GE Capital Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Took online assessment which involved different customer service scenarios. Passed, then received email to set up a phone interview. Missed the first call because the phone never rang. (You are only allowed 2 chances then have to wait 6 months to reapply.) I was told congratulations after a brief hold and I could continue the process. No face to face appointments available yet and to check in periodically to get an open slot. Got one the following week. Intimidating (2 people) and lots of questions and writing things down. There was a job offer extended but 2 days before I was to start the HR lady called to say there was a hold up on my background check and I couldn't start with the group without it. She said I could possibly play catch up if it came within a day. Never called me back so I was left hanging. 3 months later I saw they were hiring again and they said that my application said background check wasn't received by testing facility on time (no fault of my own) and they rescheduled ANOTHER face to face. I went yesterday and it was 1 lady (less invasive interview.) I do believe I have to do another background check. I also had to bring papers (resume, section 19...) again. I had to fill out application again. You sign your life away and it feels like you're applying for a job with the FBI. Unfortunately no one seems to know what's going on and has any real answers as to why I'm repeating the process. Ill just continue to jump through hoops I guess. So THIS time she did not extend a job offer unlike the first time. I may have come across as annoyed because of the repeat procedure and didn't mean to. I DID mention what had happened and it may have been a mistake to do that because she might have felt that I thought I was already golden because I had been offered a position previously.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle extra work your manager gave you and continue to get your own work done.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GE Capital in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online application two days ago, there was an assessment of approximately 120 questions total. Shortly after I got done with the job application, I was sent an e-mail from the company that said I could schedule a phone interview for the next day..so I did, a woman called me the next morning at 7:30 am. She asked a series of questions; for example, " Give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and what did you do to resolve their issue ? something on the lines of that anyway. After answering all of the questions, she placed me on a brief hold. When she came back on the line, she said that she wanted to offer me a face-to-face interview. Also asking me to bring a photo I.D. , two resumes, and to print off an application in a red link that she had sent me. After doing what she asked, I now am awaiting my face-to-face interview!

Interview Questions

• There didn't seem to be a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be expecting a long hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially applied online and completed an assessment test. Which was basically regarding banking policies and how to scenarios, as well as personality Q&As. Once completed I was immediately offered to schedule a phone interview. I missed the first call and was luckily able to reschedule for the following day(they only allow you to reschedule once). After we went over my resume and HR asked me some basic customer service questions and went over some WWYD scenarios she placed me on a brief hold and told me they would like to set up an onsite interview. UNFORTUNATELY they did not have any start dates so she told me to check back with their career center and email for upcoming dates. I received an email about week later, on a Tuesday, letting me know I could schedule an interview. They only had interviews for that Wednesday and Thursday available, luckily I was off Thursday and scheduled my interview (pretty inconvenient since it last minute, especially if your currently employed). I received a confirmation email immediately after with my time and date. The following day, around 4pm, I received a call from their business letting me know they OVERBOOKED ALL of their interview time slots but training may open up in January or February 2015.... (What!). Since I was at work I couldn't call their career center so I called them Thursday morning before my interview to inquire. The associate Jeff was rude and non-empathetic. I told him of the call I received and after validating my information he informed me that it seems that I am still scheduled for the interview that day, Thursday at 11am. I told him of the associate that called me and he said, "I would still show up if I were you". I thanked him and he hung up without even a departing greeting. I went ahead and got dressed for this interview, printed out the documents they requested of me and had a family member drop me off. Thank goodness I told my family member to wait 10 minutes just in case. I arrived at 10:45am and spoke with the receptionist about why I was there. The front desk personnel was talking to another associate that they were told they were done with interviews but went in the back to inform HR of my arrival. HR came out and informed me that they contacted me regarding canceling the interview due to overbooking the time slots. I was polite but pretty livid that it seems as if their career center service aren't on the same page. Also, why indicate your hiring but have no real start date. Plus how do you even overbook an interview?! I was initially excited to potentially work for them but now I'm happy I know what type of business they run.. INCONSISTENT.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Fill out application con their website. After phone interview i got an appointment for an onsite interview. Have to cancel my interview due to personal reasons. Reschedule interview for later this month.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Application online. Filled out and took initial assessment. Told immediately that I passes test and could schedule phone interview but no times were available... To check back. Over 3-4 days kept checking then late Sunday night... Boom! Phone interview: lady called 5 kind early. Very kind. BE UPBEAT!! After, she put me on hold to "check over things". Came back on phone and offered me onsite interview. But again... No time slots available. Had to wait to schedule. Two days later... BOOM! Onsite interview following week. Arrived early. Only waited 20 minutes. Lady came out at exactly the right time. Very friendly, behavioral type questions. Tell me about... Can you name... Etc. she left the room to talk to HR. Came back and offered me job and gave pay info. Asked to pick my shift right then. Schedule fingerprint and drug screen immediately. Spent 3 weeks waiting for background check to be completed. STRESSFUL!! Got email because they couldn't get in touch with past employer and needed w2. Faxed off. Then, waited some more. Called today to check in on process and she confirmed I passed and everything was a okay!!!

Interview Questions

• How would u answer a call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Dayton, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Positives: The application process is straightforward: submit resume at GE careers page and do an assessment. If you pass the assessment, you are invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was a review of my resume, a few questions, and a discussion of the position. I was invited to an on-site interview. I couldn't schedule this over the phone because all of the current time-slots for interviews were full. I was told to keep checking my email so I could schedule it later. Red flag #1: I was told we had to arrive 15 minutes early in business casual and bring along all seven pages of the application I was about to fill out (signed), a print-out of a confirmation of my interview, and a picture ID. I was told that if I didn't fulfill every single thing perfectly or if I was even one minute late, I’d be turned away and would have to wait 6 months to reapply. Don't get me wrong-- job applicants should do all these things. But why does a company feel the need to make a rule explicitly stating it? Why all the micromanagement when you don’t even work there yet? Red flag #2: when I went to schedule the on-site, the only options they gave me were either the next day (less than 12 hours’ notice) or the day after. There were no other options available. The instructions say that you are supposed to devote two hours to this interview, because it could take this long (not including the 15 minutes early arrival). I am still working at my current job and I have non-work responsibilities that are actually very important, yet I am expected to pretty much drop everything and devote a rather large chunk of time to an interview-- on virtually no notice? Every face-to-face interview I've ever had was schedule a week in advance (or at least 4-5 days), leaving me plenty of time to get prepared and to gather everything I needed. There is no reason that GE cannot do the same. Red flag #3: I decided after all of this that GE wasn't the company for me. There is no option available for withdrawing your application at all, so I keep getting bombarded with emails (1-3 per day) to schedule my interview. This is super frustrating.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relatively standard. Google "Most Common Interview Questions" and those are the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

I declined the offer to move on to the next process because after giving it some thought, I decided the company wasn't for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Dayton, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position and after the application was completed I was able to schedule a phone interview. A few hours later I got an email confirmation about my interview and some others instructions for later in the hiring process. I got a call from GE Capital Retail Finance Career Support Team exactly on the time that I choose. The first thing they did was tell me about the pay, schedule and training. The pay was OK (I guess that it was in the range for this area) but the schedule did not work for me... four weekdays and one rotating weekend day, 1:30pm-10pm (40 hours week), with eight weeks for training (Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm). After I confirmed that my availability meets the requirements the questions sections started. I was asked why I was looking for a new job, how I keep myself organized, how I keep myself motivated while doing repetitive tasks... nothing unexpected. After I answered all the questions I was put on hold and a few seconds later I was informed that they wanted to schedule a personal interview with me. To schedule it I was supposed to call a phone number that they gave me or access my application through the website and pick a time. I called them asking if there was a first shift available or if later I was going to be able to change to a earlier shift, but I was told that this position always work 1:30p-10pm so unfortunately the schedule did not work for me (I was looking for something Monday-Friday or at least until 6pm) and I withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were expected, the usual. No surprises.   Answer Question

Schedule was not going to work for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

After a very rather lengthy and detailed phone interview I was told congratulations and given a time and date (Monday 12-16 at noon) for an in person interview. Prior to that, however, I had to fill out and complete an online application and about 14 other documents and steps plus a confidentiality agreement. I was also instructed to sign the app and other documents, print off all 18 pages and bring them with to the interview. The interview invitation email also requested I arrive 15 minutes early and instructed to allow up to TWO HOURS for the interview process, contained the building address and stated to dress business casual "no jeans or sneakers please" I arrived dressed appropriately with all requested documents at approximately 11:45 and went up to the security desk on the third floor as instructed in the email. However, there was no security person in the security office but there was one other applicant already waiting to check in as well. So I got in line behind him and about five minutes or so passed and still no security person arrived but another applicant did, so now there was three of us waiting. Approximately another five minutes goes by and the security guy finally returns checks the three of us in and gives us all are little "visitor" badges. He then tell us to wait in the lobby and somebody will be right out to get us- it is now right about noon the scheduled interview time. So almost immediately someone did come out to the lobby greeted the woman applicant, who had arrived last, took her into a small interview office and closed the door, so I figured we would soon be next. Unfortunately, I was so wrong- we waited and we waited and we waited some more. At 12:30 I thought the wait was getting just a tad excessive so I inquired with the security guard and he informed me that this is normal because the two hour interview block INCLUDES wait time. So we both sat there in the lobby surfing the web and texting for another 25 minutes when finally two women came out into the lobby, apologized for the long wait and asked the guy I was waiting with to come into the interview room also stating they would be "right back to get me". So now another ten minutes go by and it is now 1:10pm I have been there nearly a hour and a half of the allotted two hour time frame and I'm still staring at the lobby walls. Finally, at 1:15 one of the same two women comes back out to the lobby and asks my name and then asks "what position are you applying for again?" I told her "customer service rep" and she says "oh okay good I will be right back" and left the lobby again! That WAS IT! What a joke, I am now done with this place, so I get up and walk over to the security office to return my little "visitor" badge and guess who is gone again! Yep that's right the security guard must be out on another smoke break! So I tossed the badge in the trash can by the elevator on my way out. End result GE wasted about three hours of my time, about $9 in gas money and a whole bunch of my printer ink! They said the position pays $14.50/hour so since that is clearly what GE values my time at thus I just sent them an invoice $43.50 (I guess I will eat the gas and ink expense) Moral of the long story here guys- Don't waste your time, money or ink on this Global Conglomerate Joke of a company!!!

Interview Questions

• "What position are you applying for, again?"   1 Answer

I got an offer to reschedule the interview for another day- WHAT A JOKE!

Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Merriam, KS).

Interview

Applied online, had to do a questionnaire, a hypothetical problem.... more time consuming than anything. Then there was a telephone interview and the man on the phone was either typing everything I said down or surfing the web hard core... The in person interview was done by two people I had to wait in a long line and thirty minutes after I was scheduled to be there I was invited into a room with two nice hiring managers and they asked a many "What would you do" questions and took copious notes. Once they deliberated outside I then met my HR rep who was very friendly and offered me a position and laid out everything I needed to do in the coming days.

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Kettering, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

The Interview was conducted through telephone conversation for this position. It was conducted extremely well. The information give was correct and detailed aboutthe position. The interview process was simple and direct. I was pleased with the questions asked and the sharing with the interview of

Interview Questions

• Questions concerning my aptitude on the computer and familiarity with operation of many w screens simultaneously.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the phone interview I was able to negotiate a beter tarting pay than the first offer and then the interviewer added an even better rate. I was very pleased wit comments that I was almost over-qualified. The position has been a good one at the most opportune time. I am attending school for my MBA and I enjoy this work. I plan on applying for a full-time position and using my education to advance in the company. I feel I can offer my services and knowledge of business to advance in career opportunities with this company.