GE Capital Data Architect Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Intern (13)
- Customer Service Representative (10)
- Risk Management Program (6)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Project Manager (4)
- Associate (4)
- Collections Representative (4)
- Analyst (3)
- Summer Intern (3)
- FMP Intern (3)
- Senior Financial Analyst (2)
- ITLP Intern (2)
- Practice Development Manager (2)
- Legal (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Sales (2)
- Sourcing Specialist (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Portfolio Analyst (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Risk Analyst (2)
- IT Intern (2)
- IT Leader (2)
- Accountant (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Underwriter (1)
- All (1)
- IMLP (1)
- IMLP Intern (1)
- Senior Risk Analyst (1)
Data Architect Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in April 2012.
Interview Details – Applied directly online, no recruiter / headhunter.
1. Initial phone call with outsourced HR person, nothing technical, just going over background as it related to position. Discussion of current salary.
2. Phone call with hiring manager. A few technical questions relating to query design and optimization. Reviewed background and position responsibilities. Some behavioral questions.
3. Phone call with SME. Extremely technical, 15-20 challenging questions covering a wide-array of DB architecture topics from data partitioning, query / index optimization, data modeling, etc..
4. Phone call with hiring manager's manager. Non-technical, behavioral questions.
5. Interview with HR manager. Behavioral questions, general discussion of GE Capital / GE.
Offer came a few days after speaking with HR manager.
Overall I felt the interview process was very challenging yet fair, and they obviously put some effort into weeding out less than qualified candidates. I wouldn't suggest GE Capital as a place to interview if you're planning on using the "I'll fake it to get the job, then read some books" strategy. You need to have had experience with the core functional areas of the position, or else they'll immediately know you're out of your league.
Interview Question – Give a brief overview of how you would model the data behind a loan application system. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer accepted.
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Capital