GAF

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Assistant Project Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GAF in July 2010.

Interview Details – Communication was easy. Mark was great. My boss was amazing. I got the job immediately, and started working the next week, part-time. Went over the resume, asked a few questions about travel and explained benefits, paid time off, and talked about my kids and the job. Got the job, easy as pie.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was easy as pie.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I offered no negotiation, as I was pleased with what they offered.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Customer Care Associate
Wayne, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GAF.

Interview Details – Soon after applying (possibly because of my employee referral,) I was contacted by an admin assistant in HR to schedule a screening call with a human resources rep. The phone screening was short and sweet, and I enjoyed our conversation over the phone. They scheduled me for an interview a few days later. The "interview" consisted of a skills test- verbal, math, and applied math. Pretty easy. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes, and interviewed with three managers in the department.

Interview Question – Something to the effect of... What would you do if you strongly disagreed with a company policy?   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GAF.

Interview Details – Long process. Very tough interviews, 3 stage interview. Takes a while to get offer

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Co-op Project Engineer Interview

Co-op Project Engineer
Ennis, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GAF in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter at my university career fair. From there I was invited to dinner with several other potential interviewees. Two days later I received a call notifying me I had been selected to fly out to one of their plants for an extended interview. The interview was in a round robin format, with eight potential co-ops having eight 15 minute interviews each. The interviewers used the STAR format (situation, task, action, result)

Interview Question – Give us a situation where you were presented with a challenge and failed. Give us a situation where you were presented with a challenge and succeeded.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at GAF

Interview Details – I applied on LinkedIn and received a call about an interview. The first interview was 3 interviews with the managers from different departments --afterward I had to complete an online exam to test my critical thinking skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a customer   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GAF.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen, then in-person interviews on-site. Met with several people from the department and up the chain of command. They also had me do a video interview with off-site team members.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult - they just wanted to see proof that I had done the type of coding needed, and we walked through a couple of projects so I could explain how I contributed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Current project got extended.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GAF in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to them at the career fair, they took us out to dinner that night then called couple of us from the dinner to an on-site interview. The On-site interview process was long, you get interview by a lot of people at the plant, like 7 different interviews on the same day at the plant. Also gave us a plant tour.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral, some of the interviewers repeated some of the questions.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at GAF.

Interview Details – There were three different interviewers. A tour of the plant was giving before the interview. Each interviewer asked one to three basic behavioral questions, for example: Can you remember a time when a team member had a conflicting issue and how did you resolve it? What are some of your goals you wish to achieve in your field of study?

Intern/Co-op Interview

Intern/Co-op

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GAF in April 2013.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral questions- What are some projects you have done? How do you work in groups? What are some weaknesses?

2 on 1 interview, One HR person and One engineer

Interview Question – Nothing really, google top100 behavorial questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GAF in August 2012.

Interview Details – Went to a dinner and an interview after career fair

Interview Question – Are you afraid of heights?   View Answer

Worked for GAF? Contribute to the Community!