GE

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice group of people, that made work environment seem very appealing. Questions were a mix of of both technical and fit. I skipped first round of interviewing and went straight to second because of family connection. Was interviewed by 3 people all of whom were very positive. Very professional and seemingly collaborative environment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at ge and what kind of impact do you think you can have at a company like ours?   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details – The interviewer was very neutral and was reading directly off of a questions sheet. It was a behavioral interview and it seemed as though he was not happy about having to conduct interviews. He asked a lot of basic questions about myself and there were no technical questions involved.

Interview Question – What is the most creative way you have ever approached a problem?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initial conversation with recruiter. Reviewed general points concerning the position, but not detail.
Recruiter asked for desired salary right away.
Next interview was with a Director. Very detailed questions regarding experience
as it relates to the position.

The recruiter and director both seemed generally cordial.

Interview Question – Was asked questions regarding accounting standards that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had initially one phone screen and then two interviews over the phone. I was then invited in for a panel interview. The HR person started off the interview with an explanation of the process and the steps. A couple of the people did most of the talking and the others took notes.

Interview Question – What the most difficult descison you had to make and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in July 2012.

Interview Details – it was quick, took a week to complete 3 interviews

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details – General Discussion and interest understanding. Minimal technical questions as MBA hire

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in May 2011.

Interview Details – Technical Round - Delivery Manager Round and Global HR Director

Interview Question – Why do you want to join GE, Singapore   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was phone-interviewed by one hiring manager and two business analysts. First started with technical questions, basically go through the experiences listed in the resume. Of course, some behavior challenge questions such as tell me a time (how do you handle the situation in different layer based on a project I had done" were brought in to form a 3-dimension interview. It took 30 minutes to get it done.

Interview Question – How did you make your project run smoothly thru different process sections?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.