GE

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Nice and pleasent meeting and review with several individuals from different departments.
    There were no unexpected questions, but then again it means that i was very well prepared for the interview. I knew exactly what to ask.

Three month

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Offer letter with no negotiation.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

GE was scrambling to staff a smart meter project. After a brief chat with a Lead Engineer, I interviewed 1:1 with a few of the staff and started as a contractor a few weeks later. I went through the same process again about 13 months later to convert to full time.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty standard interview, no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question
    Pretty standard, I asked for a $5k bump, got verbal agreement and it was missing in the paper version. It took a little pressure to get the agreed to amount.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GE.

STAR question

No negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE in July 2009.

HR Manager called to setup the interview with the hiring manager a day after I submitted my application. Hiring Manager asked standard questions- Resume walk, key projects, why GE etc". It was very conversational. However, I did not hear back until two weeks. Was called on-site for 1:1 interviews and a panel interview. Standard questions again around difficult situations colleagues, matrixed org etc. I was made an offer after 3months.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and what would you do if you disagree with your managers suggestions to improve?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE.

Get an internal person to sponsor you if possible, All jobs are posted ont he internet...don't hesitate to apply. No set style - just depends on hiring manager. I interviewed with 3 people, 1 on 1. But have conducted panel style interviews for people I have hired.

long-time to get it finalized

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

I was hired through one of GE's leadership programs. GE uses behavioral based interviewing and follows a standard interview format of a 2 minute intro, 20 minute interview, 5 minutes for questions, and 3 minutes for followup.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you failed to meet your bosses expectations. Basically, take a negative question and answer honestly but still provide a positive spin at the end.   Answer Question
    Since it was a leadership program, all program attendees (within my program) entered with the same salary so there wasn't any negotiations necessary

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview was straightforward, very light on technical questions.

Interview Questions
    The offer letter was for $5k less than I asked for, I asked for my original amount and after some protest the letter was amended.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in May 2011.

Planning was good. As soon as applied they expected for me to fly there the next day for interview. Interviewers were nice but tough. Questions were open ended.

None

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!