GE Aviation

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.9

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Four interviews, a presentation, and a group interview. Mostly standard behavioral questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in September 2013.

Started with an hour screen call by HR, never really talked about a position specifically, Mostly about what I was looking for. About a week later scheduled an phone interview. Lasted about 30 mins, Interviewer had next to nothing to say about the position, questions were all very general. I'm pretty sure the interviewer not only didn't look at my resume until about 20 mins into a 30 mins phone call but I'm pretty sure he didn't know what position it was for.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Interviewed with multiple people. Each person was tasked to cover specific topics

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to calculate actual distance to a NavAid.   View Answer
    HRs first offer will be vary low

CDN Module Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE Aviation in August 2013.

As a potential returning employee I was struck by how different the interview was from twenty years ago when I first came to GE.
    The interview consisted of four one hour conversations in a small break out room fifty feet from the front door. There was no tour of the office or facillities. Very little effort was made to convince me it might be a place I would enoy working. I received no follow up correspondence other than a system generated e-mail saying that I was no longer a candidate for the position. Everyone I dealt with seemed to be going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly challenging. A lot of the usual behavioral stuff like tell me how you handle condflict or failure.   Answer Question

Buyer/Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at GE Aviation in August 2013.

Phone interview. I was asked about what I know about GE and to tell about myself, and review my resume. Focus on transition from job to job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to lead across functions to obtain a goal.

Tell me about a time you had to re-route your directions based on a shortage or increase in demand of materials you were responsible for.

Tell me about a time when you solved a problem based on inefficiency.
        Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Recruiters came to my school and had a networking event. If they thought you might be a good fit they would send you an email after the networking event.
    The interview process was easier than expected. Very behavioral based. However, if you have a technical background they can push you to see what knowledge you actually have.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. As an intern they were very strict in terms of pay and when you had to accept or reject their offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Aviation in June 2013.

Worst interview ever! First, the directions to the parking area are wrong, referring to a lot that is not mentioned on the direction sign. Then after signing in at the guard gate, you meet with HR for two minutes to turn in paperwork, and are then sent to another gate for the interviews. (Couldn't HR meet you at the second gate?). Then the day starts with no introduction as to who you will meet and where they fit in the organization. The "real" HR interview was held by telephone -- and the phone number was wrong! Well, after blowing the most inane question I was ever asked, I was blackballed while in the telephone HR interview, so you can imagine the day went downhill from there. Finally, they didn't formally get back to me for four weeks!

Interview Questions
    • What advice would you offer to the managers setting up the operation?   View Answer

EID/Co-op Interview

email the night before to set up an interview after meeting the recruiter at an on campus job fair, about 3 weeks later i got an offer through email

Intern Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Phone call scheduling phone interview. At the phone interview it was one person asking behavioral based questions. 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they email you with your salary and ask you for your start and end date availabilities.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Aviation.

I got the interview with GE Aviation through my university. The man i met with was a composite engineer in Cincinnati Ohio. He was very easy going and made me feel relaxed at the interview. From the questions i was asked its clear that GE values a persons character above skill. I respect that a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you messed up. How did it affect you? What did you you learn?   Answer Question