GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.9

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied online, in-person interview, job offer. No technical questions. About an hour of behavioral questions, which became a little redundant. Meticulous questions about past experiences in leadership to really find out who I am. GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for as an intern. I think it is rated top five in the nation for overall engineering experience.

Interview Questions
    • Know your resume meticulously and emphasize your past experiences   Answer Question

GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for interns. I couldn't work there without graduating late, and I declined.

CDLP Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2013.

We met at university recruiting, i was contacted by email to schedule an interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Very personality based questions. Questions asked where biggest education regret/risk and biggest accomplishment in life   Answer Question

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Signed up through my university after career fair.

Questions were all behavioral/situational. The interviewer was an alumni and easy to connect with. He was very personable. I had to walk through my resume and my experiences and talk more in depth about some of my technical background.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not sure how it is for other internship programs at GE, but for the ITLP program, I had to specify what specific business I wanted to work in (Appliances, Aviation, Energy, Capital, etc) and why.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer via email about a month later. Interns get paid a set rate based on what year you are (junior standing, senior standing, etc).

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation.

My initial contact was with a human resources representative who set up a phone screen with one of the hiring managers. After that screening, I was contacted again by human resources and told they wanted to do an in person interview. The actual interview was actually 5 interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring managers, one technical interview, and two other "GE value" type interviews. The HR rep told me that they were making an effort to back to interviewees quickly after the in person interviews, and that was the case. I had an offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was not necessarily hard, but you have to know engineering fundamentals or else it won't go well. Also, the HR interviewer will make you feel relaxed and tell you their interview is not as important; but hiring managers have told me after starting work that HR has vetoed candidates that the managers wanted based on what they found out in that interview. So stay on your game the whole time.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

GE Aviation EID Internship/Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2013.

I met with a recruiter at a career fair where I was invited back the next day for an interview. On initial contact with the recruiter at the career fair, I showed them my resume then answered a few question pertaining to it. The next day, I went for a one on one interview which consisted of behavioral questions and lasted about an hour. The entire process took six weeks from interview to my receipt of an offer. However, I did received an automated follow up email 4 weeks after my interview which told me that they would be giving my candidacy further consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your boss.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate for this position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2012.

I went through the career resource center on campus and talked to some recruiters during the Career Showcase. They emailed me to set up a phone interview and asked fairly behavioral questions. Very typical questions. It was about an hour long and very easy going. I had a great interviewer!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage several projects at once.   Answer Question
    It was a great decision to take the offer! Had a great internship experience with very helpful projects that helped me gain real hands on experience

Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evendale, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2011.

1 day series of one on one interviews with colleges and executive management

Interview Questions
    • Will you be willing to stay in this position for many years   Answer Question
    you need to show that you have other viable options

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2013.

applied through campus recruiting website. had a one hour long behavioral interview with no technical questions. Was offered a position a week later.

Interview Questions
    • describe one time in a leadership position that you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

GE Aviation Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2012.

There was an on campus interview with only behavioral questions. An offer was given 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the internship offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2013.

Started with an hour screen call by HR, never really talked about a position specifically, Mostly about what I was looking for. About a week later scheduled an phone interview. Lasted about 30 mins, Interviewer had next to nothing to say about the position, questions were all very general. I'm pretty sure the interviewer not only didn't look at my resume until about 20 mins into a 30 mins phone call but I'm pretty sure he didn't know what position it was for.