GE Aviation

GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Lead Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation.

I had the opportunity to work as an intern for 1.5 years during college. Interview was a basic behavioral interview after a college career fair. After I finished the internship, I attended grad-school and was approached by a former manager for full time employment upon graduation

Interview Questions
    • What is an innovation you've introduced into an organization   Answer Question

EID Interview

On campus interview, then got offer 2 weeks later. Easy interview, all behavioral.

Aviation Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in December 2013.

It was a 1 hour long phone interview with three individuals. Mostly technical questions were asked. There was a mix of easy questions, but also some pretty difficult questions. I was able to answer most questions related to aerospace and aviation, but I had trouble with some of the specific computer science and statistics questions. They said the technical phone interview was the first step, and next would be another phone interview with an HR representative. Lastly, they would fly you to their location for an on-site interview.

Lead Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in December 2013.

I was initially contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. After a 15 minute conversation, mostly just going over my resume, I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview was an all-day event, with 5 one-on-one interviews (i.e., team lead, engineering executive, staff engineer, HR, and hiring manager). Most of the interviews were a review of my resume, a few bits about the position, and some behavioral questions.

I got a call two days later saying there were some concerns over functional fit and was able to secure a follow-up phone interview for a few weeks later. The follow-up took about 30 minutes and was mostly a discussion about how I would overcome the steep learning curve and went very well; I was told that my paperwork was going over to HR for final approvals and to expect a call back in two weeks. Four weeks later I got a call back turning me down.

My overall impression was that I was turned down because I was an external candidate. The thought being that it was next to impossible to learn everything I needed to be successful, because even the internal new-hires are struggling in this position. With that said, it makes me feel like the entire process was a waste of time, money, and effort.

I do however, feel that this was not a typical cycle. I recently had another on-site interview, with a different group, that had much different feel.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied online and offered interview in two weeks. Questions about past experiences in leadership to really find out who I am. GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for as an intern. Innovation is the key. Know your resume meticulously and emphasize your past experiences

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied online, in-person interview, job offer. No technical questions. About an hour of behavioral questions, which became a little redundant. Meticulous questions about past experiences in leadership to really find out who I am. GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for as an intern. I think it is rated top five in the nation for overall engineering experience.

Interview Questions
    • Know your resume meticulously and emphasize your past experiences   Answer Question

GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for interns. I couldn't work there without graduating late, and I declined.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

My initial contact was with a human resources representative who set up a phone screen with one of the hiring managers. After that screening, I was contacted again by human resources and told they wanted to do an in person interview. The actual interview was actually 5 interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring managers, one technical interview, and two other "GE value" type interviews. The HR rep told me that they were making an effort to back to interviewees quickly after the in person interviews, and that was the case. I had an offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was not necessarily hard, but you have to know engineering fundamentals or else it won't go well. Also, the HR interviewer will make you feel relaxed and tell you their interview is not as important; but hiring managers have told me after starting work that HR has vetoed candidates that the managers wanted based on what they found out in that interview. So stay on your game the whole time.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Signed up through my university after career fair.

Questions were all behavioral/situational. The interviewer was an alumni and easy to connect with. He was very personable. I had to walk through my resume and my experiences and talk more in depth about some of my technical background.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not sure how it is for other internship programs at GE, but for the ITLP program, I had to specify what specific business I wanted to work in (Appliances, Aviation, Energy, Capital, etc) and why.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer via email about a month later. Interns get paid a set rate based on what year you are (junior standing, senior standing, etc).

Contracts Management Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in November 2013.

The initial impressions were very welcoming and upbeat. The two interviews (one former alumni of my school and the other a higher-end manager of the program) had normal conversation with me, and they asked questions like real people. They weren't robots. They had sincere styles in how they asked situational questions; they actually wanted to get to know who I was as a person. I felt like I could really connect with them. I eventually was invited to fly down to their Cincinnati headquarters for two more interviews - one with a manager in their HR department, and the second with a program manager from the first one and another guy who is stationed in Cincinnati and helps with the program. Once again, it was a very sincere, yet professional conversation. They really wanted to know who I was, not just to score my generic situational answers on a sheet. Although I didn't get the job, I was very happy with the experience.

Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH

interviewed at GE Aviation in November 2013.

First I interviewed with the manager in the area as well as the lead test specialist. They both questioned me on a few technical things as well as broad questions. The whole interview was fairly painless and lasted about 30 minutes. I think I answered most questions positively except for one, it wasn't a huge deal though. After that, a few weeks later I had an interview with HR, also very laid back. I heard back from them about 2 weeks after the interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question related to using a digital multimeter for a specific circuit, I can't remember the full details.   Answer Question