GE Aviation

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in March 2012.

The hiring process is lengthy. From the the time I applied for the position, it took 3 weeks to get a phone call. From the time I had the phone interview it took 6 weeks to get the on site interview. The processing of setting up the interview is quite confusing as you end up getting emails from 2 or 3 different people. The person coordinating the interview (Monica) needs to work on her professionalism and diplomacy. The interview was easy, people were friendly, but then last step of the hiring process was horrible! Not much feedback and they do not make you feel excited about joining their team. In fact, they almost make you feel as they would be hiring you because they were asked to hire more engineers but don't really want you there! They need to appreciate it when they find good talent and respect the time of the applicant. The first impression was great but then it went down hill. The manager should have done a better job making the applicant comfortable and wanted by his organization.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you suggested a solution and it didn't work   View Answer

The manager should have done a better job making the applicant comfortable and wanted by his organization. It really came down to the manager's attitude. It seems like a decent place to work for but the deal breaker was the last step of the hiring process. Perhaps managers can receive training on how to find good talent, welcome it to the team and retain it. After all attracting and retaining good talent would make a difference in the future of GE Aviation.

Other Interview Reviews for GE Aviation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in December 2010.

Called to schedule an interview and a few days later, I was at the GE Aviation office interviewing face to face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

first was 2 HR phone interview, talked about details from my Resume, about 45 minutes
    After 2 weeks One manager gave me another technical phone interview about 35 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in June 2010.

Recruiter called a week after application was received and about another week to get an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question, how much experience do I have with composite materials?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE Aviation in May 2010.

initial communication was good. Hiring process took for ever with lost paperwork and no follow up. Delayed start date and no hr on site experienced with my specific issues. Each time i was contacted i was told a different start date. Took over two months to start after my implied availability.

Interview Questions
    • none. repetitive questions during 8 hour interview. Seemed to be no communication.   Answer Question
    salary and benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in March 2010.

Long with very open ended questions. No feedback even though it was requested.

Interview Questions
    • The "name a time when" questions. There were too many of them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2008.

Simple questions about my background and degree and several situational questions about how I have handled previous tasks.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strongest skills in this industry   View Answer

Not enough money

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in April 2012.

talked about what I have been doing in my position currently, discussed the position that I was interviewing for and what they expect, etc.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in September 2011.

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and an on-site interview. The process seemed a little disorganized, as though there was very limited internal coordination and communication. I was invited for an on-site interview approximately two months after the two phone interviews. The on site interview required the better part of the day and consisted of panel interviews with various teams as well as 1:1 interview with management.

The questions asked during the entire interview process were behavior based. There was obviously an approved GE interview playbook, with little variation from the approved questions. Be prepared to answer the same question several times with different panels of interviewers. A typical sampling of questions:

1. Describe a time that your project failed and how you handled it.
    2. Tell me about a time when you had trouble receiving criticism.
    3. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.
    4. Describe a time when you took a risk and how you evaluated your risk.
    5. Describe a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it.
    6. Tell me three things you are proud/not proud of.

My interview seemed to go well, but after three months I have not heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that your project failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had trouble receiving criticism.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took a risk and how you evaluated your risk.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in April 2011.

The interview process included a technical group interview, an interview with the immediate hiring manager and a telephonic interview with the one-on-one manager.

Overall, the interview was of average difficulty and the people were helpful and courteous.