GE Capital

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dayton, OH

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position and after the application was completed I was able to schedule a phone interview. A few hours later I got an email confirmation about my interview and some others instructions for later in the hiring process.
I got a call from GE Capital Retail Finance Career Support Team exactly on the time that I choose. The first thing they did was tell me about the pay, schedule and training. The pay was OK (I guess that it was in the range for this area) but the schedule did not work for me... four weekdays and one rotating weekend day, 1:30pm-10pm (40 hours week), with eight weeks for training (Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm).
After I confirmed that my availability meets the requirements the questions sections started. I was asked why I was looking for a new job, how I keep myself organized, how I keep myself motivated while doing repetitive tasks... nothing unexpected.
After I answered all the questions I was put on hold and a few seconds later I was informed that they wanted to schedule a personal interview with me. To schedule it I was supposed to call a phone number that they gave me or access my application through the website and pick a time.
I called them asking if there was a first shift available or if later I was going to be able to change to a earlier shift, but I was told that this position always work 1:30p-10pm so unfortunately the schedule did not work for me (I was looking for something Monday-Friday or at least until 6pm) and I withdraw my application.

Interview Question – None. All questions were expected, the usual. No surprises.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Schedule was not going to work for me

Very Difficult Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Capital in December 2013.

Interview Details – After a very rather lengthy and detailed phone interview I was told congratulations and given a time and date (Monday 12-16 at noon) for an in person interview. Prior to that, however, I had to fill out and complete an online application and about 14 other documents and steps plus a confidentiality agreement. I was also instructed to sign the app and other documents, print off all 18 pages and bring them with to the interview. The interview invitation email also requested I arrive 15 minutes early and instructed to allow up to TWO HOURS for the interview process, contained the building address and stated to dress business casual "no jeans or sneakers please"

I arrived dressed appropriately with all requested documents at approximately 11:45 and went up to the security desk on the third floor as instructed in the email. However, there was no security person in the security office but there was one other applicant already waiting to check in as well. So I got in line behind him and about five minutes or so passed and still no security person arrived but another applicant did, so now there was three of us waiting. Approximately another five minutes goes by and the security guy finally returns checks the three of us in and gives us all are little "visitor" badges. He then tell us to wait in the lobby and somebody will be right out to get us- it is now right about noon the scheduled interview time.

So almost immediately someone did come out to the lobby greeted the woman applicant, who had arrived last, took her into a small interview office and closed the door, so I figured we would soon be next. Unfortunately, I was so wrong- we waited and we waited and we waited some more. At 12:30 I thought the wait was getting just a tad excessive so I inquired with the security guard and he informed me that this is normal because the two hour interview block INCLUDES wait time. So we both sat there in the lobby surfing the web and texting for another 25 minutes when finally two women came out into the lobby, apologized for the long wait and asked the guy I was waiting with to come into the interview room also stating they would be "right back to get me".

So now another ten minutes go by and it is now 1:10pm I have been there nearly a hour and a half of the allotted two hour time frame and I'm still staring at the lobby walls. Finally, at 1:15 one of the same two women comes back out to the lobby and asks my name and then asks "what position are you applying for again?" I told her "customer service rep" and she says "oh okay good I will be right back" and left the lobby again!

That WAS IT! What a joke, I am now done with this place, so I get up and walk over to the security office to return my little "visitor" badge and guess who is gone again! Yep that's right the security guard must be out on another smoke break! So I tossed the badge in the trash can by the elevator on my way out.

End result GE wasted about three hours of my time, about $9 in gas money and a whole bunch of my printer ink! They said the position pays $14.50/hour so since that is clearly what GE values my time at thus I just sent them an invoice $43.50 (I guess I will eat the gas and ink expense)

Moral of the long story here guys- Don't waste your time, money or ink on this Global Conglomerate Joke of a company!!!

Interview Question – "What position are you applying for, again?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got an offer to reschedule the interview for another day- WHAT A JOKE!

Merriam, KS

I applied online and interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details – Applied online, had to do a questionnaire, a hypothetical problem.... more time consuming than anything. Then there was a telephone interview and the man on the phone was either typing everything I said down or surfing the web hard core... The in person interview was done by two people I had to wait in a long line and thirty minutes after I was scheduled to be there I was invited into a room with two nice hiring managers and they asked a many "What would you do" questions and took copious notes. Once they deliberated outside I then met my HR rep who was very friendly and offered me a position and laid out everything I needed to do in the coming days.

Interview Question – Online questions were lengthy and boring.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

Interview Details – After passing online assessment, I scheduled phone interview, from the time options that where given. It lasted about 20 min, and questions were mostly about background/experience. At the end of it I was invited for on-site interview. I stopped by, and was interviewed by 2 managers. Questions were not difficult. Your general CSR and behavioral questions. We talked about my expectations as a candidate and their expectations as a company. The interview lasted about 40 min. I received a call from HR the following day, with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – How would you deal with irate senior citizens over the phone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on experience

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied online about 4 months ago. I had received a call and they had a brief interview over the phone. I was then invited for an on site interview. I wasn't able to make it on my scheduled day and time. I had to re apply when the position came back open which was now. I only interviewed with one manager who was very polite. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, from there she told me that it was up to HR and I should hear something by three weeks. It only took a week and they had extended an offer!

Interview Question – If you have customer service experience you know the answers. Nothing difficult at all. Just be through and you'll end up answer all of the questions hence the 20 minute interview; and half of that time was spent talking about the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, they allow me to interview after I missed the first interview and didn't call so I wasn't going to push it. There is a shift differential of 10% so that's a plus!

Merriam, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview, where the basics of the job were went over. We talked a lot about integrity and helping people, which are no-brainers if you have worked in customer service in the past. Went over hours and pay and I accepted both. Got a second interview after scheduling from their site, and interviewed with a manager and higher level rep. Went over many questions from two people, integrity, helping people etc. Also talked a lot about leadership, my past leadership, and leadership potential as well as perks of the job (good health benefits, 401K, gym on site and gym membership reimbursement, healthy food in the cafeteria, etc.) Overall sounded like a good deal so they contacted HR and HR gave the final decision to hire me. We talked about when the training class started, got my picture for my badge, and HR and management answered any questions we had. Not difficult at all, but different than many other interviews because of two people giving questions at once.

Interview Question – Do you understand the credit card process and how to maintain good credit?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating pay here and little negotiation for hours. You can pick days off, but you have to take the hours they give you, which are often night/evening hours. You take it, you work six months, and are able to apply for other positions within the company once you've mastered your current position. This makes sense, as you are proving you know your position and they can see it for themselves, not just go off of what you are telling them. Don't even try to negotiate, as it will look bad and it will also not work.

Guaynabo, PR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was not as professional that i thought it will be.

Interview Question – If you to work with a clown how will you react   View Answer

Tempe, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2009.

Interview Details – The most unique process of GE Money is the initial application in which you DO NOT submit a resume or other information. Basically you are screened by having to complete an assessment that last about 30-45min. If you pass that, then you are asked for your resume and to fill out an application. Then a phone interview is completed, followed about an in person interview with two managers. That followed that typical situational questions and a few basic computer knowledge questions. Since it is an entry level position, there was no negotiations open as to pay. It appeared to purely be driven by their assessment of your experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   View Answers (2)

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Its an Candidate friendly interview at our College.
Almost all of us have cleared the first round of interview which was Screening.
Its a very good experience.
The second round was voice and accent and the final round was HR interview.
We are yet to complete the final round of interview at their office.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Capital

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital Videos

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees and interview candidates.