GAIL

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at GAIL

Interview Details – 1) Tell me about yourself?
2) Some technical qns from previous employment

Negotiation Details – Fixed salary

Executive Trainee (E2) Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GAIL in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online in December 2012. The shortlisting for interview was based on the score of GATE 2013. I was shortlisted in April as I had an all india rank 285 and I got the interview date in the end of May .

The interview was a roller coaster ride. It was a panel interview which started off with a couple of HR questions. At this stage I had a quite an interesting discussion with the panel about my hobby (reading novels). Then the technical questions were quite detailed and mainly dealt with pumps, compressors, IC engines, & gas pipeline transmission. Afterwards they asked what i know about the company's profile & operations.

Finally, the asked some questions relating to Contracts & Procurement. Overall, the technical questions were not easy, but it was a pleasant interview and the interaction was quite friendly.

Interview Question – What do you think is your weakness? And give a situation where you have turned it around to be of advantage to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as all the terms were already fixed in a public sector enterprise.

Intern Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GAIL.

Interview Details – Was not tough at all. You get through references. They asked me mail their reusme with a letter of recommendation. I was fortunate to get through the intern. Though normally people don't get it unless they do not have references...

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Interviewed at GAIL

Interview Details – Apply online n den be a part of the interviewing process: HR n technical!

Interview Question – Technical questions about pipelines n dere protection..   Answer Question

Executive Trainee - Telemetry Interview

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at GAIL in February 2012.

Interview Details – All India Written Exam usually held in the month of October, followed by Interview in the month of Jan- Feb

Interview Question – Technical questions are not very difficult. Primarily the Panel wants to adjudge whether you are able to blend in well, and are willing to work anywhere in India, as its work locations are scattered all throughout India   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No case of negotiation as far as salary is concerned, as its already published with the advertisement.

Executive Trainee (Instrumentation) Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GAIL.

Interview Details – Short-listing based on grades... then personal interview (PI).
They asked questions related to P-I-D control, cascade control, Flowmeters (e.g. orifice, venturi, rotameter etc), flapper-nozzle assembly, Differential pressure type level sensors, control valves (flow characteristics-quick opening/equal percentage, globe valve, butterfly valve etc), basic knowledge of DCS/PLC/SCADA, 4-20mA standard in instrumentation, brief of project work & industrial/vocational training.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly they asked me the name of the company which manufactured the DCS I had seen during my vocational training.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation... they announced the CTC earlier.

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager
Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GAIL in May 2009.

Interview Details – Existing Employer Details, Why I want to Join the Employer, Salary Package Details,

Interview Question – Why i want to join the employer when the salary package is less than the existing employer   View Answer

Delhi (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at GAIL in March 2009.

Interview Details – technical and behavioral interview was conducted along with HR interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GAIL in September 2010.

Interview Details – Being a government of india undertaking selection process is very transparent and consists of all india written test followed by group discussion / interview and medical test. based on written and interview merit list is prepared and candidates are selected.

Interview Question – in the written test general awareness mental ability technical skill for example in electrical engineering questions are asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not applicable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GAIL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GAIL interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by GAIL employees and interview candidates.