Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at GCIMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in July 2015.
Applied online Got Email to meet at a conference room at the Job Corp building 2 rounds of interview, a general interview and, if they liked you and thought you were qualified for the second round, a second more technical interview such as if you had any knowledge of electricity, dB and dBm differences, and tower climbing experience
- Was there any situations where your work space was undesirable or difficult to work in? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GCI.
Resume was passed foreword from a mutual work contact after a previous job started cutting hours. I hear back by phone in less then a week. The interview covered a wide range of topics: Servers, Networking, Scripting, and basic programming. After interviewing with the team lead, I had a second interview with 3 managers of nearby teams. Total of 4 person interview with more in depth technical questions and behavioral Q&A. The offer was less then a few days later. I was offered a low salary, but after a bit of back and forth I was given a higher starting wage with a smaller 6 month raise instead. Overall the whole process was enjoyable and everyone was incredibly respectful and nice.
- Technical Question: Automating tasks and passing files between VMs. My answer, power-shell scripts and a central storage location was correct but, was not the answer they were looking for. Business: They had several questions about optimal price/time quotes as well as a variety of "explain this to non-technical staff". Different then what I was used to, but those types of events happened on the job quite a bit. Answer Question
I was able to negotiate what I felt was a low starting salary for a higher one, under the assumption that my 6 month review would include a much smaller pay bump
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at GCI (Wasilla, AK).
They listen to your voice on the first call to make a decision if you're a candidate.
- Where would I see myself in 5 years 1 Answer