GE Aviation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Definition Engineering Intern Interview

Product Definition Engineering Intern
Lynn, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Simple but it is important that you are able to talk about yourself

Interview Question – Honestly everything was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 week to accept the offer and you had to get a drug test

Performance Engineer Senior Interview

Performance Engineer Senior
Lynn, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and secured a telephone interview with a hiring manager. The telephone interview went well and I was invited for an on-site. The on-site was a series of typical fit interviews and repeated reviews of my resume with multiple managers. The experience was pleasant and cordial. The overall interview took about 8 hours of the day including an hour lunch with other "recent" hires.

The interview process was quite easy, and I was surprised that there were no real technical questions beyond talking about my past experience.

Interview Question – Just the typical "Tell me about a time when you had a workplace conflict and how you resolved it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received several offers, but GE's was superior by far, so I did not negotiate.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Supply Chain Co-Op
Lynn, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview Details – Recruiters came to my school and had a networking event. If they thought you might be a good fit they would send you an email after the networking event.
The interview process was easier than expected. Very behavioral based. However, if you have a technical background they can push you to see what knowledge you actually have.

Interview Question – All Behavioral questions... Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. As an intern they were very strict in terms of pay and when you had to accept or reject their offer.

Fulfillment Leader Interview

Fulfillment Leader
Lynn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in March 2012.

Interview Details – completely through the phone which isn't the normal process (usually 1-2 in-person interviews), but through professional society connection was able to secure phone interview which lasted 1.5 hrs.

Interview Question – If you had to figure out the total number of red cars in the city of Boston, how would you go about doing that?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – able to negotiate starting and ending dates, pay is standard for rising juniors for their Early Identification Program

Program Leader Interview

Program Leader
Lynn, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and was called by HR within 2 weeks. Had two phone interviews with HR rep. HR rep was great, explained the position, asked me general questions and said my background was good fit for the position. Second call from HR rep he asked me more detail questions about my technical skills and background – wanted to make sure I was a ‘fit’. He told me the manager was really busy and couldn’t find time during the day to interview so we set-up any evening phone interview. What a disaster and a complete waste of my time. She called and postponed the interview for 1/2hr. Then when she did call back, all I could hear were crying children and ‘noise’ in the background. One of those managers that believe their time is more valuable than anyone else’s. If this is the kind of ‘leader’ GE produces, think twice before taking a job.
I’m experienced professional. BSEE, MS Industrial Engineer. Worked for Global 50 Aerospace and Management Consulting firms. Veteran of USAF

Interview Question – HR interview was general background, skills discussion and some project discussion. Why I wanted to work for GE?   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Lynn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

Interview Details – From what I remember, the interview was strictly behavioral. I interviewed 1-on-1 at my college, and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. My interviewer was very cold and strictly business, and I didn't think the interview went overly well, but they seemed more concerned with my strong qualifications because they still offered me the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you were working with a group and you had a lone dissenter (or you were the lone dissenter). What did you do to get the person on board with the group?   Answer Question

EEDP Interview

EEDP
Lynn, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in November 2011.

Interview Details – extensive
on campus interview
on-site interview with 5 minute presentation and 4 hour long one-on-one sessions

EEDP Interview

EEDP
Lynn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Even though this program is geared more towards engineering than the OMLP program, the interview is still 100% behavioral. Absolutely not a single question testing theoretical concepts.

The interview process begins with a 5 minute presentation about yourself. You can use the format given to you by GE or develop your own format.

Afterwords you are interviewed by five employees for 1 hour each (5 hours in total)

1st Interviewer: General Questions (Ex: What has lead you to want to work for GE Aviation?)

2nd Interviewer: Work Experience (Ex: What was the most difficult project you work in?)

3rd Interview: Scenario (Ex: Tell me of a time when you had to deal with a difficult person in a group/company)

4th Interview: EEDP Interest (Ex: Are you considering the EEDP Classic or Cornerstone Program?)

5th Interview: Interests (Ex: If you could learn more about a section of the engine what would it be?)

Interview Question – Q) Tell me of a time when you had trouble receiving criticism for your work

Q) What distinguishes you from your peers at your GE internship/co-op?

Q) Tell me of a time when you took a risk and how you evaluated your risk

Q) Tell me of a time when the goals of a project where changed and how you adapted

Q) What technical/academic knowledge has surprised you the most in your career?
  Answer Question

EID Summer Internship Interview

EID Summer Internship
Lynn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was taken on campus and the questions covered all behavioral questions.

1) Tell me about yourself
2) What's your greatest accomplishment?
3) Have you had any obstacles

After being asked 10 behavioral questions, it was my turn to ask the interviewers questions. I asked about their trainings.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Engineer/Technologist
Lynn, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Aviation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Got an email to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview, then 2 days later (on a Friday) an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews, 30 minutes each. Talked to a hiring manager, a principal engineer, a peer, and then HR. No real technical questions except some follow up technical questions after I talked about my past experiences. After the interviews, they took everyone on a tour of one of the factory areas and then provided some lunch (sandwiches and cookies). After lunch the hiring manager met with me separately and told me (unofficially) that they will be making an offer. The next Tuesday, I got the phone offer, and the next wednesday after that, the electronic offer letter. Whole process from initial email about the job to faxing the acceptance form and taking the drug test was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult part about the research project you worked on?   Answer Question
  • Tell me of a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. They asked how much I wanted during on-site interview. I gave a range and they offered right in the middle.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GE Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

GE Aviation Videos

GE Aviation – Why Work for Us?

At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Aviation interview questions and advice in Lynn, MA. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Aviation employees and interview candidates.