GE Aviation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Started with an hour screen call by HR, never really talked about a position specifically, Mostly about what I was looking for. About a week later scheduled an phone interview. Lasted about 30 mins, Interviewer had next to nothing to say about the position, questions were all very general. I'm pretty sure the interviewer not only didn't look at my resume until about 20 mins into a 30 mins phone call but I'm pretty sure he didn't know what position it was for.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – One behavioral internview at the SHPE Conference 2011.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Senior Interview

Lynn, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and secured a telephone interview with a hiring manager. The telephone interview went well and I was invited for an on-site. The on-site was a series of typical fit interviews and repeated reviews of my resume with multiple managers. The experience was pleasant and cordial. The overall interview took about 8 hours of the day including an hour lunch with other "recent" hires.

The interview process was quite easy, and I was surprised that there were no real technical questions beyond talking about my past experience.

Interview Question – Just the typical "Tell me about a time when you had a workplace conflict and how you resolved it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received several offers, but GE's was superior by far, so I did not negotiate.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – This was just an initial interview after a career fair.

Interview Question – Tell me about a gap in your classroom learning that you had to fill in? (As in, you encountered it while working and had to figure it out yourself)   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview. It was completely behavioral. There was no technical aspect associated with it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for GE aviation.
Your biggest weakness.
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – Applied through college website and applied online. Scheduled for an interview a few weeks later. Was offered a couple weeks after that. The interview was pretty standard questions and was very relaxed, more of a test of personality. I was also asked to give preference on location. They also discuss the company and what you would be doing.

Interview Question – Very standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern- No negotiation

Quality Engineer Intern Interview

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – My friend, an intern the previous year, recommended me to the hiring director. The process was simple. I was contacted by the hiring director. The interview was all behavioral. We ran through my resume, talked about school projects, talked about teamwork, and discussed the internship.

I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had a problem with one of your teammates.   Answer Question

GE Aviation Co-op Interview

GE Aviation Co-op

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE Aviation in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through Campus career website. Had 1 round interview. All behavior questions nothing too special. Got an offer the next week

Interview Question – tell me a time you had to make a difficult design decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2012.

Interview Details – One-on-one interview with recruiter at conference. General behavioral questions with questions covering resume.

Negotiation Details – No pay negotiation.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Aviation in June 2013.

Interview Details – Worst interview ever! First, the directions to the parking area are wrong, referring to a lot that is not mentioned on the direction sign. Then after signing in at the guard gate, you meet with HR for two minutes to turn in paperwork, and are then sent to another gate for the interviews. (Couldn't HR meet you at the second gate?). Then the day starts with no introduction as to who you will meet and where they fit in the organization. The "real" HR interview was held by telephone -- and the phone number was wrong! Well, after blowing the most inane question I was ever asked, I was blackballed while in the telephone HR interview, so you can imagine the day went downhill from there. Finally, they didn't formally get back to me for four weeks!

Interview Question – What advice would you offer to the managers setting up the operation?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Aviation