GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

FMP Full Time Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews-one with HR and one with program leads. The interview with HR was a typical GE interview, all behavioral based questions. The second however, was with the three program leads. One barley stayed awake. The executive interviewer was on his phone half of the interview and asked inappropriate, illegal, and (possibly) discriminatory questions. The last was clearly uncomfortable with what her boss was asking me but went along anyway. I loved the people I worked with and the culture of GE but that interview went against everything GE stands for and made me question why these people are in charge of selecting candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do for a living? Where do your parents live? Out of your intern class, name those who you think aren't a good fit for GE Aviation?   Answer Question

EID/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It was a lot of behavioral questions, which were easy to answer and one question that made you think. It is important to remember to take a moment and think about your answer.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever experience a situation where you had to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Phone Interview conducted by HR and a specialist in welding within the company. Physical Assessment(weld test) given by the company's training section. In person interview conducted with other company personnel.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have for the position? Why do you want to work for GE?   Answer Question

EID/Co-op Interview

Application

Interview

Took place the day after my engineering college's career fair. The interviewer was an alum of my school, which put me at ease. The interview itself wasn't that bad. It lasted a half an hour or so, and we spent a good portion of that just chatting. I know it was just for an internship, but it was still a very low stress interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

site it leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Batesville, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

Had three phone interviews even though I was only an hour away from the place. All phone interviews went great. I was then setup to do an onsite interview. For some reason they want you there all day (guess they can't manage getting everyone in one place at one time). They set up an ALL day interview. I explained I currently work and could not take a full day (I have zero vacation or sick days) and was told they would work with me Then, a couple days later I got an general email stating I was not going to be considered. REALLY? Because I could not sit with folks for an entire day I am no longer what you are looking for? Anyway...Glad I DODGED this bullet and this unprofessional group of people.

Interview Questions

• Do you know hardware and software?   1 Answer

Department Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online for the position, was contacted 2 weeks later. Got email requesting more information on experience, salary needs, etc, Received request for telephone interview, received telephone interview, was requested for in-person interview. Waiting on formal interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your coworkers describe you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks 1. Phone screen 2.Phone interview 3.Onsite interview The process was very relaxing, mainly asked behavorial questions nothing techincal really. Just know your resume! Everyone i interviewed with was extremely nice and had a sense of humor which made the interview run smooth! Great people i can't wait to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavorial they want to know if you can be a team player!   1 Answer

Team Coach Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interviews (a couple) followed by an invite for an in person interview. In person interview was 3-5 panels of people asking behavioral questions. The final in-person interview was with the person in charge of the whole plant and that was very direct and more resume-based. Drug test is presented upon job offer (urine) a bit after the interview. Was given a facility tour, everyone was really friendly and understanding.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest weaknesses, tell me about the moment in your life that you're most proud of. etc. etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

GE came to my university looking for Spring semester co-ops. I applied and received a call to schedule a phone interview. The HR manager interviewed me a couple weeks later. We Talked through my resume and she asked behavioral questions. Heard that I received an offer a month or two later.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: Give a specific time when you were confronted with a problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people at two different locations. It was super laid back. They mostly asked about school and my previous summer job. HR takes a really long time to get back to you though.