GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Engineering Co Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Campus recruiting. They scheduled the interview the next day. They were very friendly and approachable. I did not expect to get an interview from them but it was a give away sort of deal.
    The process was easy. you set up a time where you are available the next day and you come in for a one on one interview.

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Great. Very methodical and useful. Spend a lot of time with a lot of managers, essentially a peer interview. If you are a real person, this will show. If you are pretending to be someone else, this is not your interview. As is any interview, do stalker level research on the company you want to work for. You need to know more details about their business than they do. Know where the business is heading, where, and why you think so. Don't be complacent, no matter where the interview goes, lunch, to the shop, to outside, you are always being interviewed. No matter what- if you don't get selected, or feel that you are not what they are looking for, stay professional, courteous, and honest. You don't know what the chemistry they are looking for. Stay in the moment.

Interview Questions
    • Not a specific difficult question- Just an 8 hour interview. Just be yourself, don't lie, and be committed.   Answer Question
    Not professional. Compared my starting wage to others in the company. If you are hiring for an executive position, or middle management, this is very tacky. Everyone with some Business Acumen knows that you negotiate your "raise" when you get hired. Stay firm, do your research, and don't worry about the "pregnant pause". Just be quiet, set your target, and make it happen.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

They promised me travel, big pay raises, and education options, but once I was hired all of that went out the window. I interviewed with several managers and one panel.

Interview Questions
    • They brought out a meshed model and asked where the biggest FEA issues would exist.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a signing bonus but that's about it.

Lead Engineer/Technologist Interview

I saw the job posting a couple of days after it was posted. I applied and was called back the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was later that week, and then in a couple of weeks I flew out for an onsite interview, which lasted most of a full day.

Interview Questions
    • My interviews were mostly with technical staff, so the questions focused on my previous work. It was a very friendly experience.   Answer Question
    I was dithering on my own, and my potential manager suggested I asked for slightly more. The new offer contained exactly what I asked for.

Cell Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE Aviation in July 2014.

Interview went very well. I had a chance to meet a lot of the different business leaders etc. They seemed so very happy about the way the interview went, they had me come back for a full-day shadowing of different employees. At this point people are telling me that I have the job and that they will be very excited to be working with me, and they will get in touch with me ASAP to start the hiring process Four weeks later....FOUR WEEKS LATER someone finally returns my phone call to notify me that the job opening has been canceled. Do not trust a word these people say. They are too worried about the Union firing each and every one of them rather than hiring new people to train.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful situation you've been in?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

The interview process was the most "unique" I've encountered. Most initial interview are a couple of hours long, maybe less. Theirs was a solid 8 hours. It was broken up into 1-hour sessions, each with a different employee/interviewer. Of the eight people I met with, only one was in the group that I would've been working with. Every interviewer had their "cheat sheet" and they all used it verbatim. They all asked the same questions over and over again. The 8-hour interview could have easily been condensed into an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty simple questions, obviously written by the HR department, but each different interviewer kept asking the same questions.   Answer Question

Lead Flight Ops Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation in June 2014.

Applied through university job board, got a mini-phone screen, then invited to their office for a more in-depth panel interview, mostly technical but some standard behavioral. Mostly questions regarding relevant experience. Was then shown a series of questions involving flight dynamics, data (think bits), programming, and trigonometry. You're expected to solve the problem on a whiteboard in front of a panel. They wanted to see mostly your thinking process, but intro engineering and computer science classes should cover the material. Then they take you out for lunch. The interview lasted for a total of 4 hours. Heard no updates from them until 3 months later despite the interview going mostly well and periodically asking for updates. Very unprofessional. There was also a very small company, start-up, software vibe I got from them (used to be Austin Digital Inc); don't expect a professional, engineering culture.

Interview Questions
    • Convert this base-10 number to hexadecimal format. Not difficult, but I struggled with it a bit considering my limited programming background.   Answer Question

Digital Engine Owner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Aviation.

Create GE Careers account, upload résumé and cover letter, apply to desired position

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied on the website, didn't hear back for several months, then got a phone call and request to interview in 2 days. It was a cattle call with around 20 other applicants. We were all separated into individual rooms and received 3 interviews each, which focused on topical areas such as inclusiveness. I received a followup phone interview with a hiring manager I had not met in person, and then another followup phone interview with her manager. I was told on the phone that I would receive an offer. It took about 3 weeks (including negotiation) to receive a final offer.

Interview Questions
    I received an offer via email, countered for a signing bonus via email, and they accepted my counter.

Intern Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. I was offered the position on the spot. The questions were pretty average. Just review the average situational questions before you go into the interview. The person interviewed me was an alumni from the school I currently attend. She was also a member of the same band I am in.