GE Aviation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Engineer/Technologist Interview

Lead Engineer/Technologist

Interviewed at GE Aviation

Interview Details – I saw the job posting a couple of days after it was posted. I applied and was called back the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was later that week, and then in a couple of weeks I flew out for an onsite interview, which lasted most of a full day.

Interview Question – My interviews were mostly with technical staff, so the questions focused on my previous work. It was a very friendly experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was dithering on my own, and my potential manager suggested I asked for slightly more. The new offer contained exactly what I asked for.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Pinellas Park, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – The interview process was the most "unique" I've encountered. Most initial interview are a couple of hours long, maybe less. Theirs was a solid 8 hours. It was broken up into 1-hour sessions, each with a different employee/interviewer. Of the eight people I met with, only one was in the group that I would've been working with. Every interviewer had their "cheat sheet" and they all used it verbatim. They all asked the same questions over and over again. The 8-hour interview could have easily been condensed into an hour and a half.

Interview Question – Pretty simple questions, obviously written by the HR department, but each different interviewer kept asking the same questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Manchester, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process from they very start to finish was smooth. I had no problems throughout, the sequence was explained to me from the beginning and I had to do was to follow the instructions.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any.

Product Definition Engineering Intern Interview

Product Definition Engineering Intern
Lynn, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Simple but it is important that you are able to talk about yourself

Interview Question – Honestly everything was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 week to accept the offer and you had to get a drug test

Digital Engine Owner Interview

Digital Engine Owner

I applied online and interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – Create GE Careers account, upload résumé and cover letter, apply to desired position

Interview Question – What role do you fill when in a team environment?   Answer Question

Test Specialist Interview

Test Specialist
Evendale, OH

I interviewed at GE Aviation in November 2013.

Interview Details – First I interviewed with the manager in the area as well as the lead test specialist. They both questioned me on a few technical things as well as broad questions. The whole interview was fairly painless and lasted about 30 minutes. I think I answered most questions positively except for one, it wasn't a huge deal though. After that, a few weeks later I had an interview with HR, also very laid back. I heard back from them about 2 weeks after the interview with HR.

Interview Question – It was a question related to using a digital multimeter for a specific circuit, I can't remember the full details.   Answer Question

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

Lead Sourcing Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – Applied on the website, didn't hear back for several months, then got a phone call and request to interview in 2 days. It was a cattle call with around 20 other applicants. We were all separated into individual rooms and received 3 interviews each, which focused on topical areas such as inclusiveness. I received a followup phone interview with a hiring manager I had not met in person, and then another followup phone interview with her manager. I was told on the phone that I would receive an offer. It took about 3 weeks (including negotiation) to receive a final offer.

Interview Question – All the questions started with tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received an offer via email, countered for a signing bonus via email, and they accepted my counter.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at GE Aviation

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straight forward. I was offered the position on the spot. The questions were pretty average. Just review the average situational questions before you go into the interview. The person interviewed me was an alumni from the school I currently attend. She was also a member of the same band I am in.

Very Difficult Interview

EID Supply Chain Intern Interview

EID Supply Chain Intern
Clearwater, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GE Aviation in July 2012.

Interview Details – hiring processes was telephone interview and get a good understanding of the people in front of you

Interview Question – what you need from us   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiating the payslip wasn't easy

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was with two managers and an engineer. Mostly behavior questions with a few very basic technical questions. Two weeks later I went for an on site interview which consisted of 6 interviews and a tour of the site. Received an offer 10 business days later. Both interviews had a lot of leadership and situational questions. There was on technical interview during the on site which mostly went back over the phone interview questions.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a C++ vector and linked list and why would you use one over the other.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiations. I was told GE does their homework when extending an offer and there isn't much room to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Aviation

Worked for GE Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

GE Aviation Videos

GE Aviation – Why Work for Us?

At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Aviation interview questions and advice. All 176 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Aviation employees and interview candidates.