GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied online and offered interview in two weeks. Questions about past experiences in leadership to really find out who I am. GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for as an intern. Innovation is the key. Know your resume meticulously and emphasize your past experiences

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied online, in-person interview, job offer. No technical questions. About an hour of behavioral questions, which became a little redundant. Meticulous questions about past experiences in leadership to really find out who I am. GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for as an intern. I think it is rated top five in the nation for overall engineering experience.

Interview Questions
    • Know your resume meticulously and emphasize your past experiences   Answer Question

GE Aviation is an amazing place to work for interns. I couldn't work there without graduating late, and I declined.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

My initial contact was with a human resources representative who set up a phone screen with one of the hiring managers. After that screening, I was contacted again by human resources and told they wanted to do an in person interview. The actual interview was actually 5 interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring managers, one technical interview, and two other "GE value" type interviews. The HR rep told me that they were making an effort to back to interviewees quickly after the in person interviews, and that was the case. I had an offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was not necessarily hard, but you have to know engineering fundamentals or else it won't go well. Also, the HR interviewer will make you feel relaxed and tell you their interview is not as important; but hiring managers have told me after starting work that HR has vetoed candidates that the managers wanted based on what they found out in that interview. So stay on your game the whole time.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

ITLP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Signed up through my university after career fair.

Questions were all behavioral/situational. The interviewer was an alumni and easy to connect with. He was very personable. I had to walk through my resume and my experiences and talk more in depth about some of my technical background.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not sure how it is for other internship programs at GE, but for the ITLP program, I had to specify what specific business I wanted to work in (Appliances, Aviation, Energy, Capital, etc) and why.   Answer Question
    I recieved an offer via email about a month later. Interns get paid a set rate based on what year you are (junior standing, senior standing, etc).

Contracts Management Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in November 2013.

The initial impressions were very welcoming and upbeat. The two interviews (one former alumni of my school and the other a higher-end manager of the program) had normal conversation with me, and they asked questions like real people. They weren't robots. They had sincere styles in how they asked situational questions; they actually wanted to get to know who I was as a person. I felt like I could really connect with them. I eventually was invited to fly down to their Cincinnati headquarters for two more interviews - one with a manager in their HR department, and the second with a program manager from the first one and another guy who is stationed in Cincinnati and helps with the program. Once again, it was a very sincere, yet professional conversation. They really wanted to know who I was, not just to score my generic situational answers on a sheet. Although I didn't get the job, I was very happy with the experience.

Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH

interviewed at GE Aviation in November 2013.

First I interviewed with the manager in the area as well as the lead test specialist. They both questioned me on a few technical things as well as broad questions. The whole interview was fairly painless and lasted about 30 minutes. I think I answered most questions positively except for one, it wasn't a huge deal though. After that, a few weeks later I had an interview with HR, also very laid back. I heard back from them about 2 weeks after the interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question related to using a digital multimeter for a specific circuit, I can't remember the full details.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

One behavioral internview at the SHPE Conference 2011.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GE Aviation.

This was just an initial interview after a career fair.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a gap in your classroom learning that you had to fill in? (As in, you encountered it while working and had to figure it out yourself)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Applied through college website and applied online. Scheduled for an interview a few weeks later. Was offered a couple weeks after that. The interview was pretty standard questions and was very relaxed, more of a test of personality. I was also asked to give preference on location. They also discuss the company and what you would be doing.

Intern- No negotiation

Quality Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

My friend, an intern the previous year, recommended me to the hiring director. The process was simple. I was contacted by the hiring director. The interview was all behavioral. We ran through my resume, talked about school projects, talked about teamwork, and discussed the internship.

I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had a problem with one of your teammates.   Answer Question