GC Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GC Services (North Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Application date 4/29/15 for "data entry" on Indeed. Called me 05/21/15 for simple eligibility telephone interview. Honestly, it had been like a month and I forgot I applied for that job. The job is basically a bill collector for people that defaulted their student loans. Monday through Friday, 8-4 PM. Department of Education contract. $11.31 an hour. Was told I would receive a call in the next day to schedule interview. Received call from someone different, interview scheduled for 5/27/15. Went in with resume, extra paper, and references, and the receptionist gave me a simple application to fill out and other stuff like background check and tax info. Filled that out, sent to computer lab for a "survey". Finished that, met with two people that interviewed me. Very laid back, professional people. They asked me a list of behavioral questions. They liked the answers that I had. Just being yourself is the best thing to do. They hire just about anyone. I don't have tattoos or piercings, and I have office experience, so I felt more confident than I initially felt before I went there and saw the variety of people they hire. I felt like the interview went well, but then I didn't get the "let's do a second interview" or "here are your drug test papers" that other people there seemed to be getting. They said they'd call me before the end of the week for a second interview, and I was all "I'll be checking on my status in two weeks..." This all happened to me today. I thought they didn't want to hire me because I said I quit on my last boss for sexual harassment. Then BOOM a couple of hours after I left the place, they call me and offer me a job. I accepted and they emailed me drug test papers for the next 24 hours and they're getting me in this coming Monday!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem without all of the data needed present...   Answer Question

Human Resources Generist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GC Services (Irwindale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called in for the interview passes the skills test still waiting on the results of the background check it's been two weeks now. I am no criminal and have no record so I don't know what's taking so long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weldon Spring, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services (Weldon Spring, MO).

Interview

Call to set up a appointment, pass a couple test, and then quick interview explaining the job and a job offer telling you the hours job description and the schedule and they give you a paper to go take a drug test and tell you when the training class start and thats it you got it, they hire almost everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GC Services (El Paso, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Went in for initial interview early February, basic interview questions. Had just missed deadline for new training class, and was told the next class would begin in a couple months. Got a call back mid april. Went in for second interview. This time questions were more about flexibility (what hours you could work.) Was told to go to another office to "continue the interview process" and was immediately offered job on arrival. Finally signed some papers, took a saliva test, and was hired.

Interview Questions

• During the nesting phase we require everyone to work one weekend day every week, will this be a problem for you?   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GC Services (Wellington, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very impersonal. The recruiter seemed like she wasn't interested in hiring anyone. She seemed like she was just reading word for word off the paper in front of her. I never even got her name because she never mentioned it. I left there feeling unsure and wondering why she let whatever problems she was dealing with interfere with possible new hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GC Services (Huntington, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a nice interview and the people there are very nice. I applied through their website and got a call for an interview. went there and filled forms and took an assessment on the computer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GC Services in December 2014.

Interview

Complete application, schedule interview, come to interview, take tests on computer, get referral to get a drug test, this it took a month before I was hired. The person that interviewed me was very friendly and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• What would make want to continue your employment with a company?   1 Answer

Collections Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GC Services.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview, then a 2 hour "application process" followed by the 1st interveiw. If they feel you are qualified they submit you for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have been critized and how you over came that.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GC Services (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Hard-had to take survey. The person came into the room and said I looked shy. There were lots of things to learn and wasn't sure I could do them because I'm not outgoing. Was a bit judgmental to be honest.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GC Services (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

I saw an add in the paper for the Customer Service Rep Inbound Call Center around May 2008. I went to the office and filled out the application for employment. I took a typing test and had an interview with the head of QA at the time. I had been in a call center During the interview I was told hourly wage and how attendance was important and benefits,etc. He shook my hand told me where to go for the drug test and have it done before the Monday. the next day I went and had my drug test and on May 27th 2008 I started training class.