GDS International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.5

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GDS International (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was relatively breezy. They want people who are personable, have some character, personality, and would ideally be good on the phone. Talk about your time in team sports or your entreprenuerial spirit. Also, be exciting to speak to. This job requires a lot of enthusiasm as you will be selling all the time.

AV Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GDS International in May 2015.

Interview

Received call a few days after applying online. Initial phone interview went well, then met face to face two days later. Then a final video conference interview with home office, I had the option to do the video conference at their location or on my own. Overall the interview process was well organized.

International Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GDS International.

Interview

The whole thing took like a week. Really easy process. Came in one day, asked a lot of questions which I think they liked, got a second interview in 3 days, got hired literally an hour later. Really easy.

Delegate Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GDS International (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Will probe your personality a bit, but be yourself and demonstrate common sense. Dress professionally, and be able to explain your resume in detail. They will ask about your college, sales experience/basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about rejection?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GDS International.

Interview

HR looked like their were going Bowling and ready for interview,,, Not in a google or Apple kind of way. GDS sells Marketing events but needs to learn to be professional in order to sell to professionals.!! Can you say SMOKE and Mirrors!!! No Brand can survive like that.

International Sales Executive Interview

Application

interviewed at GDS International in January 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview and 2 office interviews, currently in 1st training week so will see how it goes, I have read a lot of bad reviews, but I have no issues to report so far. I will update in about 2-3 weeks after my first pay check. I have declined other offers and told everyone about my new job so I hope this is really training week and not an audition week. I was promised no bait and switch in the interview and was giving a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Only one difficult question. it was more about getting a feel for me and explaining what the job was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, I was satisfied with initial offer, I will negotiate when I'm in a stronger position i.e: when I prove my self. it is a performance based job.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GDS International (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

two interviews. nothing out of the norm - basic questions. they were honest and upfront and I appreciated they're communication. professional across the board

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GDS International (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter the next morning. Interviewed me right away on the phone for a few minutes. Called me in for a 1:1 interview within the next two days, called and emailed me a couple of hours later with a job offer.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GDS International (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Fine interview- pretty generic. No real "thoughtful" or tough questions. Atmosphere of work environment was definitely not my style, but can see how others would fit in better. (Must like answering to numbers- which I didn't see as relevant for an event manager... but it seems to be an extremely sales oriented place.)

Conference Coordniator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GDS International in February 2012.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview on three different occasions. The whole hiring process took a little over 2 weeks. First interview was with the HR manager with simple questions and took 5 minutes in total. Second interview was in the conference room with two different managers in NY on Skype. Those same managers I never spoke to again during the duration of my time at GDS. Last interview was with the conference director. Not too professional more of a amicable experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered 30K and hoped for 40K, asked for 35K and got 32K