GAF Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.5

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

streamlined, thorough and efficient. I was allowed to not leave any stone unturned. The leadership team answered every one of my questions and level all my expectations with regard to goals, compensation, benefits etc. it was a very good experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the greatest accomplishments you had at your former employer   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

Soon after applying (possibly because of my employee referral,) I was contacted by an admin assistant in HR to schedule a screening call with a human resources rep. The phone screening was short and sweet, and I enjoyed our conversation over the phone. They scheduled me for an interview a few days later. The "interview" consisted of a skills test- verbal, math, and applied math. Pretty easy. I then met with the HR rep for a few minutes, and interviewed with three managers in the department.

Interview Questions

• Something to the effect of... What would you do if you strongly disagreed with a company policy?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ).

Interview

First a phone interview, then a day of several 1-on-1 interviews with HR and managers. They're all behavioral questions. There seemed to be a lack of communication amongst those involved which drew out the process to be longer than necessary. Afterwards there was even less communication and follow-up. so, there was few women and even less POC.

Interview Questions

• None were hard but be prepared to be asked the same ones over and over. Have your answers thought out and prepared.   Answer Question

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GAF (Wayne, NJ) in October 2009.

Interview

I was first contacted by a GAF internal recruiter who had found my resume on Linked In. They conducted a quick screening interview over the phone and then asked that I come in to their Wayne office for a full day of interviews 8am-4pm. They had me meet with 7 people, 1-hour interview per person making up a very FULL and exhausting day. The interviews were all behavioral and each person was searching out a slightly different skill area. They turn around with an offer very quickly after that day long session of interviews, I think I had an offer presented within a week if not a few days after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were fast paced and they wanted to close quickly. I was ultimately able to gain a significant increase in salary and signing bonus.