GE Aviation

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.9

LIPB Material Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

After applying for the position It took a few weeks to get scheduled for an interview. I show up for the interview and I get a dirty look from the security guard and some lady he was talking to. After waiting a few minutes to meet with my contact I am brought inside for the interview with my contact and two other people. My interviewer read behavior type questions from a piece of paper. Questions like "Describe a time you were disappointed with your performance at work". Or "Tell me about a time you did not get along with a co worker". Only my contact asked me interview questions, another person sat next to me just trying to get a feel for me as I answered questions, and another person sat across from me just staring not saying anything.. Just staring at me as I answered questions (which was quite uncomfortable and awkward). So after the interview my contact walks me back to the lobby, he says the interview went well and he will contact HR and tell his supervisor. I thank him and return to the lobby and sign out at the security desk. Again the security guard gives me a dirty look, then someone insults me as I'm signing out.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time you were disappointed with something you did at work?   Answer Question

EID/Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GE Aviation.

I first had contact with the company at a career fair. I got a call that night from a different representative solely to schedule a local interview for the next morning. The interview itself consisted of two employees relaying a set of situational questions. I got an offer in an email the next day. The personnel that I talked to were knowledgeable, empathetic, and genuinely interested in the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions. I advise being comfortable talking about yourself and your leadership roles in a number of diverse cases.   Answer Question

EEDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

First round on campus, all behavioral. Remember to talk about your own achievements, instead of the project team's achievement. They want to know what you did, not the whole team.
    Second round on site. Whole morning of interviews, mostly behavioral but some questions regarding your knowledge on the industry.

Interview Questions

Not sure yet. Still reviewing all my other offers

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Your standard behavioral based interview. Little reaction from the interviewer. She read from a list of questions and took notes from my answers. She was in HR and NOT an engineer. Not looking for technical information. High emphasis on ability to communicate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were late with a project and what you will do down the road to fix it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Applied online through my university's career center, only behavioral interview questions, nothing technical. Asked a lot about past project experiences and working in groups. Also asked about how I would deal with certain situations when working in groups. Interview lasted about 40 minutes, fairly relaxed.

Engineering Co Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Campus recruiting. They scheduled the interview the next day. They were very friendly and approachable. I did not expect to get an interview from them but it was a give away sort of deal.
    The process was easy. you set up a time where you are available the next day and you come in for a one on one interview.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Received HR email within days of my application, and had the first round phone interview with HR the next day. Mostly generic; covering work experience, education, and salary expectations. Approximately 30 minutes.

A second round phone interview was conducted the following with with the department manager and the software architect. Very techincal interview - both in a technical sense and in a leadership experience sense.

The third round was an all day ordeal in the office. It involved meeting a significant portion of the department, and interviewing in 45 minute increments with most of them. Not quite as technical, much more situational. Still very mentally taxing, but everyone was very nice and supportive.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between C# Generics and C++ Templating, and why is one better than the other/   Answer Question

EID Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

I went to the Career Fair for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and talked to them.

They are all basic situational questions with no technical questions:
    What are some challenges you faced?
    Tell us about one time that you stepped up.
    What is something you are proud of?
    Tell us about yourself.

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Great. Very methodical and useful. Spend a lot of time with a lot of managers, essentially a peer interview. If you are a real person, this will show. If you are pretending to be someone else, this is not your interview. As is any interview, do stalker level research on the company you want to work for. You need to know more details about their business than they do. Know where the business is heading, where, and why you think so. Don't be complacent, no matter where the interview goes, lunch, to the shop, to outside, you are always being interviewed. No matter what- if you don't get selected, or feel that you are not what they are looking for, stay professional, courteous, and honest. You don't know what the chemistry they are looking for. Stay in the moment.

Interview Questions
    • Not a specific difficult question- Just an 8 hour interview. Just be yourself, don't lie, and be committed.   Answer Question
    Not professional. Compared my starting wage to others in the company. If you are hiring for an executive position, or middle management, this is very tacky. Everyone with some Business Acumen knows that you negotiate your "raise" when you get hired. Stay firm, do your research, and don't worry about the "pregnant pause". Just be quiet, set your target, and make it happen.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

They promised me travel, big pay raises, and education options, but once I was hired all of that went out the window. I interviewed with several managers and one panel.

Interview Questions
    • They brought out a meshed model and asked where the biggest FEA issues would exist.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a signing bonus but that's about it.