GE Appliances & Lighting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adv Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Adv Manufacturing Engineer
Louisville, KY

I interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very similar to Big Three Automotive Industry

Interview Question – not really   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school and career fair. The interview was the day after the career fair.

Interview Question – Usual Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

GE Appliances Co-op Interview

GE Appliances Co-op
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of one interview at Purdue University during its co-op day/career fair. Employers come looking mostly for engineering students to co-op with them. Interview was signed up for through co-op office. Interview was 30 minutes long and was given by one person. She asked generic, non/technical questions and took notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in September 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter on campus, then applied online and was asked to interview that same week.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting.

Interview Details – Resume and portfolio submission and two interviews. First interview was with direct manager, other interns and staff. Second interview with head of department.

Interview Question – Cannot remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Interns received set hourly rate without benefits.

Edison Engineer Interview

Edison Engineer
Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with about 8 other candidates with different starting times/graduation times. Had 4 interviews including HR Manager, actual Manager, and 2 technical people.

Interview Question – Differentiate an equation. I had to show how to differentiate an equation to the HR Manager who had very little knowledge of calculus.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting salary was non-negotiable since it was a leadership/development program.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Louisville, KY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Called for an on campus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Marketing/Sales Co-op Interview

Marketing/Sales Co-op
East Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in November 2011.

Interview Details – They were very interested in finding out what I knew about GE, the business in general, the executives, recent news, ect. Future plans are pretty big too. They want to know where you see yourself in the future especially if you have looked into some of the leadership programs GE has to offer.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Louisville, KY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in January 2012.

Interview Details – After having gone through the issue of work experience not actually equating to the perception of a degree, I pointedly asked the HR resource who did the initial phone screen to ensure that this was not an issue prior to continuing and wasting everyone's time.
So much for that. As soon as I said I did not have an Engineering degree the thoughts of an offer disappeared. After noting that I had come from the IT side of the world I may as well have hung up.
This after the hiring manager missed the first scheduled interview - due to not having it on his calendar. Then when he started this one, he didn't have a clue as to who I was or even sure what position I was applying for.
Disappointing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were involved in process development.   Answer Question

Business Team Leader Interview

Business Team Leader
Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in June 2011.

Interview Details – invited to a job event, became interested in the company. had a phone interview, very short. had interview at the company with 4 different people. 2 shop operations managers, 2 quality managers. a mixture of specific job questions and behavioral questions. had approx. 25 minutes per interviewee.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GE Appliances & Lighting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Appliances & Lighting interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Appliances & Lighting employees and interview candidates.