GCM Grosvenor

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant – Software Development Interview

Consultant – Software Development

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GCM Grosvenor.

Interview Details – First step is a 24 hours deadline programming assignment.(Some contrived problem about foods and ingredients).

Second step is an in-house interview where they show you a badly designed class and you must fix it. You also get to meet 2 teams of managers and you have to be ready to answer some boring questions (Where do you want to be in 5 years? etc.)

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company was adamant about salary and start date

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GCM Grosvenor in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of interviews, one on campus and the second on-site in Chicago. I was not asked a single technical question, only fit-based questions. Each interview started with some small talk and transitioned to "walk me through your resume".

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at GCM Grosvenor

Interview Details – Just walk through my resume, nothing particular. People are friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular. Very basic questions   Answer Question

Marketing & Investor Relations Analyst Interview

Marketing & Investor Relations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GCM Grosvenor.

Interview Details – The interview was straightforward. The position and its responsibilities were discussed most.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Investments Intern Interview

Investments Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GCM Grosvenor.

Interview Details – My superday included six thirty minute interviews, each with a different VP. Most of the questions were fairly basic and almost all the questions asked were behavioral. Nothing you wouldn't expect. Know your resume inside and out.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a project you were apart of that had a negative outcome.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GCM Grosvenor in September 2011.

Interview Details – My interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions. In addition, he asked a few technical questions about finance but they were fairly simple.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to take the initiative in a group setting.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GCM Grosvenor? Contribute to the Community!

GCM Grosvenor – Why Work for Us?

We put clients and their interests first. GCM Grosvenor is one of the world’s largest and most diversified independent alternative asset management firms. We have been managing alternative investment portfolios on… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GCM Grosvenor interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by GCM Grosvenor employees and interview candidates.