GCE

Very Easy Interview

Financial Management Analyst Interview

Financial Management Analyst

Interviewed at GCE

Interview Details – They were glad to get a warm body in the door.

Interview Question – Nothing challenging about this interview process.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in December 2012.

Interview Details – Was approached by headhunter on openings at GCE based on my background. Quick 30 min phone interview with CTO. After a successful interview, they asked that I go in for on-site interview. The interview took 5.5 hours and was with HR, 2 directors (separately), their security team, and the CTO. Entire time it was not clear what role they would like me to fill.

Received raved reviews and was asked to apply for Infrastructure Architect role and come back to speak with CEO as the role would be custom created. Went back a week later for CEO interview and was told I would be talking with the existing "network person", CTO, then CEO. Technical interview was straight forward. Afterwards, I was informed that the CTO was not available so I spoke with the former CTO. Former-CTO did not know what position I was applying for and was following path of questions irrelevant to the Infrastructure Architect position. Half way through the interview, I had to stop him to clarify and steered the discussion back on course. After interview with former-CTO, I was informed that both CTO and CEO have left for the day. (VERY unprofessional)

Again received raved reviews and was told there is a strong interest in me and made a verbal offer 10k lower than what I feel is my worth. I was still considering since I would be helping to build the team from scratch. Was asked to forward my college transcript from 14+ years ago. After many days of no communication, I was told I was no longer being considered for the position because of my transcript. Never mind that was over a decade ago, I have had 18+ years of very successful experience, and I was able to solve two issues they have been experiencing during the interviews.

Complete waste of time. If something as arbitrary as transcript from over a decade ago will make the determination, than ask for it up front when you show an interest. If you ask someone to take off work to come in to talk to your CEO, have the decency to make sure he is available. Especially when I had verified the interview was still occurring earlier in the day due to icy road conditions.

Interview Question – We've been experiencing issues with "X"; how would you troubleshoot it and what is the fix?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was details. The interviewer had good know of the technology.....

Interview Question – Why do u want to join GCE?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Proposal Manager Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GCE in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR and invited for an interview over the phone. I was interviewed by HR and a manager, then interviewed by two senior executives. Two weeks later I was offered a position and salary over the telephone and accepted the offer. The start date was six weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Question – How does your previous professional experience in BD and grants writing relate to the IT industry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be sure to get the offer and salary in writing.

Reston, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at GCE in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from GCE and we scheduled a call for last wednesday evening. The recruiter missed the call - with no explanation or apology - so I reached out to schedule it for the next evening. We had a 20 minute conversation and then discussed interviewing face-to-face with the managers onsite the following Friday after 12:00pm. I reached out every day for 5 days - phone calls and emails - to say thank you, follow up, and ask about the interview schedule. The recruiter never called or emailed me back. I guess they are no longer interested? Unprofessional behavior.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GCE in February 2010.

Interview Details – Over all it was easy but entails several background and personal info in the question. The skill test was easy. The first two 1:1 interviews were ok. The last one was with one of the upper mgmt and looked mad at first, then realized it's the nature.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very little room on negotiation.

Communications Specialist Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and had a 30 minute interview with a recruiter. She asked me to come in for an in-person interview and we decided on a date and general time frame. However, she never contacted me back with the specific time, and I had already taken off work to travel for this interview. She did not answer emails or phone calls, as did no one else in the human resources department.

Interview Question – What is your interest in financial management software?   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Interviewed at GCE

Interview Details – Previous and current work experience, data analysis and machine learning basic skills.
How do you know the company? How do you think the company? Talking about things that the company is doing right now.

Interviewed at GCE

Interview Details – Somewhat informal process. Seems these days you have to be from Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell, or Virginia Tech to get hired. Skills assessment is more like a lack of skills assessment. "If a car is going at 60 mph, how fast is it going?" Hmmmm......

Interview Question – Explain to me where you want to go in life.

To Disney World?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Impossible. They have a number that is stuck to you like your cholesterol levels. Awkward negotiation, they always come back with "We want to give you the opportunity to grow".

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCE in March 2012.

Interview Details – First, they have a phone interview. Then I was brought on-site. Roughly 5 or 6 interviewed me. Only one interviewer, who is a software engineer, asked me about some technical questions like sorting, reference, OOP, virtual function... The rest are more about resume or a description of the company.

Interview Question – How do you deal with "event" in GUI designing?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GCE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GCE interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by GCE employees and interview candidates.