GCE Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
14 interviews

2.2

Financial Management Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GCE.

Applied through a friend. It was very quick. All the usual. They make you take a test like an IQ test. It was not all that hard, but I can not see why it was necessary. They really needed people at the time from what I heard because of turnover.

Interview Questions

I talked to some people and learned that the company was in hard times.

Employee Interview

Applied online and got a call several days after to set up an on-site interview with several people from different departments. An easy one overall. and they made a hiring decision in a day or two. Fast process.

Custodial Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GCE in July 2014.

Completed online application, submitted résumé then a face to face interview. Second interview was scheduled at completion of first interview. The finalist will be sent for drug testing and background.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what happened when you worked in a team.

What happens when one team member doesn't show up.

Why do you want to work here?
        Answer Question

Financial Management Analyst Interview

They were glad to get a warm body in the door.

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in December 2012.

Was approached by headhunter on openings at GCE based on my background. Quick 30 min phone interview with CTO. After a successful interview, they asked that I go in for on-site interview. The interview took 5.5 hours and was with HR, 2 directors (separately), their security team, and the CTO. Entire time it was not clear what role they would like me to fill.

Received raved reviews and was asked to apply for Infrastructure Architect role and come back to speak with CEO as the role would be custom created. Went back a week later for CEO interview and was told I would be talking with the existing "network person", CTO, then CEO. Technical interview was straight forward. Afterwards, I was informed that the CTO was not available so I spoke with the former CTO. Former-CTO did not know what position I was applying for and was following path of questions irrelevant to the Infrastructure Architect position. Half way through the interview, I had to stop him to clarify and steered the discussion back on course. After interview with former-CTO, I was informed that both CTO and CEO have left for the day. (VERY unprofessional)

Again received raved reviews and was told there is a strong interest in me and made a verbal offer 10k lower than what I feel is my worth. I was still considering since I would be helping to build the team from scratch. Was asked to forward my college transcript from 14+ years ago. After many days of no communication, I was told I was no longer being considered for the position because of my transcript. Never mind that was over a decade ago, I have had 18+ years of very successful experience, and I was able to solve two issues they have been experiencing during the interviews.

Complete waste of time. If something as arbitrary as transcript from over a decade ago will make the determination, than ask for it up front when you show an interest. If you ask someone to take off work to come in to talk to your CEO, have the decency to make sure he is available. Especially when I had verified the interview was still occurring earlier in the day due to icy road conditions.

Interview Questions
    • We've been experiencing issues with "X"; how would you troubleshoot it and what is the fix?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in August 2008.

The interview process was details. The interviewer had good know of the technology.....

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GCE in November 2010.

I was contacted by HR and invited for an interview over the phone. I was interviewed by HR and a manager, then interviewed by two senior executives. Two weeks later I was offered a position and salary over the telephone and accepted the offer. The start date was six weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous professional experience in BD and grants writing relate to the IT industry?   View Answer
    Be sure to get the offer and salary in writing.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at GCE in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter from GCE and we scheduled a call for last wednesday evening. The recruiter missed the call - with no explanation or apology - so I reached out to schedule it for the next evening. We had a 20 minute conversation and then discussed interviewing face-to-face with the managers onsite the following Friday after 12:00pm. I reached out every day for 5 days - phone calls and emails - to say thank you, follow up, and ask about the interview schedule. The recruiter never called or emailed me back. I guess they are no longer interested? Unprofessional behavior.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GCE in February 2010.

Over all it was easy but entails several background and personal info in the question. The skill test was easy. The first two 1:1 interviews were ok. The last one was with one of the upper mgmt and looked mad at first, then realized it's the nature.

Interview Questions
    Very little room on negotiation.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in October 2011.

I applied online and had a 30 minute interview with a recruiter. She asked me to come in for an in-person interview and we decided on a date and general time frame. However, she never contacted me back with the specific time, and I had already taken off work to travel for this interview. She did not answer emails or phone calls, as did no one else in the human resources department.

Interview Questions
    • What is your interest in financial management software?   Answer Question

Worked for GCE? Contribute to the Community!