GE Aviation

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clearwater, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is lengthy. From the the time I applied for the position, it took 3 weeks to get a phone call. From the time I had the phone interview it took 6 weeks to get the on site interview. The processing of setting up the interview is quite confusing as you end up getting emails from 2 or 3 different people. The person coordinating the interview (Monica) needs to work on her professionalism and diplomacy. The interview was easy, people were friendly, but then last step of the hiring process was horrible! Not much feedback and they do not make you feel excited about joining their team. In fact, they almost make you feel as they would be hiring you because they were asked to hire more engineers but don't really want you there! They need to appreciate it when they find good talent and respect the time of the applicant. The first impression was great but then it went down hill. The manager should have done a better job making the applicant comfortable and wanted by his organization.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you suggested a solution and it didn't work   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The manager should have done a better job making the applicant comfortable and wanted by his organization. It really came down to the manager's attitude. It seems like a decent place to work for but the deal breaker was the last step of the hiring process. Perhaps managers can receive training on how to find good talent, welcome it to the team and retain it. After all attracting and retaining good talent would make a difference in the future of GE Aviation.

Kent, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in December 2010.

Interview Details – Called to schedule an interview and a few days later, I was at the GE Aviation office interviewing face to face.

Interview Question – What do you know about GE Aviation?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Aviation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long with very open ended questions. No feedback even though it was requested.

Interview Question – The "name a time when" questions. There were too many of them.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

Interview Details – first was 2 HR phone interview, talked about details from my Resume, about 45 minutes
After 2 weeks One manager gave me another technical phone interview about 35 minutes

Interview Questions

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in June 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter called a week after application was received and about another week to get an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Technical question, how much experience do I have with composite materials?   Answer Question

Lexington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2008.

Interview Details – Simple questions about my background and degree and several situational questions about how I have handled previous tasks.

Interview Question – What are your strongest skills in this industry   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process included a technical group interview, an interview with the immediate hiring manager and a telephonic interview with the one-on-one manager.

Overall, the interview was of average difficulty and the people were helpful and courteous.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in April 2012.

Interview Details – talked about what I have been doing in my position currently, discussed the position that I was interviewing for and what they expect, etc.

Interview Question – would you be willing to work remotely?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and an on-site interview. The process seemed a little disorganized, as though there was very limited internal coordination and communication. I was invited for an on-site interview approximately two months after the two phone interviews. The on site interview required the better part of the day and consisted of panel interviews with various teams as well as 1:1 interview with management.

The questions asked during the entire interview process were behavior based. There was obviously an approved GE interview playbook, with little variation from the approved questions. Be prepared to answer the same question several times with different panels of interviewers. A typical sampling of questions:

1. Describe a time that your project failed and how you handled it.
2. Tell me about a time when you had trouble receiving criticism.
3. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.
4. Describe a time when you took a risk and how you evaluated your risk.
5. Describe a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it.
6. Tell me three things you are proud/not proud of.

My interview seemed to go well, but after three months I have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that your project failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had trouble receiving criticism.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you took a risk and how you evaluated your risk.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in January 2008.

Interview Details – Found out via recommendation from other Masters student, and did a quick phone interview. I wasn't interested in the position after discussing so I was up front about it and it didn't go any further.

Interview Question – Have you worked with microprocessors before?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Aviation

Worked for GE Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

GE Aviation Videos

GE Aviation – Why Work for Us?

At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Aviation Engineering interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Aviation employees and interview candidates.