GE Aviation Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Met at a college student organization national conference, was interviewed on spot with mostly behavioral questions like what is your greatest accomplishment and asked me to tell a time that I had to go with someone else's idea and how I handled the situation. Made it to next round and was invited to on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to pick a part out of the box and describe the boundary conditions of it.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE Aviation

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in November 2012.

First I had an on-campus interview, that was purely behavioral, then on site in Cincinnati, the questions were not technical. About 6 interviews back to back, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • They required each candidate to give a presentation at the beginning.   View Answer

salary was lower than expected, cincinnati is not an attractive city, asked for more time to decide but they declined.

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

Typical Interview.
    Questions:
    What is your greatest accomplishment?
    What was an obstacle you overcame to achieve your goal?
    Describe a situation when you've dealt with a difficult person.
    When were you unhappy with your performance?
    How did you handle a situation when you had too many things to do and not enough time?

Interview Questions
    • When were you disappointed with your performance on a task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in May 2010.

I had a phone screen with the Manager of the section hiring Software EEDPs for GE Aviation where we mostly talked about Cincinnati but also my co-op experiences in school. Because my resume had been mixed up, I had little notice before I found out I was to attend an on-site interview in Grand Rapids, MI where I gave a very strict 5 minute presentation and rotated between 5 interviewers. All interview questions were behavioral. I believe 4 others were interviewing at the same time, with another batch that afternoon and then two batches the next day. After the interviews, our interview group had a set amount of time to build a lego model with the challenge that only one person could leave the room to see the completed model at a time. We then had a box long and presentation.

I heard back a within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Creating a 5-minute presentation about yourself. Strict time limit.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable for EEDP.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in February 2013.

Applied online, with CV, Cover Letter and motivational questions.
    Received a call asking to arrange a phone interview about 2 months later.
    Telephone interview was with a line manager, lasted about 30 minutes, asked:
    -Give me an overview of the courses you have taken, which did you enjoy the most, and which the least, why?
    -Technical details of your final year project
    -Technical details + your role in another group project that you liked
    -Have you had any control experience before and can you tell me a bit about control theory? (Then asked very in depth questions about the coursework I mentioned, couldn't answer some because I didn't review control theory!)

Overall a different type of interview, but good if you know your technical details!
    Will wait a few days to get a response if invited to assessment centre or not...

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about last year's control coursework I hadn't reviewed! It was about an inverted pendulum, and we had to make it stable.   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Aviation in December 2011.

One written test-Technical, one technical interview and on HR interview

Interview Questions
    • You are technically sound and passionate for technology, then why don't you go for a PhD?   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

Questions regarding past experiences I've had leading, communicating, going beyond what is required, being successful, dealing with failure, et cetera. Followup questions were also asked. After about thirty minutes he asked me if I had any questions for him, and I asked what his experience was like in the EEDP. He said it's a rewarding, but very demanding program and that he is happy with where he is now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had a lot of difficulty working with a teammate?
      What could you have done to fix this problem?

Answer Question