GE

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Transitions Intern Interview

Schenectady, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for two different positions: first on the Communications team, a role which I wasn't offered, and subsequently on the Business Transitions team, which I was considerably happier about and accepted as soon as the role was offered. The process started with a phone call from HR about 2 weeks after I had submitted my application through both my universtiy and the GE Careers website. I elected to interview one week following the phone call. The interview (with the Communications team) consisted of 2 group interviews and a one-on-one interview with the team leader. The atmosphere was quite relaxed, and the questions asked were quite standard fare. I found out 2 days after that I didn't get this position but was being considered for a different one on another team. One week later, I interviewed for the Business Transitions intern role, and had a similar 3 panel interview, which was again fairly relaxed. Two days after the interview, I received a call from HR and my offer letter a few days afterwards.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict within a team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations for this position; however, I did hear that another intern stated upfront that he would only be able to spend 9 months in the position instead of the customary/required 12 months, and he was still offered te position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Business Transitions Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.