GE Aviation

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cell Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE Aviation in July 2014.

Interview went very well. I had a chance to meet a lot of the different business leaders etc. They seemed so very happy about the way the interview went, they had me come back for a full-day shadowing of different employees. At this point people are telling me that I have the job and that they will be very excited to be working with me, and they will get in touch with me ASAP to start the hiring process Four weeks later....FOUR WEEKS LATER someone finally returns my phone call to notify me that the job opening has been canceled. Do not trust a word these people say. They are too worried about the Union firing each and every one of them rather than hiring new people to train.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful situation you've been in?   View Answer

Product Definition Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2013.

Simple but it is important that you are able to talk about yourself

2 week to accept the offer and you had to get a drug test

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation.

Recruiters came to my school and had a networking event. If they thought you might be a good fit they would send you an email after the networking event.
    The interview process was easier than expected. Very behavioral based. However, if you have a technical background they can push you to see what knowledge you actually have.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. As an intern they were very strict in terms of pay and when you had to accept or reject their offer.

Fulfillment Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in March 2012.

completely through the phone which isn't the normal process (usually 1-2 in-person interviews), but through professional society connection was able to secure phone interview which lasted 1.5 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to figure out the total number of red cars in the city of Boston, how would you go about doing that?   View Answers (3)
    able to negotiate starting and ending dates, pay is standard for rising juniors for their Early Identification Program

Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in February 2012.

Submitted my resume and was called by HR within 2 weeks. Had two phone interviews with HR rep. HR rep was great, explained the position, asked me general questions and said my background was good fit for the position. Second call from HR rep he asked me more detail questions about my technical skills and background – wanted to make sure I was a ‘fit’. He told me the manager was really busy and couldn’t find time during the day to interview so we set-up any evening phone interview. What a disaster and a complete waste of my time. She called and postponed the interview for 1/2hr. Then when she did call back, all I could hear were crying children and ‘noise’ in the background. One of those managers that believe their time is more valuable than anyone else’s. If this is the kind of ‘leader’ GE produces, think twice before taking a job.
    I’m experienced professional. BSEE, MS Industrial Engineer. Worked for Global 50 Aerospace and Management Consulting firms. Veteran of USAF

Interview Questions
    • HR interview was general background, skills discussion and some project discussion. Why I wanted to work for GE?   View Answer

EEDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in November 2011.

extensive
    on campus interview
    on-site interview with 5 minute presentation and 4 hour long one-on-one sessions

Interview Questions
    • Whaat is the most difficut class you took in college?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

EEDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in August 2011.

Even though this program is geared more towards engineering than the OMLP program, the interview is still 100% behavioral. Absolutely not a single question testing theoretical concepts.

The interview process begins with a 5 minute presentation about yourself. You can use the format given to you by GE or develop your own format.

Afterwords you are interviewed by five employees for 1 hour each (5 hours in total)

1st Interviewer: General Questions (Ex: What has lead you to want to work for GE Aviation?)

2nd Interviewer: Work Experience (Ex: What was the most difficult project you work in?)

3rd Interview: Scenario (Ex: Tell me of a time when you had to deal with a difficult person in a group/company)

4th Interview: EEDP Interest (Ex: Are you considering the EEDP Classic or Cornerstone Program?)

5th Interview: Interests (Ex: If you could learn more about a section of the engine what would it be?)

Interview Questions
    • Q) Tell me of a time when you had trouble receiving criticism for your work

Q) What distinguishes you from your peers at your GE internship/co-op?

Q) Tell me of a time when you took a risk and how you evaluated your risk

Q) Tell me of a time when the goals of a project where changed and how you adapted

Q) What technical/academic knowledge has surprised you the most in your career?

Answer Question

Performance Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in May 2011.

Applied online and secured a telephone interview with a hiring manager. The telephone interview went well and I was invited for an on-site. The on-site was a series of typical fit interviews and repeated reviews of my resume with multiple managers. The experience was pleasant and cordial. The overall interview took about 8 hours of the day including an hour lunch with other "recent" hires.

The interview process was quite easy, and I was surprised that there were no real technical questions beyond talking about my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Just the typical "Tell me about a time when you had a workplace conflict and how you resolved it."   View Answer
    I received several offers, but GE's was superior by far, so I did not negotiate.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Aviation in November 2010.

Got an email to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview, then 2 days later (on a Friday) an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 4 1:1 interviews, 30 minutes each. Talked to a hiring manager, a principal engineer, a peer, and then HR. No real technical questions except some follow up technical questions after I talked about my past experiences. After the interviews, they took everyone on a tour of one of the factory areas and then provided some lunch (sandwiches and cookies). After lunch the hiring manager met with me separately and told me (unofficially) that they will be making an offer. The next Tuesday, I got the phone offer, and the next wednesday after that, the electronic offer letter. Whole process from initial email about the job to faxing the acceptance form and taking the drug test was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult part about the research project you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. They asked how much I wanted during on-site interview. I gave a range and they offered right in the middle.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Aviation in October 2010.

Typical Interview.
    Questions:
    What is your greatest accomplishment?
    What was an obstacle you overcame to achieve your goal?
    Describe a situation when you've dealt with a difficult person.
    When were you unhappy with your performance?
    How did you handle a situation when you had too many things to do and not enough time?

Interview Questions
    • When were you disappointed with your performance on a task?   Answer Question