GE

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2014.

Applicants were questioned one-on-one. Interviewer asked questions such as whether the interviewee had previous experience using manufacturing equipment, hands-on automotive work, managing co-workers and processes. Interview lasted for about 10 minutes. Another interview would follow given the candidate met their requirements.

Ops Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

When they decide to move ahead, they really move. Got a call and did a phone interview and a week later they flew me out. The interview consisted of hoping around through maybe 6-8 interview sessions, a short tour with a disgruntled Union employee and that was it. I had maybe two follow up phone calls, one an interview with the plant manager and that was all she wrote. I thought it would be harder....

They asked what i wanted and I'd never been asked that before and they gave me much more than I had planned on, but cost of living is greater out here as well.

REDP 10 Week Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE in February 2014.

Selected for an on campus interview after submitting through university career website. Called back in a few weeks for interview (Renewable Energy Leadership Development Program) on campus. Received call back for this program for full time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions Included for 10 week internship program:
      Behavioral Questions, Resume Run Through
      Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about the renewable energy industry? (I.e. passion for renewable energy)
      Why renewable energy development program?
      Explain a time when you used a logical approach to solve a problem?
      When have you failed to meet an objective?
      What is your biggest weakness?

Answer Question

My credentials were more than what the internship wanted, and since I was looking for full time, they pushed me to interview for the full time development program (2 yr program).
    They then flew me out to Schenectady for the interview for the full time program, not the 10 week internship program.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in June 2012.

A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Questions
    • Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Global Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in March 2012.

Hiring Manager asked several behavior questions, like how to handle conflicts between you and colleagues, example. And some technical questions related to the position. Then asked to do a phone presentation on my research work I had been doing.

Business Transitions Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GE in February 2012.

I interviewed for two different positions: first on the Communications team, a role which I wasn't offered, and subsequently on the Business Transitions team, which I was considerably happier about and accepted as soon as the role was offered. The process started with a phone call from HR about 2 weeks after I had submitted my application through both my universtiy and the GE Careers website. I elected to interview one week following the phone call. The interview (with the Communications team) consisted of 2 group interviews and a one-on-one interview with the team leader. The atmosphere was quite relaxed, and the questions asked were quite standard fare. I found out 2 days after that I didn't get this position but was being considered for a different one on another team. One week later, I interviewed for the Business Transitions intern role, and had a similar 3 panel interview, which was again fairly relaxed. Two days after the interview, I received a call from HR and my offer letter a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict within a team.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations for this position; however, I did hear that another intern stated upfront that he would only be able to spend 9 months in the position instead of the customary/required 12 months, and he was still offered te position.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview not conducted by direct boss but by underlings. Very strange since after been hired direct manager started manipulating me and playing games. It seemed the chemistry was not there and decided to lay obstacles for my exit. On interview was promised training by mentor but after been hired you discover that you are on your own. On yearly review manager complained I asked too many questions which caused disruptions. Explained it was caused by my curiosity and total lack of training but was totally ignored.

Interview Questions
    • Even though company building product for over 100m years, lack of communication within departments, personal territorial boundaries, politics gets on the way of quality product and achieving personal goals.   Answer Question

Mechanical/Materials Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at GE in November 2011.

I got the initial phone call about three months after my online application. This consisted of a general check of my experience, as well as my career goals. Based on that, I was then asked to give a presention on the phone about my thesis work. This was limited to about an hour and consisted of some technical questions asked by a group of three staff members plus the hiring manager. Then they wanted me to come in and give another presentation in person, as well as do group/individual interviews. The hiring manager was clear about what he wanted in the phone presentation, but less clear about the on-site presentation. I messed this up by not asking enough questions, so make sure you are 100% clear on what they are looking for. The people there were generally nice, but seem a little cold and distant. Since I met with about 10 people that day, I think that it was intentional and part of the way that GE interview, so I would not let yourself be discourage by that. It is a corporate culture and there are some things that go with that, but there is a lot of room to move up in the company and the feeling I got is that they expect you to do just that. Being able to communicate effectively is a big deal both on a personal and a group level.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE in October 2011.

I had a face-to-face interview with GE Corporate. I met individually with about 8 guys - different managers including the hiring manager. Then I interviewed over the phone with the CIO. At the end, he informed me that the key qualification that they are looking for was someone who could interact with the off-shore team of Oracle DBAs in India. I asked him how large was that group - he said 89 DBAs. There were very few DBAs on-site.

Interview Questions
    • What 3 people, dead or alive, would you like to meet?   View Answer
    • What element of a job is most important to you?   View Answer
    • Why didn't use Oracle 11g instead of 10g at your last job? Its been out for over a year.   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in October 2010.

Applied via the career site on ge.com. Was called and had a phone screening/interview with the recruiter. Was contacted a few days later to schedule an onsite interview. On site interview included 3 sperate interviews: 1 on 1 with potential boss as well as 2 group (2-3 people) panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario/job experience where you improved or bettered a process. What did you do, what was the outcome and did the company maintain the process improvements you made?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, but would definitely recommend it!