GE

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Offer letter with no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GE.

STAR question

No negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Get an internal person to sponsor you if possible, All jobs are posted ont he internet...don't hesitate to apply. No set style - just depends on hiring manager. I interviewed with 3 people, 1 on 1. But have conducted panel style interviews for people I have hired.

long-time to get it finalized

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

I was hired through one of GE's leadership programs. GE uses behavioral based interviewing and follows a standard interview format of a 2 minute intro, 20 minute interview, 5 minutes for questions, and 3 minutes for followup.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you failed to meet your bosses expectations. Basically, take a negative question and answer honestly but still provide a positive spin at the end.   Answer Question
    Since it was a leadership program, all program attendees (within my program) entered with the same salary so there wasn't any negotiations necessary

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE in October 2012.

Nice and pleasent meeting and review with several individuals from different departments.
    There were no unexpected questions, but then again it means that i was very well prepared for the interview. I knew exactly what to ask.

Three month

Soursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in September 2011.

Received an email from the hiring manager wanting to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted only 1 hour. Basic questions about my background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What type of manager do I see myself working for.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that I was wrong in making a decision in my previous job. What was the decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Salary

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in May 2011.

Planning was good. As soon as applied they expected for me to fly there the next day for interview. Interviewers were nice but tough. Questions were open ended.

None

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in December 2010.

Was selected for an interview after talking to a recruiter at an information session. First interview was 1:1 on campus, all behavioral and very laid back. It took approximately 1 month before I found out I had been selected for 2nd round on site interviews. There were three second round interviews, all 1:1 and all behavioral as well.

Interview Questions
    All FMP salaries are the same, so there was no negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE in October 2010.

list of 10-15 behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • what experience do you have in coordinating or leading activities for over 12 months   Answer Question