GE Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied directly online, no recruiter / headhunter.

1. Initial phone call with outsourced HR person, nothing technical, just going over background as it related to position. Discussion of current salary.

2. Phone call with hiring manager. A few technical questions relating to query design and optimization. Reviewed background and position responsibilities. Some behavioral questions.

3. Phone call with SME. Extremely technical, 15-20 challenging questions covering a wide-array of DB architecture topics from data partitioning, query / index optimization, data modeling, etc..

4. Phone call with hiring manager's manager. Non-technical, behavioral questions.

5. Interview with HR manager. Behavioral questions, general discussion of GE Capital / GE.

Offer came a few days after speaking with HR manager.

Overall I felt the interview process was very challenging yet fair, and they obviously put some effort into weeding out less than qualified candidates. I wouldn't suggest GE Capital as a place to interview if you're planning on using the "I'll fake it to get the job, then read some books" strategy. You need to have had experience with the core functional areas of the position, or else they'll immediately know you're out of your league.

Interview Question – Give a brief overview of how you would model the data behind a loan application system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Capital

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital Videos

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital Data Architect interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees and interview candidates.