GE

Very Easy Interview

Lead Design Engineer Interview

Lead Design Engineer
Billerica, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview processes were very formal. You feel like you are the part on the moving conveyor belt. The place looks like gigantic ant house - people look like mechanism parts, not individuals.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Lynn, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2013.

Interview Details – online application process, screened by computer so resume can get knocked out if correct "buzz word" is not in application/resume.

Financial Management Program Interview

Financial Management Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview via on-campus recruiting. Went to a gathering at a local bar/restaurant the night before for an informational session. I got interviewed by the CFO and he was extremely nice, made me feel at ease and was also helpful afterwards in answering questions.

Interview Question – What makes a good leader?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marjeting Interview

Marjeting
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Interview Details – Staright forward behavourial quesitons about my background and travels etc. Wanted to hear a lot about why I wanted to work at GE and what I knew about the company. Questions with regards to my experiences within a large organizaiton and leadership opporutnities too.

Interview Question – How would you define integrity in a sentence?   Answer Question

Summer Internship-Lynn, MA Interview

Summer Internship-Lynn, MA
Lynn, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviewers ask simple,"tell us a time when..." type questions. The interview lasts for about twenty minutes when they open it up for you to ask them question for the remaining time. The guys are very friendly. Re-applied as a junior and still waiting for a response
UPDATE- Received an email saying that I am being considered further for my candidacy . Everyone else who received this email already has been offered the position at my school. Does anyone know what this means?

Interview Question – Tell us about one time you were given contrusctive criticism/a project did not go your way and how you reacted   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern
Billerica, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in May 2011.

Interview Details – My credentials were forwarded to a manager at GE Sensing in Billerica, MA by a school internship coordinator. From there, I was selected for an on-site interview with said manager. The interview lasted no more than 40 minutes, and was not challenging in the slightest. Given that I was applying for my first technical position (as a student), very few technical questions were asked. Most of the questions were geared toward my character, decision-making skills and past leadership roles. After the interview, I was given a tour of the facilities, and left with a few interns that were working at the time. They mentioned that the atmosphere was very laid back, and that they were able to learn some. The interns that I spoke with said that they recommended their positions for someone applying for their first internship (freshman, sophomore in college). I left the interview feeling confident and was also a bit surprised that the process was so short and simple. I didn't hear back from my interviewer for at least two weeks (which I later found out is due to the fact that all intern formalities are dealt with at GE in Schenectady, NY which adds delays to the interviewing process), but I was offered a position at that point (that I ultimately accepted). In my brief time at the office that day, the people I encountered seemed knowledgable and down to earth.

Interview Question – Describe a previous leadership position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because the GE intern program is dealt with by a dedicated office in Schenectady, NY that manages hundreds of interns around the world, it is very difficult to negotiate wages, hours, decision deadlines or anything like that. I think that only in the most extreme circumstances would an intern be able to negotiate his or her wage. The people running that program know that their internships are in high demand, so they have no problem saying no to an intern.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Lynn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. "What would you do in this situation? How would you handle this situation? Tell me a time when..?" Generic questions like these. Honestly, they were more interested in my high GPA and I think in their eyes, I was pretty much sold.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. (although this seems pretty straight forward, it is best to go prepared with information about yourself that you want to relay to the interviewer)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Interns don't have much room for negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in August 2008.

Interview Details – this was for an software position. There were several people on the phone call, 1:n. They basically asked me about the projects I listed on my resume, a lot of details. Also, I was asked if I ever worked on ARM, what kind of processors I used. There wasn't many technical questions or coding, since that was a phone interview.

Interview Question – talk about your recent research   View Answer

FMP Internship Interview

FMP Internship
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2010.

Interview Details – One on One interview...all fit questions. Very laid back. Waiting to hear back to see if I got a second round interview (phone)

Interview Questions

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!