GE Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Negotiation

Offer letter with no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

STAR question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

GE Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

on campus, on site, possibly phone as well. The process was long, took 2 months or more. On-site interview has a skills test session and behavioral portion. On campus/college interview is only behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• About the market for the business you are applying to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Get an internal person to sponsor you if possible, All jobs are posted ont he internet...don't hesitate to apply. No set style - just depends on hiring manager. I interviewed with 3 people, 1 on 1. But have conducted panel style interviews for people I have hired.

Negotiation

long-time to get it finalized

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was hired through one of GE's leadership programs. GE uses behavioral based interviewing and follows a standard interview format of a 2 minute intro, 20 minute interview, 5 minutes for questions, and 3 minutes for followup.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed to meet your bosses expectations. Basically, take a negative question and answer honestly but still provide a positive spin at the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was a leadership program, all program attendees (within my program) entered with the same salary so there wasn't any negotiations necessary

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Nice and pleasent meeting and review with several individuals from different departments. There were no unexpected questions, but then again it means that i was very well prepared for the interview. I knew exactly what to ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Three month

Soursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Received an email from the hiring manager wanting to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted only 1 hour. Basic questions about my background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager do I see myself working for.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that I was wrong in making a decision in my previous job. What was the decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Salary

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Marietta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Planning was good. As soon as applied they expected for me to fly there the next day for interview. Interviewers were nice but tough. Questions were open ended.

Negotiation

None

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

Was selected for an interview after talking to a recruiter at an information session. First interview was 1:1 on campus, all behavioral and very laid back. It took approximately 1 month before I found out I had been selected for 2nd round on site interviews. There were three second round interviews, all 1:1 and all behavioral as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All FMP salaries are the same, so there was no negotiation.