GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Engineer Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Aviation (Pinellas Park, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Long and tedious. The entire interview process lasted about 5 hours for me. I was sat in a conference room, where I was interviewed in 45 minute intervals by groups of 2 people from different project teams. They asked standard interview questions, each of the groups had to ask 5-6 questions off a sheet, which seemed to be preassigned to them. Very little information was provided in what I would be doing if I did work for them besides be a part of their team. By the end of the interview, I was very glad to get out of there and never wanted to go back.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone above and beyond for a former employer or client?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted through my University's Career Services Website, which in turn was followed up by a one-on-one interview as well as a phone interview to conclude the process. One week after the process had concluded I was contacted via email with a final decision. Overall the process has been a positive learning experience.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done through my college. My resume was sent to GE and I received an email requesting an interview after one week. The interview lasted 30 minutes consisting mostly behavioral and leadership experience questions. I was interview by one person. The whole process was very quick and simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

EID Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the Career Fair for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and talked to them.

They are all basic situational questions with no technical questions:
    What are some challenges you faced?
    Tell us about one time that you stepped up.
    What is something you are proud of?
    Tell us about yourself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my university's career center, only behavioral interview questions, nothing technical. Asked a lot about past project experiences and working in groups. Also asked about how I would deal with certain situations when working in groups. Interview lasted about 40 minutes, fairly relaxed.

Engineering Co Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting. They scheduled the interview the next day. They were very friendly and approachable. I did not expect to get an interview from them but it was a give away sort of deal.
    The process was easy. you set up a time where you are available the next day and you come in for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Great. Very methodical and useful. Spend a lot of time with a lot of managers, essentially a peer interview. If you are a real person, this will show. If you are pretending to be someone else, this is not your interview. As is any interview, do stalker level research on the company you want to work for. You need to know more details about their business than they do. Know where the business is heading, where, and why you think so. Don't be complacent, no matter where the interview goes, lunch, to the shop, to outside, you are always being interviewed. No matter what- if you don't get selected, or feel that you are not what they are looking for, stay professional, courteous, and honest. You don't know what the chemistry they are looking for. Stay in the moment.

Interview Questions

• Not a specific difficult question- Just an 8 hour interview. Just be yourself, don't lie, and be committed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not professional. Compared my starting wage to others in the company. If you are hiring for an executive position, or middle management, this is very tacky. Everyone with some Business Acumen knows that you negotiate your "raise" when you get hired. Stay firm, do your research, and don't worry about the "pregnant pause". Just be quiet, set your target, and make it happen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Aviation (Durham, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions relating to team management and leadership. Met with a supervisor from the company and he went through my experiences/resume and focused on my perception of situations and the actions I took in response to adverse conditions. The interview was casual and not stressful at all. I felt like I was encouraged to be myself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you lead a team and had to make an unpopular decision - what was the result?   Answer Question

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Interview

They promised me travel, big pay raises, and education options, but once I was hired all of that went out the window. I interviewed with several managers and one panel.

Interview Questions

• They brought out a meshed model and asked where the biggest FEA issues would exist.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a signing bonus but that's about it.

GE EEDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in August 2014.

Interview

I was a summer intern and therefore got an interview right at the end of my internship. The interview was five hours long. It started with a presentation to a panel and then came one-on-one interviews. The one-on-one interviews included both technical and behavioral ones. The behavioral interviews were not much different from those of other companies. The only unique thing about the whole interview process happens during the technical interview--you are asked to identify parts of a randomly selected engine.

Interview Questions

• Team activity under timed conditions   1 Answer