GATX

Updated Sep 26, 2014

3.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GATX.

I interviewed for a Recruiter position that had been posted for quite some time. The initial phone screen with was actually nice, personable and scheduled a time to meet. The interview started off fine, but my interviewer's attitude changed after I answered a question that apparently wasn’t satisfactory to her liking and then the interview became uncomfortable. So unpleasant that I almost stopped in the middle to tell say I wasn’t interested. I’m able to handle rough interviews and challenging questions, but my interviewer's attitude was rude and found it to be quite unprofessional. Needless, I had no interest working there afterwards and did not care to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, but the negative tone made it uncomfortable and body language made it difficult to sit there any longer than I had to.   Answer Question

Market Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GATX in December 2010.

Interviewed by three different people. It took about 2 hours and wasn't very intimidating at all. I'm glad I went through the process and I'm glad I took the job. The interviewers were my immediate supervisor, and a few other people.

Corporate Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GATX in March 2010.

I initially contacted GATX about the possibility of interviewing for the GATX Corporate Rotational Program. They responded promptly and we set up a date and time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, though they called a day earlier than planned. We pretty much reviewed my resume and my experiences. About a week later I was contacted with the news that I had been invited for a second interview at their Chicago offices. My Chicago interview consisted of 6 one on one interviews and lunch with my would be peers. The questions were almost all behavioral as well as a few to see if I had researched the company efficiently. Overall it was what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were able to keep a group from heading in the wrong direction.   Answer Question