GAIL

3.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAIL in May 2014.

The persons in the interview panel were very friendly & coperative. I enjoyed the interview & was comfortable through out the interview process. They first asked questions about my self and then move to the technical section

Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAIL in May 2014.

The interview was kind of discussion...about oneself and hobbies. Panel was very friendly and cooperative. Technical questions were asked from your favorite subject. Basic HR questions were posed about postings and future goals.

Executive Trainee (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAIL in May 2014.

The process started with document verification. My reporting time was 10:30 a.m and I was interviewed at 5:00 p.m. Panel consisted of 7 people. One among them is a lady and she is HR. Interview started with the question 'tell me about yourself'. Then they talked to me about the division process going on in A.P (i'm from AP) and also about the election results, my guess about them..etc. Then they asked technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Here I'm writing the questions in the same order they were asked.
      1. Tell me about yourself
      2.What do you know about GAIL (Go through the company web site)
      3.What is our main business
      4. What do you know about transmission
      5. What do you know about HVDC
      6. What did you observe in the Industrial training ( I did an IT in thermal plant)
      7. After repairing/before starting a motor what will you check
      8. If a motor stopped suddenly, what could be the non- electrical reason
      9. What are the various specifications of a motor
      10. what other offers/calls you got
        Answer Question

Director ( 9projets ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAIL in November 2013.

The Chairman of the PESB committee asked the question that how many EDs are working under Director (Projects). Then he asked another question about my area of experties in GAIL.

Interview Questions
    • Chairman asked about an IRR and then he further asked that the Project Appriasal Report submitted by one of the consultant where IRR is less then 10%. what will be your reaction.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GAIL.

Was not tough at all. You get through references. They asked me mail their reusme with a letter of recommendation. I was fortunate to get through the intern. Though normally people don't get it unless they do not have references...

Executive Trainee (E2) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GAIL in May 2013.

I applied online in December 2012. The shortlisting for interview was based on the score of GATE 2013. I was shortlisted in April as I had an all india rank 285 and I got the interview date in the end of May .

The interview was a roller coaster ride. It was a panel interview which started off with a couple of HR questions. At this stage I had a quite an interesting discussion with the panel about my hobby (reading novels). Then the technical questions were quite detailed and mainly dealt with pumps, compressors, IC engines, & gas pipeline transmission. Afterwards they asked what i know about the company's profile & operations.

Finally, the asked some questions relating to Contracts & Procurement. Overall, the technical questions were not easy, but it was a pleasant interview and the interaction was quite friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is your weakness? And give a situation where you have turned it around to be of advantage to you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as all the terms were already fixed in a public sector enterprise.

Executive Trainee - Telemetry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at GAIL in February 2012.

All India Written Exam usually held in the month of October, followed by Interview in the month of Jan- Feb

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are not very difficult. Primarily the Panel wants to adjudge whether you are able to blend in well, and are willing to work anywhere in India, as its work locations are scattered all throughout India   Answer Question
    No case of negotiation as far as salary is concerned, as its already published with the advertisement.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAIL in September 2010.

Being a government of india undertaking selection process is very transparent and consists of all india written test followed by group discussion / interview and medical test. based on written and interview merit list is prepared and candidates are selected.

Interview Questions
    • in the written test general awareness mental ability technical skill for example in electrical engineering questions are asked.   Answer Question
    not applicable.

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GAIL in March 2010.

I was hired through a campus recruitment event. First round was shortlisting of candidates through resume review and GPA. Second round was an interview. My panel consisted of 2 people. It was a 90 minute interview but was more of a discussion rather than interview. Question were not too technical, more of behavioral. The role was in the Marketing department and they were looking for a good fit. Besides a few technical question they asked me about my family background, my career goals, my opinion on some ongoing political issue, a few Quantitative questions etc. We also discussed about their careers at GAIL and their career transition through different functions. Luckily one of the interviewer was an alum and we also chatted about his experience at college. Overall it was a great session and I was fairly confident that I will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • As soon as I entered the room one of the interviewer said "Tell me 5 things that people most like and 5 things that people most hate about you before you take a seat". I stumbled for first few seconds because I wasn't expecting it. But it all went very well after that.   Answer Question
    No scope for salary negotiations. However, you may be able to negotiate on your place of posting and designation.

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GAIL in May 2009.

Existing Employer Details, Why I want to Join the Employer, Salary Package Details,

Interview Questions
    • Why i want to join the employer when the salary package is less than the existing employer   View Answer