phone screen, then in-person interviews on-site. Met with several people from the department and up the chain of command. They also had me do a video interview with off-site team members.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult - they just wanted to see proof that I had done the type of coding needed, and we walked through a couple of projects so I could explain how I contributed.   Answer Question

Current project got extended.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GAF.

There were three different interviewers. A tour of the plant was giving before the interview. Each interviewer asked one to three basic behavioral questions, for example: Can you remember a time when a team member had a conflicting issue and how did you resolve it? What are some of your goals you wish to achieve in your field of study?

Intern/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAF in April 2013.

Standard behavioral questions- What are some projects you have done? How do you work in groups? What are some weaknesses?

2 on 1 interview, One HR person and One engineer

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

They are going to ask you behavioral type questions so be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a tough question would be. How did you handle a failure? That was about as tough as it gets.   Answer Question

Personal conflicts

Co-op Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ennis, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ennis, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GAF in March 2013.

Talked to a recruiter at my university career fair. From there I was invited to dinner with several other potential interviewees. Two days later I received a call notifying me I had been selected to fly out to one of their plants for an extended interview. The interview was in a round robin format, with eight potential co-ops having eight 15 minute interviews each. The interviewers used the STAR format (situation, task, action, result)

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation where you were presented with a challenge and failed. Give us a situation where you were presented with a challenge and succeeded.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GAF in March 2013.

Talked to them at the career fair, they took us out to dinner that night then called couple of us from the dinner to an on-site interview. The On-site interview process was long, you get interview by a lot of people at the plant, like 7 different interviews on the same day at the plant. Also gave us a plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral, some of the interviewers repeated some of the questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF.

First a phone interview, then a day of several 1-on-1 interviews with HR and managers.
    They're all behavioral questions.
    There seemed to be a lack of communication amongst those involved which drew out the process to be longer than necessary.
    Afterwards there was even less communication and follow-up.
    so, there was few women and even less POC.

Interview Questions
    • None were hard but be prepared to be asked the same ones over and over. Have your answers thought out and prepared.   Answer Question