GE Aviation Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people at two different locations. It was super laid back. They mostly asked about school and my previous summer job. HR takes a really long time to get back to you though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE Aviation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my university's career center, only behavioral interview questions, nothing technical. Asked a lot about past project experiences and working in groups. Also asked about how I would deal with certain situations when working in groups. Interview lasted about 40 minutes, fairly relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Aviation (Durham, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions relating to team management and leadership. Met with a supervisor from the company and he went through my experiences/resume and focused on my perception of situations and the actions I took in response to adverse conditions. The interview was casual and not stressful at all. I felt like I was encouraged to be myself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you lead a team and had to make an unpopular decision - what was the result?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. I was offered the position on the spot. The questions were pretty average. Just review the average situational questions before you go into the interview. The person interviewed me was an alumni from the school I currently attend. She was also a member of the same band I am in.

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation (Ellisville, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

I was given clear directions to the facility in a previous email. Upon entering the facility I was promptly (and politely) greeted by security. I arrived about 20 minutes early, so I sat and waited a bit. The waiting area was very nice. My interviewer took me back roughly 5 minutes after our scheduled time (they were conducting several interviews so it was quite understandable). The actual interview was given by two employees. They were both extremely nice and very professional. The entire interview took roughly 30 minutes,

Interview Questions

• The main question that threw me off was something like "Name a time when you were unable to complete a task and how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I met GE Aviation recruiters at a job fair in my school, and was contacted by email for an interview. It was a behaviorial interview, which I was not prepared for at all. I ended up stuttering a lot and telling mediocre stories. Just practice your STAR method and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Applied online and offered interview in two weeks. Questions about past experiences in leadership to really find out who I am. GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for as an intern. Innovation is the key. Know your resume meticulously and emphasize your past experiences

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

One behavioral internview at the SHPE Conference 2011.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

This was just an initial interview after a career fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a gap in your classroom learning that you had to fill in? (As in, you encountered it while working and had to figure it out yourself)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Applied through college website and applied online. Scheduled for an interview a few weeks later. Was offered a couple weeks after that. The interview was pretty standard questions and was very relaxed, more of a test of personality. I was also asked to give preference on location. They also discuss the company and what you would be doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Intern- No negotiation