GCI

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GCI.

Interview Details – Resume was passed foreword from a mutual work contact after a previous job started cutting hours. I hear back by phone in less then a week. The interview covered a wide range of topics: Servers, Networking, Scripting, and basic programming.
After interviewing with the team lead, I had a second interview with 3 managers of nearby teams. Total of 4 person interview with more in depth technical questions and behavioral Q&A.
The offer was less then a few days later. I was offered a low salary, but after a bit of back and forth I was given a higher starting wage with a smaller 6 month raise instead.
Overall the whole process was enjoyable and everyone was incredibly respectful and nice.

Interview Question – Technical Question: Automating tasks and passing files between VMs. My answer, power-shell scripts and a central storage location was correct but, was not the answer they were looking for.

Business: They had several questions about optimal price/time quotes as well as a variety of "explain this to non-technical staff". Different then what I was used to, but those types of events happened on the job quite a bit.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate what I felt was a low starting salary for a higher one, under the assumption that my 6 month review would include a much smaller pay bump

Very Easy Interview

Integrated Tech Support Interview

Integrated Tech Support
Wasilla, AK

I applied online and interviewed at GCI.

Interview Details – They listen to your voice on the first call to make a decision if you're a candidate.

Interview Question – Where would I see myself in 5 years   View Answer

Worked for GCI? Contribute to the Community!