GE Capital

Updated Jul 17, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

By far the most drawn out interview and hiring process I've ever been put through. It took approximately three and a half months between completing my application to the time I finally received confirmation regarding the job, and after the company purposely wasted my time and money they didn't even have the decency of calling to inform me that they had chosen a different candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
  • They asked many questions, none of which were overly difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2013.

I applied online through their website back in mid October strictly through submitting a resume and completing a simulated work type process (basically a simulated office to weed out who can preform daily task in office). About a week later received an email to complete the actual application (very detailed)upon completion was able to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consist of basic what would you do if questions. If the interviewer likes your responses your invited to do an onsite. (warning) they have high volume of applicants so it took almost two weeks just to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview took maybe 15 minutes with basically the same what would you do, how have you handled type question based off your previous work experience. They like when you ask questions! Currently waiting on an offer

Interview Questions
    • How have you gone beyond you job description? Have you been asked to do anything un-ethical and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, IL

I applied online – interviewed at GE Capital in May 2013.

The first step is a phone interview, the woman was very robotic and stern. Make sure your dates are exact for past employment because they will call you out on any flaws. You need to be available from 7 am-10pm, period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in April 2013.

Applied online - after screening successfully, scheduled phone interview. They called 10 minutes beforehand (sneaky!) and asked for someone else. Probably trying to sort out new employee voices/answering attitude. Phone interview took 10 minutes, tops. Standard questions. I was then told that I could schedule an in-person interview - this was done online just as the phone interview was scheduled.

3-person panel interview with standard "how have you dealt with a difficult customer - give a specific instance" and other situation specific questions. They ask a lot of questions about specific scenarios in your past work experiences, both as a customer service rep and in regards to co-worker relationships.

At the end, they ask if you have any questions - give them lots - it seems to excite them, especially when I asked about their retention rate (10 years avr)

Interview Questions
    • "How have you dealt with a difficult coworker - give a specific example of how you interacted with them on a daily basis."   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

I applied online...got an interview within a month. My interview was with 3 people, the Frontline Manager, Portfolio Control Manager, and an associate...It was formal but when we started talking it was fine. My interview lasted for about 15-20 minutes. I got a call within a week for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • ...I don't think any of the questions were difficult. They do ask several questions in one, for example, "tell me about an experience you were unfairly blamed, why were you blamed, who blamed you, did you retaliate and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question
    The only thing that was negotiable was the scheduling...You are offered either part time or full time. Both schedules have different days but the timing is pretty much the same. 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. or 1:00p.m.-10:00p.m.