GCI

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at GCI

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GCI.

Resume was passed foreword from a mutual work contact after a previous job started cutting hours. I hear back by phone in less then a week. The interview covered a wide range of topics: Servers, Networking, Scripting, and basic programming.
    After interviewing with the team lead, I had a second interview with 3 managers of nearby teams. Total of 4 person interview with more in depth technical questions and behavioral Q&A.
    The offer was less then a few days later. I was offered a low salary, but after a bit of back and forth I was given a higher starting wage with a smaller 6 month raise instead.
    Overall the whole process was enjoyable and everyone was incredibly respectful and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question: Automating tasks and passing files between VMs. My answer, power-shell scripts and a central storage location was correct but, was not the answer they were looking for.

Business: They had several questions about optimal price/time quotes as well as a variety of "explain this to non-technical staff". Different then what I was used to, but those types of events happened on the job quite a bit.

Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate what I felt was a low starting salary for a higher one, under the assumption that my 6 month review would include a much smaller pay bump

Integrated Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wasilla, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wasilla, AK

I applied online – interviewed at GCI.

They listen to your voice on the first call to make a decision if you're a candidate.

Interview Questions