GC Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GC Services (North Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Application date 4/29/15 for "data entry" on Indeed. Called me 05/21/15 for simple eligibility telephone interview. Honestly, it had been like a month and I forgot I applied for that job. The job is basically a bill collector for people that defaulted their student loans. Monday through Friday, 8-4 PM. Department of Education contract. $11.31 an hour. Was told I would receive a call in the next day to schedule interview. Received call from someone different, interview scheduled for 5/27/15. Went in with resume, extra paper, and references, and the receptionist gave me a simple application to fill out and other stuff like background check and tax info. Filled that out, sent to computer lab for a "survey". Finished that, met with two people that interviewed me. Very laid back, professional people. They asked me a list of behavioral questions. They liked the answers that I had. Just being yourself is the best thing to do. They hire just about anyone. I don't have tattoos or piercings, and I have office experience, so I felt more confident than I initially felt before I went there and saw the variety of people they hire. I felt like the interview went well, but then I didn't get the "let's do a second interview" or "here are your drug test papers" that other people there seemed to be getting. They said they'd call me before the end of the week for a second interview, and I was all "I'll be checking on my status in two weeks..." This all happened to me today. I thought they didn't want to hire me because I said I quit on my last boss for sexual harassment. Then BOOM a couple of hours after I left the place, they call me and offer me a job. I accepted and they emailed me drug test papers for the next 24 hours and they're getting me in this coming Monday!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem without all of the data needed present...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GC Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weldon Spring, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services (Weldon Spring, MO).

Interview

Call to set up a appointment, pass a couple test, and then quick interview explaining the job and a job offer telling you the hours job description and the schedule and they give you a paper to go take a drug test and tell you when the training class start and thats it you got it, they hire almost everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GC Services (El Paso, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Went in for initial interview early February, basic interview questions. Had just missed deadline for new training class, and was told the next class would begin in a couple months. Got a call back mid april. Went in for second interview. This time questions were more about flexibility (what hours you could work.) Was told to go to another office to "continue the interview process" and was immediately offered job on arrival. Finally signed some papers, took a saliva test, and was hired.

Interview Questions

• During the nesting phase we require everyone to work one weekend day every week, will this be a problem for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GC Services (Huntington, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a nice interview and the people there are very nice. I applied through their website and got a call for an interview. went there and filled forms and took an assessment on the computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services (Mesa, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email to come in for testing. When you enter, do not have a phone on your person. This company deals with proprietory information that CANNOT be leaked out and it is NOT smart to start off disobeying the one rule they have there. No cell phones. You will sign in and be taken to a room with computers and tested in various areas. If you do not have 2 hours to spare, come in when you do have the time. They are very flexible in their times. After this you will be interviewed, if you pass the testing aspect. Then you will either be offered a position or not. You then meet with HR about your next steps and training.

Interview Questions

• Very relaxed atmosphere. Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just know what the position you are applying for intels.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, everyone starts out the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copperas Cove, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GC Services (Copperas Cove, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

There was initial application then a interview with top manager of location then an interview with another manager lasted about two hours then couple days later they gave me an offer had to go there to do drug test and fill out paperwork n give id's started the following week

Interview Questions

• How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to someone that don't know how   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process for this posistiom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services (Mesa, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

Walk-In, filled out 2 forms, one with basic information and one with about 5 typical interview questions. After submitting this information I was told of an opportunity available with their company and was I interested. I said yes, so they took me to a computer terminal and had me fill out an application, do a typing, computer skills and personality test. Then I was asked if I was available to interview, which I responded yes. After waiting a few minutes a manager interviewed me one on one and then offered me the job. I waited a few minutes longer and met with an HR person who explained some simple rules and told me where to go for a drug test. I signed some documents and was on my way. Start to finish it took me 4 hours (including drive time and going to take the drug test). I was impressed with the staff, the building and the hiring process so I took the job offered. Very nice people and the employees looked happy.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the last time you had a upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What do you think is an exceptiable amount of time to miss work or be tardy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you have to sign a document right up front that you are ok with 9.50 an hour. They do give you benefits after 90 days and 2.00 more per hour if you work outside of 6am to 6pm, or on weekends.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services in January 2012.

Interview

My interview consisted of just talking to my interviewer rather than talking about the job. We talked about family, kids, vacationing etc, but not the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Laughable

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services in February 2009.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview. After a wk, I was invited for face to face interview. The interview was pretty easy. Just common interviews.