GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Interview Details – Nice and pleasent meeting and review with several individuals from different departments.
There were no unexpected questions, but then again it means that i was very well prepared for the interview. I knew exactly what to ask.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Three month

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Senior FP&A Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Negotiation Details – Offer letter with no negotiation.

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – GE was scrambling to staff a smart meter project. After a brief chat with a Lead Engineer, I interviewed 1:1 with a few of the staff and started as a contractor a few weeks later. I went through the same process again about 13 months later to convert to full time.

Interview Question – It was a pretty standard interview, no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard, I asked for a $5k bump, got verbal agreement and it was missing in the paper version. It took a little pressure to get the agreed to amount.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – STAR question

Interview Question – Most difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in July 2009.

Interview Details – HR Manager called to setup the interview with the hiring manager a day after I submitted my application. Hiring Manager asked standard questions- Resume walk, key projects, why GE etc". It was very conversational. However, I did not hear back until two weeks. Was called on-site for 1:1 interviews and a panel interview. Standard questions again around difficult situations colleagues, matrixed org etc. I was made an offer after 3months.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and what would you do if you disagree with your managers suggestions to improve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Question – Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – Get an internal person to sponsor you if possible, All jobs are posted ont he internet...don't hesitate to apply. No set style - just depends on hiring manager. I interviewed with 3 people, 1 on 1. But have conducted panel style interviews for people I have hired.

Negotiation Details – long-time to get it finalized

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Six Sigma Black Belt
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – I was hired through one of GE's leadership programs. GE uses behavioral based interviewing and follows a standard interview format of a 2 minute intro, 20 minute interview, 5 minutes for questions, and 3 minutes for followup.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you failed to meet your bosses expectations. Basically, take a negative question and answer honestly but still provide a positive spin at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was a leadership program, all program attendees (within my program) entered with the same salary so there wasn't any negotiations necessary

Very Easy Interview

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward, very light on technical questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer letter was for $5k less than I asked for, I asked for my original amount and after some protest the letter was amended.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Supplier Quality Engineer
Marietta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in May 2011.

Interview Details – Planning was good. As soon as applied they expected for me to fly there the next day for interview. Interviewers were nice but tough. Questions were open ended.

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!