GAIN Capital

GAIN Capital Interview Questions

2.9

FX Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GAIN Capital.

4 managers interviewed on me on one day. Offered me the position on the spot.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GAIN Capital.

The process was ok, four interviews. They will claim they want to bring in external talent into an organization that is inbred, but once there you will be given nothing to do. They tend to bait and switch in the interview process fairly regularly, withdrawing the actual on-staff position and offering contracting instead, so they can do a "try before you buy."

Treasury Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GAIN Capital in April 2013.

I received an email to set up a phone interview with HR. The next day I received an email from HR requesting an on-site interview. I was supposed to meet with three people, Treasury manager, Team Leader and Treasury Director and was scheduled in for an hour and a half. The interview was very laid back, no real technical questions more about fit and open conversation. I waited nearly 20-30 minutes in between when my first interview ended and the second person arrived. Was told by the director the interview went well but no offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GAIN Capital in July 2010.

I met with two very junior admins who were extremely pleasant in nature. The HR director asked about my past experience and was very interested in what I can bring to the company. She then reviewed my salary history and said that my past pay is higher than hers. It seems that this company would rather get junior level individuals then pay an experienced person.

The office was clean and modern.

Client Services/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GAIN Capital in May 2009.

The first "interview" was over the phone however it wasn't very formal and not really considered an interview to my standard. I was asked briefly about my background and what my knowledge of the company was. The interviewee went over the job description fully and asked if I was still interested. He then scheduled a date and time for the interview and instructed me to re-send my resume while he would reply with instructions pertaining to the interview (building access, floor and suite #, etc...).

The actual one on one interview was rather standard. Upon arrival I was asked to fill out an application. After I was done I met with 3 seperate interviewees. Two of which seemed genuinely interested in the interview process and the last which was totally disinterested to the point which I overheard one of the interviewees having to cajole him into speaking with me. All in all it lasted about an hours time.

Questions wise, they were standard entry-level interview questions. I tried to prepare myself by using About.com's article of interview questions and I could have sworn that one of the interviewee was using a print out from the website. There were multiple "about yourself" questions that he asked me in sequential order as it appears on their website that rang a bell. There were some technical questions which were finance related though from what I sensed they were not really meant to test your specific knowledge but to test your logic.

Overall, the office seemed professional yet laid back and full of young individuals. Everyone was nice and friendly. I have no complaints about the interview process or the company. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently if you could start your working life over?   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GAIN Capital.

I had 3 interviews altogether. I started with an interview with the head of the London office. Following this, I had a phone interview with the global head of finance and finally a joint phone interview with the head of regulatory reporting and global cfo

All the interviews were very much about checking if I could fit in. There was also a lot more focus on the fact that I had large corporate backgrounds, coming into a small company environment.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think off. There were no technical questions during the process   Answer Question
    I was offerred a salary less than the band that was advertised. That was disappointing and I think they took advantage of the fact that I had not worked outside the industry for a couple of years.

Client Services Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GAIN Capital in November 2009.

The hiring process was very pleasant. I interviewed with three different managers during the first round. The second round was an interview with the director of new sales. He was very passionate about his work and easy to speak with.

Client Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GAIN Capital in August 2009.

Overall not very difficult...asked a lot of questions about your background, if you were hungry....whether or not you liked being on the phones. Wasnt most professional experience but not terrible...asked very few market knowledge questions, was more like a conversation than a thought provoking, probing exchange.