GE Appliances & Lighting

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting.

Met them at a career fair and scheduled an on campus interview. They just asked a bunch of behavioral questions. I was new to the whole interviewing process so I went in completely unprepared. Looking back nothing was challenging had I done a little preparation on things to talk about

Technology Co-op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting.

Initial communications was at a NSBE networking event at university. Obtained interview at second encounter with recruiter at university career fair. Interview was held the day after career fair on campus. Interview questions were entirely behavioral. Most technical question was to describe a project I had worked on relating to my major.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with someone you worked with.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting.

I was able to schedule an interview through my university's CareerEngine and by attending the on-campus career fair as well. It was actually only the second interview I had ever gotten, and I was not familiar of the process, so I thought that the recruiter (Mechanical Engineering graduate) was going to ask me about my studies and technical experience. On the contrary, all of the interview was behavioral based and I learned the lesson that one must learn to present his/her self as a person rather than to spend time on what the company has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1) What is your proudest achievement?
      2) Tell me about a time when ...
        View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in October 2013.

Applied through school and career fair. The interview was the day after the career fair.

Supply Chain Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in September 2013.

I stopped at the GE booth at my Career Fair.
    The recruiter asked me to come in for an interview.
    It was entirely behavior, and not that bad.
    Be sure to use S.A.R.
    they are definitely look for that
    Don't leave without asking a question.
    And they actually expect that you not answer questions too
    quickly. (think about it) Like before I left, the interviewer took the time to tell me
    that that's one thing I did that she was looking for!

Interview Questions
    • 1. What's the worst criticism you have ever received?
      - I had to take a moment. Because here you're showing what other people thing of you, how you take it shows what you think of yourself and how you actually are. It was such a loaded question for a sentence of such few words!
        Answer Question
    no negotiation, good offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting.

Resume and portfolio submission and two interviews. First interview was with direct manager, other interns and staff. Second interview with head of department.

Interview Questions
    None. Interns received set hourly rate without benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in September 2012.

Spoke with a recruiter on campus, then applied online and was asked to interview that same week.

GE Appliances Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in February 2012.

Hiring process consisted of one interview at Purdue University during its co-op day/career fair. Employers come looking mostly for engineering students to co-op with them. Interview was signed up for through co-op office. Interview was 30 minutes long and was given by one person. She asked generic, non/technical questions and took notes.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in January 2012.

After having gone through the issue of work experience not actually equating to the perception of a degree, I pointedly asked the HR resource who did the initial phone screen to ensure that this was not an issue prior to continuing and wasting everyone's time.
    So much for that. As soon as I said I did not have an Engineering degree the thoughts of an offer disappeared. After noting that I had come from the IT side of the world I may as well have hung up.
    This after the hiring manager missed the first scheduled interview - due to not having it on his calendar. Then when he started this one, he didn't have a clue as to who I was or even sure what position I was applying for.
    Disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were involved in process development.   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Appliances & Lighting in November 2011.

They were very interested in finding out what I knew about GE, the business in general, the executives, recent news, ect. Future plans are pretty big too. They want to know where you see yourself in the future especially if you have looked into some of the leadership programs GE has to offer.